Accepting Change

Saturday, February 28th, 2015

Read Isaiah 43:1-7

View the Jan-Feb, 2015 Issue

- Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)

When I was younger, I welcomed change. That was probably because I either instigated the changes in my life or at least seemed to have control over them. Life was full of new possibilities as I went off to college, learned new things, and made new friends. Change was everywhere, encouraged, and embraced.

Now that I am older, I realize that life sometimes leads me to places I don’t want to go. I have become resistant to change and often try to cling to the status quo. My head knows that this is impossible, but my heart remains stubborn.

We often don’t see “the big picture” in life; only God does. Change can bring about anxiety and fear, until we recognize that God is with us in the midst of all change.

Letting go of fear begins when we trust in God. When change comes, we can ask what we may learn from the situation. We can look for what God might be trying to teach us, which can lessen our resistance to change. And we can pray that we will be able to cope with change and allow God to guide us through it.

Michael Arnum (Massachusetts, USA)

Fear decreases as faith increases.

O God, walk with us today and be our guide through whatever changes may come. Amen.

Prayer focusPeople facing change

Comment by Tommie of Dayton, TN

I totally agree with Michael. I don't like change. It's hard to face facts sometimes but here I am, having to do just that. I'm being put in a swingbed level of care today for how long, I don't know. At least I like where I am even if the food is lacking. :)
Thank you for all your prayers on my behalf. You don't know what it means to me to see the outpouring of faith for me from people I only know online. It's a blessed experience.
I did sleep well last night and, as a matter of fact, am still sleepy. Breakfast is coming so I'd better wrap this up.
Comment by adam of Dublin, OH
Good Morning God and UR family, once again while I sleep God, You are sending forth Yours to love and support Eric and many others as the cry of those who are just holding on is spoken. How often as in the devotion we do not hear it, but You do. This morning we hear and try and respond. Continue to open our eyes to those around us who simply want to know You are there. Inflame the hearts of the faithful, inspire us to do the small so You can be seen and Your glory known. As You do everyday day for me, humble me, love me so that I can love the way You love. Provide guidance and wisdom that comes from heavenly knowledge. Please let all who are suffering hear our prayers for them, instilling a renewed sense of value in our and their hearts and minds. I love You and cant wait to see You in the sunrise.
Posted February 27, 2012 at 06:34AM CST
Comment by adam of Dublin, OH
Good Evening God and UR family, a think a collective sigh was heard around this entire country if not the world. I am not sure that you or I or anyone can truly appreciate the amazing love God has placed in this place and in these people who visit here. If you ever doubt your worth to God or anyone else, come back, I sure will. God is real, powerful and when His people are moved by their love for him, nothing is impossible nor unimagineable. I have been blessed by what I have witnessed here today, let alone in every other part of my life. So as I prepare for the evening and rest, I cannot escape the need I feel to be close to You. The more I go through with You in my life, more I want You in it. I know each day is a journey with You. Scared that I will mess up, go off track with You, sometimes consumes my thoughts. Yet I know that no matter what I do, You will make it good. You will find the beauty, the wonder, and the love to over come and calm what troubles me. I face the world with strength, but You know what lies beneath. I hide nothing from You, nor do I want too. So as I open my heart and soul and give you control and ask You to consume me from the inside out. I love you.
Posted February 27, 2012 at 08:37PM CST

Posted February 27, 2015 at 07:53AM CST

Thank you, Michael. Change is always tough but then all of a sudden it can seem - well, ok. What a monumental change Jesus made when he came to earth to change us from the sinners we are by nature to his saints of God. Our biggest most important and significant change we will ever make is accepting Jesus as our Lord and Savior.

