More from Sarah Lyons

by Upper Room Editorial on Saturday, March 11, 2017

The devotion I wrote about my daughter, Rebecca, tells only a small part of our family’s story. Rebecca is one of six children, and she is also the only girl in a set of triplets. She and her brothers are now two-and-a-half years old and are thriving, happy toddlers who are as active as they are loving.

We found out I was expecting triplets about halfway through my pregnancy, and we put our trust in God that I would be able to safely deliver them. When they were born six weeks early, we prayed for them to grow stronger. We kept praying during Rebecca’s open heart surgery and the following year as she battled respiratory infections, one after another. God was faithful and carried us through every step of the way.

- Sarah Lyons

Comment by Susan of Sammamish, WA

Praise God! What a cutie, I am glad to hear she is doing well.

Posted March 10, 2017 at 11:55PM CST
Comment by bob of princeton, NJ

May God continue to bless and strengthen you and your family .

Posted March 11, 2017 at 03:37AM CST
Comment by Tom of Canal Winchester, OH

What a joy Rebecca must be to you, Sarah. Each day as you look at her and realize the miracle of birth and of the hospital doctors and staff that brought her along at a delicate time must bring praise and thanksgiving to God. I join you in pray for her continued good health and full development into the one God is calling her to be. Many blessings to all your family.

Posted March 11, 2017 at 03:51AM CST
Comment by Cyn of Atlanta, GA

Every child is truly a gift from God. Rebecca is truly a reminder of that Prayers for you and your family as you continue your walk.

Posted March 11, 2017 at 04:31AM CST
Comment by Gwen of Chicago, IL

Thank you Sarah for such an inspiring devotional reading and testimony. May God continue to watch over and bless Rebecca and your entire family.

Posted March 11, 2017 at 04:44AM CST
Comment by Ozzie of Point Pleasant, WV

In the arms of Christ...Jesus Said:
Matthew 19:14-16King James Version (KJV)
14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
15 And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence.
Such is your wonderful, beautiful, daughter who has been touched by the hands of God.

Posted March 11, 2017 at 05:45AM CST

What a beautiful child she is the same age as Zeke my grandson. God is there for us always all ways. God is Love for All!!!

Posted March 11, 2017 at 05:45AM CST

Sarah, what a precious baby girl! I pray her life will be the glorious one she was put here to have! Love to you all!

Posted March 11, 2017 at 06:18AM CST
Comment by Barry of Victoria , TX

She is a precious baby, a living testimony, that shall proclaim the Works of God !!!

Posted March 11, 2017 at 06:30AM CST

Thanks be to God, Rebecca is so adorable.๐ŸŒป More blessings for your family,Sarah.๐Ÿ˜‡

Posted March 11, 2017 at 06:45AM CST
Comment by Ernest of Charlton, MA

Thanks for sharing the story of Rebecca and your family. Seeing her beautiful and smiling face has brightened my day already and I pray for her continued progress. God is Love indeed. Let's keep faith in Him. Amen!!

Posted March 11, 2017 at 07:35AM CST
Comment by Randal of Lena, IL

Thank-you Sarah for sharing your faith journey with Rebecca! What a beautiful little girl! My wife and I can relate to your family's journey as we are blessed to have triplet grandchildren (identical twin bows and a girl) from our son and daughter-in-law and a little girl from our daughter and son-in-law, all within 2 months of one another, they are all just over 2 years old now. We know and have experienced God's hand at work as the boy's had a condition known in laymen's terms as twin to twin syndrome while in the womb. A laser surgery corrected the problem that could of been fatal to all three. God has truly blessed our family with all these grand babies that are healthy and very active! May He continue to bless your family as well!

Posted March 11, 2017 at 07:37AM CST
Comment by Janet of Johnstown, PA

Rebecca is adorable, what a blessing!

Posted March 11, 2017 at 08:14AM CST
Comment by Karen of Jackson, MS

Thank you Sarah for sharing your story. Rebecca is so adorable. I am praying for you and your family. Be Blessed !๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ

Posted March 11, 2017 at 08:40AM CST
Comment by trish of christiansburg, VA

Sarah, Rebecca is adorable and so happy that she and her siblings are healthy and typical toddlers! My daughter had to have an emergency c-section at 24 weeks. My grandson, Matthew, came into this world weighing only 1 lb 8 oz and was given less than a 5% chance to live. The 5 months he spent in the NICU were a roller coaster of life and death situations but God was with little Matthew, the doctors and us. He came home on an NG tube, oxygen and a heart monitor. I was able to work from home for the next 5 years. This weekend we celebrate his 21st birthday! He has such a sweet spirit and God has blessed our family beyond words. May God continue to bless your family as he continues to bless mine with another grandchild coming in August from my youngest daughter!

Posted March 11, 2017 at 08:57AM CST
Comment by panzarona of jamaica, NY

SARAH , what a Beautiful little girl . May God continue to BLESS you and your Family .

Posted March 11, 2017 at 09:24AM CST
Comment by Brenda of Arnoldsville, GA

I'm amazed (and grateful!) Sarah that you found time in your very busy life (with six children and three under the age of 3!) to share these inspiring words with us! Thank you. And may God continue to bless you with quiet times of inspiration to share.

Posted March 11, 2017 at 09:36AM CST
Comment by Lea of Eden Prairie , MN

What a wonderful story of faith that inspires me. Thanks for sharing your situation and faith.โค๏ธโœ๏ธ

Posted March 11, 2017 at 10:10AM CST
Comment by Kelley

Seeing Rebecca's beautiful face and reading that she and her triplet siblings are doing so well brought happy tears to my eyes. May God continue to bless your family.

Posted March 11, 2017 at 10:30AM CST
Comment by Richard

Wow, 6! I thought we were busy with 2 :). Wonderful sweet photo of your precious Rebecca, Praise GOD! Richard, Marietta, GA

Posted March 11, 2017 at 10:37AM CST
Comment by Mary

What a cute little face. God bless her and bless all your family.
Mary Haskett Canada

Posted March 11, 2017 at 08:44PM CST
Comment by Mary of Albuquerque, NM

Wow! God really trusts you and your husband to raise 3 singles plus a set of triplets! It's amazing that you found time to write today's meditation, but those of us that read it are truly glad that you did. We hope to hear more from you in future issues.

Posted March 11, 2017 at 08:47PM CST
Comment by Jennifer of Oregon, OH

Praise God from whom all our blessings flow. Beautiful story!

Posted March 11, 2017 at 09:58PM CST