Looking for ways to sharpen your writing skills?
The Upper Room magazine editors speak at a variety of Christian writers' conferences each year. You are welcome to register for any of those conference to reap all the benefits of a Christian writers' conference—among which are classes on how to write for The Upper Room.
Maranatha Christian Writers Conference, September 28-30, 2017
Wordsowers Christian Writers Conference, April 27-28, 2018
Blue Lake Christian Writers Retreat, May 2-5, 2018
Blue Lake Campground, Andalusia, AL
Oregon Christian Writers Summer Conference, August 20–23, 2018
Inscribe Christian Writers Conference, September 22-23, 2018
Wetaskiwin (outside of Edmonton) Alberta, CANADA
See below for additional information about 2017 conferences featuring The Upper Room editors.
Maranatha Christian Writers’ Conference
September 28-30, 2017
Maranatha Bible & Missionary Conference
4759 Lake Harbor
Muskegon, MI 49441
If you can attend only one writers’ conference this year, why should the Maranatha Christian Writers’ Conference be the one?
This conference recognizes the rapidly changing nature of today’s publishing world, and equips you to prosper in it. This year’s theme, “Let’s Celebrate!” allows us to reflect on our 40 year history, see all the changes that have taken place, and be prepared for the newest trends in the publishing world.
- Gone are the days when you can simply search for a publishing house to partner with you and expect them to do everything except the writing itself. In today’s economy, publishers have neither the staff nor the budget to do as much for you. You’ll have to do more yourself—so you need to understand the process and be prepared to do the work. It’s Time to take action! You will meet many experts in the field of publishing, and have the opportunity to chat with them face-to-face as well as learning in a group setting.
- Our program is second to none, and offers a number of sessions you’ll experience nowhere else:
- Keynote speakers that will address felt needs and current events. Saundra Aldrich (founder of the conference 40 years ago) will inspire and instruct and will leave you with tangible tools to use as you move to the next level as a Christian writer.
- General Sessions and group activities that cover changing trends and new opportunities.
- One-on-one consultations with a wide variety of industry professionals, including, for an extra fee, a longer paid consultation in the area of Social Media.
- A opportunity for interaction with the experts with 1st Page Peer Critiquing.
- A choice of twenty-four one-hour workshops by industry professionals on a wide variety of subjects crucial to your success.
At this conference, The Upper Room associate editor Susan King will be teaching a two workshops, Turning Personal Experience into a Devotional (Parts 1 and 2) which will focus on the devotional market in general, as well as specialized writing for The Upper Room, the world’s premier daily devotional guide, and a crash course in the essential elements of excellent style for any genre. Participants will leave with concrete tools for producing polished works that dazzle both readers and editors.
Registration is open, and if you register as an early bird before June 1, there is a $50 savings.
For more information about this fall conference, visit: www.maranathachristianwriters.com
Also, stop by the MCWC Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/maranathawriter/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MaranathaWriter
Bonnie Emmorey, Conference Director
Direct questions to: Bonnie@MaranathaChristianWriters.com