Posted February 27, 2015 at 08:00AM CST

Good morning, everyone! Thank you, Michael, for your devotional this morning. I am a very traditional person, and I don’t much like change, as it causes a degree of anxiety and fear in me. I pray that I will learn to trust Him more with my future, as I know that He holds it all in His hands.
MONTE - I am praising the Lord that the suspicious smoke smell you had in your home on Thursday was not something serious, and that there was no fire lurking anywhere in your home. I am joining you in prayer for all firemen and other emergency responders, that the Lord will watch over and protect them. * KATHY of Reading - I am praying that the Lord will give you travel mercies as you drive to Ohio to visit your grandsons. I pray that you have good weather, arrive safely, and have a wonderful time together. I am also praying that everything goes well with looking at the apartment, and that this might be a nice place with a good rent. I am also keeping the situation at your work, with the difficult co-worker in prayer, that this situation will be resolved, and that perhaps your supervisor can work something out where you won’t have much contact with each other. I pray that He will also open up a good opportunity for you to find another good, decent-paying job back in Ohio.
DAN - I pray that everything went well with your shift working the book cart at the jail. As someone who loves to read, I really pray the Lord’s blessing on this ministry. I pray that the Lord watches over and protects you and all others in the South as you travel on the snowy and icy roads. * JUDY of Yalaha, FL - I am praying for your friend, Pat, that the Lord will bring him healing and calm his restlessness. I pray that his move to a regular room in the hospital will help with that, and that the Lord will bring him peace.
RAYNARD - I am praying for both you and your wife as you move into your new home this weekend. I pray that everything goes smoothly, and that that Lord will provide enough people to help you. * SUSAN of Plymouth, MN - I am praying for Carmen and her family as they lost another family member to a drug overdose. I pray that the Lord will bring them comfort, and that some good may come from this tragedy. I pray that the Lord will uphold Carmen and give her strength and wisdom as she cares for her grandchildren. I am also praying that the Lord will give you wisdom and the right words as you write to Gracie, words that will meet her needs and speak to her for the Lord.
MARSHA of Brownwood, TX - I pray that the Lord was with you as you substituted in the middle school yesterday. I pray that both you and the children were special blessings to each other. * SANDRA of Summerville, SC - A belated happy 60th birthday earlier this week! I pray that your day was a special one for you, and that the Lord will bless you with many more wonderful years.
LINDA of Madison, AL - I am praying for your son and his fiance, that the Lord will watch over them both as they are having their bachelor/bachelorette parties in Nashville. I pray that He will keep them safe on the icy roads, and that everyone will have a nice, safe time. I pray that the Lord will bless their upcoming marriage, and that they will put Him first in their new lives together. * ELIZABETH of Rougemont, NC - I am continuing in prayer for your brother, Mickey, as he finishes up his sentence in prison. I pray that the Lord will use him a very special way, both in the prison, and then outside when he is released. I pray that the Lord will uphold and bless young Jeffrey, Mickey’s son, carrying him through this difficult time for him, and that He will bless you with wisdom and strength as you care for him.
LILY of Palmyra, NJ - I am continuing to hold up your son, David, in prayer as he is in prison, soon to be released next month. I pray that the Lord will yet reach him while he is in there, and that he will make use of the prison ministries, and not let the negative comments of some detract him. I pray that he might find a good job when released from prison, and that he will also get involved with some 12-step or other type program to help keep him off of drugs and/or alcohol, and that the Lord will send along his way a good Christian man to befriend and help mentor and encourage him. * SHEILA of Bryantsville - Thank you for your words yesterday, reminding me that the Lord has provided for me everything we needed, just when we’ve needed it, and not to worry, but trust that He will continue to do so. Thank you!
BRIAN of Amarillo - I am praying for your friend, Clay, who is dealing with deep depression, particularly over problems at work. I pray that he will turn to the Lord, trust in Him, and that the Lord will lift that depression and replace it with His peace and joy. I pray that He will also work out those work problems for Clay, resolving them in a way for his good, and that will bring Him the praise and glory. * MARY of Albuquerque - I am praising the Lord with you that you received some much needed moisture in the form of snow yesterday. I pray that the Lord will continue to bring more precipitation for you, to end the bad drought that you have been having there.
DONNA of San Marcos, TX - I am praying for you, that the Lord will bring you healing for your cough and fever, and that you will be feeling better real soon. I praise the Lord that your sitter was able to come last night and today, and that your husband was sweet enough to make dinner. * DONNA of Seguin, TX - I am praying for your friend, Rhonda, who has become very discouraged, depressed, and negative. I pray that the Lord will open her eyes to the blessings He has bestowed on her, and that He will lift her depression and replace it with His Spirit of joy and thankfulness.
CHERIE of Inverness, FL - Prayers for you and Ron as you travel to Arkansas. I pray that the Lord will give you good weather to drive in, and safety on the road. I am also praying that Ron will feel well throughout the trip. I am praying that the Lord will have a very good place prepared for you to move into when you arrive. * TOMMIE of Dayton, TN - I am continuing in prayer that the Lord will bring you complete healing. I pray that you will be home from the hospital real soon, and that He will uphold you and renew your strength each day.

Posted February 27, 2015 at 10:16PM CST
Comment by Jackie of San Antonio, TX

Good morning UR family. Michael thank you for this devotional. I love change. My problem is keeping up with change. My uncle and I were talking about change in our lives. It's funny that the devotional would be about change. Sometimes on my sure what God wants me to do.

Heavnely father, I ask that you would keep everyone safe in this winter weather. Be with Raynard as he move tomorrow. Watch over each person on this site. Amen.

Posted February 27, 2015 at 11:33PM CST
Comment by Jena of Columbus, OH

Goodmorning Family

I missed all of you the past two days. My soul was suffering, and longing for more of God's holy spirit. I realized that I needed to call out to God for repentance, and seek for his ways, in order to heal my soul of the back-slidden condition. I went online to my old ministry where I attended bible school years back. The teachings are very prophectically annointed to steer a true sinner back to repentance, seeking his face. If anyone needs to hear the word, please get online to www.wordofprophecy.org, and click listen now. It's an old-time spirit filled ministry, that can help you back on your way the lord. It can also teach you the secrets of the spirit of God's own heart. Please trust that it really works, if you allow for your faith to reach in depths into the word. I pray that everyone here has been doing well, and that God is guiding your hearts and minds back towards him. The devil is getting a hold of carnal christians everyday, and making our lives a social nightmare. Don't allow for anger, malice, envy, jealousy, persecution, adultery, fornication, lust, and all the things that lead us to a life of spiritual destruction take hold of your thoughts. I started backsliding, however I ran back to the arms of Jesus, and asked for his forgiveness. Please bind the wicked attacks that the enemy is instilling in your minds, and hearts, and pray the holy spirit into your life.

Posted February 28, 2015 at 12:02AM CST
Comment by Jena of Columbus, OH

Father God,

I ask that you would protect my manager at my place of employment, and forgive me of the mis-guided thoughts I had towards him. Father God, I have had a hard time at my place of employment because of my peers, however he has been my strength, sticking by my side, and allowing me to voice my opinion about the social abnormalities, and challenges I face everyday. I ask that you would bless him with favor, and remove every wicked thing that stands in his way. Please bless him mentally, spiritually, and emotionally to become an even stronger leader, on the pathway to victory. I ask that you would destroy Satan's strongholds, and everything that attempts to get in his way. I ask that you protect, and guard his home, his family, and all that belongs to him, in Jesus Christ of Nazareth name. I bind every curse, every hex, every charm, every spell, any spirit of blacksmajic, or bewitching, or beguiling spirit that attempts to attack him, and cast all of them down into the pit of hell. I ask that you annoint him with your spirit of grace, favor, and joy, and keep him in perfect peace. Keep his heart and mind continually upon your ways, and prosper him in all that he does, keeping you in mind, Father God, in Jesus holy name I pray.

Posted February 28, 2015 at 12:11AM CST
Comment by Yvonne of Grand Prairie, TX

This devotional was right on time. Life is full of changes and everything must change. We just have to accept it and go through life. In the end, we will all be just fine as long as we are right with the creator. Thank you Michael for reminding us.

Posted February 28, 2015 at 01:23AM CST
Comment by Donna of San Marcos, TX

Good morning dear UR family! Up due to fever and coughing so I decided to come to the chapel and seek God's help. I love Isaiah and this was comforting to read at this time. Michael, I can relate to your devotional as the changes just keep coming in our household. It is harder to adjust as I have gotten older, and the changes have gotten harder. Being sick has been humbling and I have had to ask for and accept help. My friend took me to the walk-in clinic yesterday and at least I do not have the flu. It feels like the flu but is a very bad virus. I have received very sweet and supportive texts from friends who know I am sick and every time something goes well, I know God has taken care of me. Going back to bed now. Blessings to all who come to this chapel, you are such precious people.

Posted February 28, 2015 at 03:59AM CST
Comment by raynard of newark, DE

Good Morning U.R Family.Thank you Michael for your devotional. You would think after 22 years in the military with the changes that gave you a 'A Team' mentality. You know go into a barn with no tools and then build a plane. I digress. Our planned move is ever so changing.. My wife and I already got boxes and she started packing.Might pass up and let her take her aunt to the flower show. The babysitter who I use to work with canceled due to family problems. Jackie is this the part where I start singing I got a lovely bunch of coconuts,here they are standing g in a row.. I digress.. The winds of change is also at my job as my bosses last day is Monday. Hope that new young LT doesn't think 'he's going to crack a whip like a lion tamer in the circus. In my Snagapuss voice from the Hanna/Barbera cartoons' Heaven's to Megatroid Exit Stage Left.. lol Prayers going out to each and every spoken and unspoken request.. Thank you everyone for your prayers concerning ' My mission from God. Shelia I promise not to pull up in your just shoveled driveway ' in a old police car wearing shades saying ' can you see the light I digress. Be blessed and have a good day..

Posted February 28, 2015 at 04:40AM CST
Comment by Lydia of Cumming, GA

Thank you, Michael, for your devotional. Sometimes change is hard to take and at another times, change is welcomed. In one year we went from no grandchildren to three beautiful and precious babies. We praise God for this wonderful change in our lives and the blessings we have received. Blessings to those who are experiencing painful changes. Believe that God is our strength and our refuge. Have a wonderful day, dear cyber fellowship of believers.
********
Fear not, little flock, from the cross to the throne,
From death into life He went for His own;
All power in earth, all power above,
Is given to Him for the flock of His love.
********
Only believe, only believe;
All things are possible, only believe;
Only believe, only believe;
All things are possible, only believe.
****
Fear not, little flock, He goeth ahead,
Your Shepherd selecteth the path you must tread;
The waters of Marah He’ll sweeten for thee,
He drank all the bitter in Gethsemane.
***
Fear not, little flock, whatever your lot,
He enters all rooms, “the doors being shut,”
He never forsakes; He never is gone,
So count on His presence in darkness and dawn.
*******
by Paul Rader, 1921. Public Domain.

Posted February 28, 2015 at 05:06AM CST

Michael, thank you for the reading and your thoughts on change. Tommie, continued prayers for you. Scott, praise for your ministry. Nell, praise for your cousin's ministry, my mom is from Booneville and we still have relatives there, the Blanck and Conway families. Don, praying for your daughter. Praying for Lily, Elizabeth, and all others with family members in prison. Susan, praying for Carmen's family. Kim, continued prayers for healing from cancer. Brian, praying for your friend Clay with depression. Donna San Marcos, praying you are feeling better. Donna Seguin, praying for your friend Rhonda. Yulia, continued prayers for you and Jesse, and thanks for the kidney stone advice, Bethanne still has some that have not passed. Judy, continued prayers for Pat. Julie, continued prayers for your mom. Merry, continued prayers for you and your husband, I have a great visual of Charlie bounding through the snow. Praises for all needs met, and prayers for all needs spoken or unspoken. Have a blessed day.

Posted February 28, 2015 at 05:28AM CST

Good morning. Michael, welcome to the UR family. Thank you for your devotional contribution. We do need to be prepared to accept the fact that there will be changes in the world around us. However, we need to rely on the Lord to help us to cope with those changes without losing our faith in Him. Not all of the changes will seem to be for the better, but if we allow the Lord to guide us in our response to them, He will see us through them. Some changes around us may seem to be just what we always wanted to occur, but may turn out be quite the opposite. Let the Lord guide you as you cope with the changes that occur. Better times lie ahead for all of us who trust in the Lord. He will lead us to better times, if we will just let Him do so. Praise the Lord!!

Posted February 28, 2015 at 05:48AM CST

Michael, thank you for this devotion, and for sharing your feelings about change. I don't recall any significant changes in the first stages of my life. I was in my 40's before experiencing my first funeral, and was 44 when our job change was not voluntary; this was significant because we left what had been our home and culture for 15 years to come to NC. This was not only a good change (liked the new job), it was a very good change. Now, having been introduced to Christ, change is exciting; whether I am leaving something dear to me, or starting something totally unknown, it is progress and God is behind it. So true, nothing can separate us from the Love God! Praise God!

Posted February 28, 2015 at 05:55AM CST
Comment by James of Fayetteville, GA

Many times our prayers are guided by a desire to control what changes take place in our lives. When we are healthy, we don't pray for the maintenance of our current state of good health. Many times we assume that we don't need to. But let us have a health problem and we will pray for our good health. We pray for the continued good health or the healing of those we love and don't want to be without. This is not to say that we shouldn't pray for these things because God has said in His word that whatever concerns us to the point of anxiety or whatever needs we have, we should bring to God in prayer. I have learned to trust God and to demonstrate that trust in a loving, merciful, graceful God, by praying from my heart, as did Jesus, not my will but your will (Father) be done. Change will come but according to God's perfect timing. Thank you Michael for this wonderful, inspiring, preparatory devotional. God bless you and our UR Family.

Posted February 28, 2015 at 06:24AM CST
Comment by CARMEN of Caguas, PR

PRAISE THE LORD, GLORY BE TO GOD FATHER REDEEMER COMFORTER, LORD OF ALL CREATION. THIS IS THE DAY THE LORD HAS CREATED, LET'S REJOICE IN IT. THANKS PAPA FOR LOVING, FORGIVING, AND REDEEMING US. THANK YOU FOR THE BLOOD OF JESUS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HOLY SPIRIT ABIDING IN US. WE LOVE YOU, WE KNEEL DOWN IN HUMBLE ADORATION. HALELUJAH. AMEN

Posted February 28, 2015 at 06:29AM CST
Comment by Jimmie of Chester, VA

Good morning to all. Happy Saturday! Please join me in thanking God for this new day. I want to be a blessing to someone other than myself, so I am praying for everyone and for all needs to be met. God is able! Thank you for your devotional, Michael. And thank you, Joe, for your comment about the "greatest change " one can ever make. Happy birthday and anniversary to everyone celebrating on February 28, 2015. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" Genesis 1:1).

Posted February 28, 2015 at 06:33AM CST
Comment by Susan of Plymouth, MN

Good morning, all! Michael, you are so right about our response to change changing (that sounds ironic, but I suppose that we are changing!) James of Fayetteville, you are right on, too.
I remember that when I was a young single mom, everything was uncertain, but everything was possible, and I trusted fully in the Lord. Then I got older and more settled in my ways, and maybe didn't feel the constant need to pray so frequently and fervently.
Now that I'm a temporary employee, living far from home, I'm less rosy about uncertainty, but I welcome the renewed yearning that I have, to keep reaching out to God. So in some ways, the uncertainty itself is a blessing.
Thank you all for your prayers.

Posted February 28, 2015 at 06:49AM CST

Great weekend for all the UR Family and their friends may the Lord bless them all. Praise the Lord!!! Michael, thanks for the scripture and your devotional that reminds us as we get older we become more set in our ways and change is less and less favorable. Sometimes that fear that keeps us from changing is a fear that we will be unable to complete the change. If we trust in God and He is behind the change He will make it happen. I think of fear as a great "motivator" if we challenge it. Praying all the UR Family has a blessed day and weekend of Joy and Love from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. May He heal and care for all those in need. God is Love!!! Edd of Ocala, FL.

Posted February 28, 2015 at 07:01AM CST
Comment by Barbara of Falls Church, VA

Good morning, all. Michael, thank you for your devotion. I can relate so well to what you have written for us. I especially like your statement that "Letting go of fear begins when we trust God." It is hard for me to imagine what wonderful things God has in store for me--but the Bible promises that his plan for my life is far more wonderful than I can imagine. I recently read a quote by James H. Aughey that says "....your faith will be strengthened by the very efforts you make in stretching it out toward things unseen." May God strengthen my faith by helping me to reach out and trust His guidance for my life.

Posted February 28, 2015 at 07:04AM CST

Good morning as we come to the end of another week and the end of the second month of 2015. I pray for all the blessings I have received and pray for continued blessings and healings for you my faithful family of Love and Prayer. Michael, your message was meant for me as I don't always readily adapt to change. But I go forth, knowing God is with me making the way clear for me. Heavenly Father, I lift up this wonderful family into your care. Praying for blessings of healing, for financial security, for better jobs and for peace for those that work in an environment that is stressful. Hear my prayers and bless us all throughout this day. "ASK"

Posted February 28, 2015 at 07:12AM CST
Comment by Brent of West Monroe, LA

Good morning everyone and thank you Michael for the wonderful devotional today. Change can cause anxiety and stress. But as Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." We do not know what the future holds, but He does. Let us accept the changes in our lives knowing that the Lord is with us always. I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed weekend. Be Safe and God Bless!

Posted February 28, 2015 at 07:18AM CST
Comment by Laura

Michael - thank you for this most powerful, relieving devotional!
Blessings!!!

Posted February 28, 2015 at 07:38AM CST
Comment by Barb of Crown Point, IN

Michael, thank you for the thoughts on change. It can be a good or bad thing but we have to roll with it and trust God. We are in a big change phase here, since I lost my job 3 weeks ago and my husband might lose his in May. God will see us though, we just have to do some footwork and not just sit around. He'll see us through but we have to do our part.
Lifting up Tommie's health,... Raynard's move.. Bethanne and George.. Henry's family.. Sarah and her kids..... Cherie and Ron .... All those going through change
Praying for Donna of Sequin and her friend Rhonda. Peace for Rhonda. Donna, I know how you feel, too much negativity can suck the life out of you, once you've shared your concern, if she can't adapt her negative attitude, at least a little then sometimes distancing is all you can do to not be sucked dry and drug down.
Praying for all with winter ailments like cold and flu and those like Shelia stuck inside by the snow!
Praying for all request and those held in the ❤️

Posted February 28, 2015 at 07:56AM CST

Tommie of Dayton, TN, I have put your name on our church's prayer list. We keep a list where all can see . We try to keep that list up in prayer 24/7 if possible(sounds impossible but several folks have been awaken in the night with the urge to lift the needs on the list up in prayer to our Healing, Savior God. Pray that you can report a touch of healing from the Lord.

Posted February 28, 2015 at 08:01AM CST
Comment by Frank of Divot Landing, SC

Adam’s prayer , reprinted from 2/27/12 (thanks, Tommie--get well soon) mentions a concern for an “Eric”. I remember Eric’s tragic cry for help from God to pull him up from an almost suicidal state of depression. This fellowship of believers immediately began pouring its love and prayers toward Eric. Folks came down out of the “balcony” (a better term than “lurkers”, Monte -lol) to encourage Eric. I note there were 159 comments that day whereas we generally get in the 60’s. I had just started sitting in the balcony amd knew I’d found a home when I saw such caring. This fellowship is a continuing inspiration and blessing. Frank from Salem, SC

Posted February 28, 2015 at 08:20AM CST
Comment by Heidi of Woodstock, IL

Good morning, thank you Michael for your devotional. God has seen me through many changes and blessings in my life. Have learned and grown along with them. For that I am truly thankful. Prayer for all that enter. Have a blessed day.

Posted February 28, 2015 at 08:20AM CST

Good morning cyber chapel! Michael I am one who embraces some change, but not necessarily too keen on the actual transition! When packing for a trip I find I dread the packing and the actual getting there. I would prefer to have the powers of Samantha on Bewitched and just twitch my nose! haha, but I do think as we grow and grow older we also discern our preferences and become entrenched in them. Guilty, guilty, guilty. I do know that God is with us on this journey regardless of some of our choices. I would not say that God called us to move temporarily a few years back, but He was in the midst of all that happened. There were mostly rewarding experiences and I did for my daughter and for that we have no regrets. Long story short we had no place to live and could not find one because of a catastrophic event that left the area with lots of displaced folks so our timing was less than ideal in that regard, but it all worked out and we made it through that "desert" or "storm"....a little of both. I still need to write that book. HA! Have a wonderful day folks. Tommie praying for you as you are dealing with changes. If I could get you some food I would. I do think that sleeping better(and not at home at that!) will be of great help to your continued healing. Be blessed one and all.

Posted February 28, 2015 at 08:33AM CST

Father God , thank you for the many changes you bring in our lives. Change can be exciting and at the same time scary, but through all the many changes in our lives we can glimpse all the many different facets of your love for us. When I was diagnosed with cancer, I fought it, I was scared and rattled, but the last six months have shown me that you walk with us through deep waters. Thank you for being my firm foundation when my world was shattering. Lord we lift Tommie up to you today. Give her the peace of knowing you are with her. We pray for Ron and Cherie. We pray for all who need you for a myriad of reasons. Help us all to trust in you. I pray for my daughter Jennifer and granddaughter Nevaeh who is running a fever. Keep her safe as she takes her into urgent care in the snow. Be with us this day. Help us find a way to speak a word of encouragement to others. IJN Amen .

For those who need God's strength today ... I am not alone - Kari Jobe - with lyrics: http://youtu.be/cPQNMuumLQk

Posted February 28, 2015 at 09:01AM CST
Comment by Marsha of Brownwood, TX

Thank You dear Lord for this new day! Thank You Lord for the rain You know we need!
Thank you Michael for your devotional today! My life has been constant change. My mom was divorced and we were forced to move frequently, then I married a sailor and we moved internationally frequently. Then I got divorced and continued to move frequently for better jobs. I hope to finally settle down roots here near my kids and grandkids, However, I must remember this life on earth is temporary, my real home is in Heaven! Praise Jesus!
Thank you for your prayers! I had a wonderful day yesterday subbing for 7th graders including my grandson, Ryan.
I am praying for you.
Have a blessed day!

Posted February 28, 2015 at 09:05AM CST
Comment by Lily of Palmyra, NJ

Good morning UR family! Thank you Michael for today's reading. This clearly reminds us whose we are & that He is always with us bringing us back from whatever we might have fallen into. The Lord is there throughout all the changes. I pray for all needs mentioned here, IJN. ♡

Posted February 28, 2015 at 09:12AM CST
Comment by Anita of Plymouth, MI

Good morning UR family and thank you Michael for your message of change that speaks directly to me and the changes that are about to occur in my life. I've pretty much welcomed change most of my life as I've experienced much of it. From leaving Cincinnati as a 12 year old tween and relocating to Miami, Fl then to Michigan for college then to Atlanta, Georgia to begin my career, then back in Michigan and now back to Cincinnati to start a new job and a new chapter in my life. Funny how things come full circle. (By the way thanks to everyone who prayed for me during the interview process.) I am grateful and anxious all at the same time...just thinking about what lies ahead of me with yet another change in my life. But I know that even with this the Lord will provide as it know full well that this blessing is from Him. I have been praying for years for God to remove me from my extremely toxic work environment and He has done it...in his own time, in His own way. I have learned through increased faith and patience to trust in God, that He is there in the midst working all things out for my good (Romans 8:28). Everything that has happened in just a month's time has blown me away! And He is working out every tiny little detail. Though anxious thoughts of how this upcoming change will work out are in my mind, yet I will trust in Him. The author and perfector of my faith! To God be the glory forever and ever! Praying for all who enter this holy site...be patient, trust in the will of God and He will show up! Have a blessed day.

Posted February 28, 2015 at 09:27AM CST
Comment by Ken of Edmond , OK

Man! Hit me right between the eyes with this devotional, Michael! In my own life, I don't believe I face a bigger challenge than change! When I find my little 'rut', I like it there. Too Sentimental for my own good! Thanks for sharing!

Posted February 28, 2015 at 09:31AM CST

Good Morning UR family and Michael Thank you for the devotional. I do admit I am a creature of habit. I like many others prefer for things to remain the same however life is not like that as Forest Gump said "Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you are going to get."
The best thing about life for me is that I know that I am never alone. I have the Lord and all of you in this Cyber chapel.
Praying for all on the list spoken or not.Thanks for your continued prayers for my mom.
May the Lord bless you all.
Have a great day UR family.

Posted February 28, 2015 at 09:46AM CST
Comment by Duane of Pomaria, SC

Michael Arnum (Massachusetts, USA); what a very poignant and loving message from God our Father. I especially like your “Thought for Today’ - Fear decreases as faith increases. For you see – My Faith is all I have, for my Faith is all I need. Hope in the Lord, Hope for things that are not seen, for hope in things that are seen is not hope and hope is not disappointed. Praying for all who have trials, tribulations, concerns, worry and fear. “Hope in the Lord always” no matter what the circumstances.
The only thing that I know of that never changes in this life is the love of God for we-His children. AMEN?
Peace and Grace,

Posted February 28, 2015 at 09:56AM CST
Comment by Duane of Pomaria, SC

Lydia, what a great song and contribution to God’s message to us for today.
Peace and Grace,

Posted February 28, 2015 at 10:06AM CST
Comment by Brian of Amarillo, TX

Good morning UR Family and thank you for the devotional reading Michael. I suppose what we call change our Father in Heaven might call growth. I'm not one to embrace change though as I meditate on this devotional it is obvious that life is constantly changing, my challenge is to be thankful that as change occurs I acknowledge that God is with me in the change and have faith that there is some good that will be revealed. Lifting the concerns of all my brothers and sisters whether spoken or unspoken. Thank you for the prayers for Clay, I have given him a copy of Jesus is Calling and have witnessed to him. He is a Justice of the Peace here and has to go out on calls 24/7 to pronounce a cause of death. Seeing so many dead bodies is weighing on his heart. Stay warm UR Family and have a blessed day.

Posted February 28, 2015 at 10:10AM CST
Comment by Mary of Albuquerque, NM

Praising God for 9 more inches of new snow! This may not seem like a miracle to the rest of you that are struggling with many feet of snow but here our air is so dry that morning snow seldom stays around until the afternoon because it doesn't melt; it evaporates! We rarely see snow stay overnight. If it falls, it may evaporate before it hits the ground. A good year for us is 10 inches of precipitation. So, we are rejoicing! Except for one year, we have had drought conditions since 1995. It will take many, many snowfalls and rainfalls to catch us up to where we need to be. Meanwhile, praise God!

Posted February 28, 2015 at 10:28AM CST

Only 58 more days till Bethanne comes home to George! George will a Wednesday conversation become 'the norm' each week or was last Wednesday's conversation on the phone a one time thing? Prayers that it's a weekly thing. I'm sure it's hard to put all you both were feeling at that first call in almost 30 days into just 10 minutes.
Only 20 more days till Spring! Whoohoo!
I couldn't take it any more... I got the shovel out and helped Mother Nature on the driveway yesterday... shoulder and back are letting me know about it today... but we were able to get out of the house yesterday... finally... there's still about a foot of snowdrift in the turnabout of our drive but we'll manage... it sure felt good to get out and be around other people... and go grocer shopping. Whoohoo for freedom! LOL
I have a question for anyone in our URF who might be computer savvy... how is it possible for someone who does not even have a Facebook page to be able to get into a lot of other people's FB pages and see comments made? I have my page set for privacy so only people on my friend list can see my page... I thought... My son-in-law Rick... has been, as my daughter calls it... 'stalking' all of her family and friends through the internet. He's never allowed her to have a FB account... he does not have one, and only agreed to allow Hannah, his daughter that Tammy has raised the past 11 years, to have one so Hannah could keep up with her birth mother if she wanted to... but she doesn't... Hannah is not on my friend list because Tammy didn't want that connection for him to 'stalk' me... but apparently he found a loophole and has been stalking me because they got into a big argument last night over a comment I had made last July to a friend who asked me about a tattoo artist and I had commented that she had been commissioned to do a piece for one in Lexington. It seems the more I lift him in praise to God for how He will answer my years of prayer for his salvation, the worse things get. I am choosing to not let fear for her overtake me.... but this kind of stalking every move she makes is the kind that so many times ends with one or both of a couple dead.... Holy Father, forbid it, IJNA. She stays in the marriage for Hannah's sake. Please lift Tammy and Hannah in prayer for protection and SIL Rick in prayer for salvation.. sobriety.. peace ... love. I know all the problems stem from him not having a relationship with Christ and a lack of understanding what Love of God and love of self is about. I have removed the comment that started the argument. And I will spend part of the day today going through my pages to see if there are any other comments that might cause another argument. But if anyone knows what I can do to help keep him from being able to 'stalk' me via the internet... please let me know.
On a similar matter... lifting the family and friends remaining in the small community of MO where a multiple murder occurred Thursday night... so many questions and no way to find the answers because the shooter killed himself after killing several others. So sad... prayers for healing... especially the children involved, and the woman who was shot but survived after surgery, but whose husband and other family members didn't. Oh, Come, Lord Jesus, Come.
Michael Arnum (Massachusetts, USA) thank you for your message on accepting change. Change is constant. Sometimes it's good, sometimes not so good... but if we are in Christ, we will be alright.
Sarah of Berwyn, IL, you're welcomed, sweetie. I love you, sister.
 Jena of Columbus, OH, welcome back and prayers are lifted for love and peace in your life... and NOW begins the praising for how He will answer!
Raynard of Newark, DE, what a lovely thought letting Mary take Ella to the flower show... who knows how many such ventures Ella will be up for before age/health take it's toll. You're a good man, Charlie Brown... and thanks again for my morning laugh... if I ever see a old police car pull up my drive, I'll know before you get out it's you! LOL
Lydia of Cumming, GA, yes, 3 grandbabies in one year is a wonderful change... congratulations to you and your family... and thanks for the song.
Barb of Crown Point, IN, prayers for God to open up new doors of employment for you since allowing the one door to close. Who knows where God's plans will lead you and your husband... especially come May when he may loose his job also... keep trusting God to provide your needs...He promised He would.
Frank of Divot Landing, SC, thanks for the reminder of what the Eric needs were in Adam's prayer. So glad it brought you down into the Comment Room out of The Balcony. :-)
We are so blessed to know The God Who NEVER changes... He is the same yesterday, today and forever.
We are so very blessed to BE in relationship with The One Constant in our ever changing world and Who helps us cope with change, even relish in it.
We are so very blessed to see the positive changes in the lives of our UR Family because of prayer and God's power in their lives.
Cyber hugs ((( :-) ))) to all who enter our Cyber Chapel. You are loved with The LOVE that is so true as stated in today's verse, "Paul wrote, “I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Posted February 28, 2015 at 10:48AM CST
Comment by Mike of Seattle, WA

Michael thanks for your devotional. Change does seem to get tougher as I age. I realize that there are lots of changes coming and most of these involve some kind of loss. I have at last two new homes to go too: assisted living, nursing, adult family and finally the heavenly one. Yet in all these changes there is one who walks beside us like a Good Shepherd.

Posted February 28, 2015 at 10:49AM CST

Anita of Plymouth, MI, welcome to 'my neck of the woods' as Cincinnati is only about 2 hours away! Congratulations on the new job and the upcoming move. Safe travels.
Mary of Albuquerque, NM, Whoohoo for your 9" of snow... helping to alleviate the drought conditions. If I could I'd twitch my nose and send all the snow out of my driveway and yard to you! LOL

Posted February 28, 2015 at 11:01AM CST
Comment by Danny of Garnett, KS

I thought this devotional was written just for me, but after reading the comments, I realize it hit home with many of us . Like the author, when I was younger, I welcomed the challenges change brought. The older I get, the more I let circumstances overwhelm me. I know God is bigger than any problem I might face, yet I struggle with letting Him have control. I totally agree with the thought for the day, but I have a question. How does one increase their faith?

Posted February 28, 2015 at 11:15AM CST
Comment by Elias of La Palma, CA

Michael Arnum: Thank you for your devotional today. I think the reason some of us are reluctant to change is because of the EFFECTS of FAMILIARITY, and getting COMFORTABLE, which may give us a FEELING of having CONTROL over our CIRCUMSTANCES. Everything is Copacetic! Plus, we really don't have to use our FAITH when everything is going Great.
One of the things that we can always count on is that things will always change; we just hope that it will be for the better. The good thing is that we have God's promise that He will work it out for our Good! What I try to do with every change that occurs in my life is to MAKE THE MOST OF IT. This way I know that I'm doing my part to satisfy every circumstance for the better.

Posted February 28, 2015 at 11:56AM CST
Comment by emeka of lagos, AL

Thank you Micheal for this inspiration this morning. I am learning to embrace the changes that God is bring my path. Thank you UR family for your prayers. No evil can prevail when christians unite in prayer. Your prayer is winning victory for the Nigerian people oppressed by terror. The arm is currently expelling the Boko Haram terror group. People are returning back to the occupied territories. Glory to God.

Posted February 28, 2015 at 01:28PM CST