GOD’S TIMING

Wednesday, July 26th, 2017

Read Philippians 4:4-9

View the July-August, 2017 Issue

Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

- John 14:27 (NIV)

Throughout the Gospels Jesus tells his followers not to fear. Yet when I look at the notes I’ve written in the margins of my Bible, I find many concerns and worries. I pray about them, and in my anxiety I want God to answer right away. However, some of these concerns are ones I have prayed about for several years seemingly without any answers. Only later, when I look back, can I see God’s hand in these situations. God heard my pleas but the answers were often different, even better, than what I expected.

During times when I doubted that my prayers were being heard, God helped me to learn patience, understanding, and empathy for others. God gives us all time to grow and to become stronger. In the process we learn never to give up. Now when I am tempted to worry, I try to give my troubles to God completely and not expect quick and easy answers.

Worry robs us of joy and peace; but Jesus says, “Do not let your hearts be troubled.” If we truly trust God’s loving provision in our life, we can rely on God to respond to our call — in God’s time. All the while our hearts can rest in that knowledge and find God’s peace.

Read more from the author, here.

Phyllis Stone Church (Kentucky, USA)

God’s timing is always perfect.

Heavenly Father, calm our anxious hearts. Comfort us in our distress, and help us trust you more fully. Amen.

Prayer focusTO LET GO OF WORRIES AND FEARS

'My faith is in the Lord, my savior and redeemer. We mustn't let fear or worry shadow that faith.' are the last two sentences from your 'more from the author' that say it all. Our God is bigger, better, more understanding and knows what our need is before we do. Our solution to all life can hand us is in those two sentences. Psalm 37 is one of my favorites to turn to in times of concern. You can't read it without knowing God is bigger than all problems and worries and He will vanish them all.

Posted July 25, 2017 at 08:08AM CDT
Comment by raynard of newark, DE

Good Morning U.R Family. Thank you, Phyllis, for your devotional.Sidenote. Thank you to everyone who" commented on a soapbox yesterday as" no one skinned their knees".. I digress. I thought this month was going to be my month of" much to worry about everything".. Jesus never told his disciples to" run down to the corner drugstore and buy some hair dye to" touch up his gray areas" I digress. Took wife back to the pharmacy and got a refund off her prescription from last week.Used it to take her out and buy pizza for dinner. She gets her stitches out today I think... Asking for prayer for someone at work. Today was the first time I have seen them in two weeks. They informed me that their wife passed away from kidney failure. Also for the person who fell in the creek next to my job during this last storm and they have not been found... Prayers going out to each and every spoken and unspoken prayer request. Be blessed and encouraged everyone and have a great day..

Posted July 25, 2017 at 07:13PM CDT

Good morning, everyone! Thank you, Phyllis, for your devotional this morning. Right now I have many worries and fears, my health concerns, health concerns for my son Albert, our desperate financial state, etc. These Scripture passages, both from Philippians and also from John’s Gospel, have been a great source of comfort to me over the years. Right now I am clinging to them like a person does to a life preserver. They are a life preserver to me.
THELMA of Albany, NY - I am praying for your daughter, as she has been diagnosed with some issue. I pray that the Lord will give her doctors wisdom to know the problem and the best treatment for her. I am praying that the Lord will bring her full and complete healing. I pray, too, that He will give you strength for all the needs and problems you have. * RICHARD of Marietta, GA - I am praying for Pastor Amos Shah of India’s son, Asher, as he was in a motorcycle accident. I pray that he was not seriously hurt, and that the Lord will bring him full, complete healing from all injuries he did sustain. I pray that he will make a full recovery, and is out of the hospital real soon.
KAY of Union, MO - Welcome to the UR family and so glad you joined us late Monday evening. Thank you for your prayers for myself, Thelma, and for Kathy, along with for everyone else, as well. Please feel free to join us again as you may feel led. * RAYNARD of Newark, DE - I am praying for your wife, Mary, as she goes back to the doctor. I pray that he will give her a good report, and that her recovery is coming along nicely. I pray that she will do well with the physical therapy, and that soon she will be using her arm with no problems or any pain. I am also praying for your co-worker, whose wife recently died of kidney failure. I pray that the Lord will bring him peace and comfort. I praying for the family of the person who fell in the creek during the last storm, and they have not found him or his body. I pray that the Lord will uphold them during this time, bringing them strength, comfort and peace.
JK - I am continuing in prayer for your sister as she fell and hurt her back pretty bad. I pray that the Lord will give you safety in travel as you go there to help her. I pray, too, that He will give you strength and wisdom, as well. I am praying that the Lord will bring your sister full healing, and that there is nothing seriously wrong with her back. I pray that He will give her relief from all pain. * KATHY of Canal Winchester, OH - I am lifting in prayer your son, Don, new daughter-in-law, and son, Corey, in prayer. I pray that the Lord will draw each of them closer to Him, and also provide for all of the needs in their life right now. I am also praying for your ex-husband and the health issues he has right now. I pray for his healing, as well. I am continuing to keep you in prayer, that the Lord will lead you to a new and better paying job, and that He will meet your financial needs in the meantime.
LYNNE of Havre de Grace, MD - I am praying for your brother-in-law, David, that the Lord will continue to keep him cancer free, now after a year. I pray, too that He will bring him full and complete recovery, including a restoration of his body to produce saliva, and restoration of all damage done to his teeth by the radiation. I pray that the Holy Spirit will lift the depression that is setting in, and replace it with His peace and joy. * MARILYN of Yukon, OK - I pray that everything went well yesterday when your husband went to the surgeon to place a new transmitter in his hip to relieve his pain. I pray that this procedure went well, and that this will work well in bringing him pain relief so that he won’t need much medicine.
KAREN of Jackson, MS - I am praying for you and your family as you vacation in Florida. I pray that you will be able to get the needed rest and relaxation you need, and that your mother and grandchildren are doing well, and not requiring a lot of supervision or care. * JANET of Johnstown, PA - I am praying for your annual ALS walk this Saturday. I pray that there will be a good turnout, and that a lot of needed money will be raised. I am also praying that the Lord will bless you with good weather for Saturday.
SHEILA of Bryantsville, KY - I am praying for you, that everything will work out so that you can leave your care of Daddy Paul for a while to go visit with your step-daughter, Elizabeth, and her family. I am praying for him, as he continues to grieve the death of his wife, Blanche. I pray that the Lord brings him much comfort, and also provides for the health needs he has, especially as he approaches his 91st birthday. I am also keeping your daughter, Tammy, in prayer as she goes through therapy/counseling for issues she is dealing with. I pray that the Lord will use this counseling to help bring her full healing and recovery. * EDD of Ocala, FL - I am praying regarding the problem regarding one of your wife, Patti’s medical bills which was coded incorrectly, and you have a $140 medical bill to pay. I pray that this will get correctly resolved, and the cost picked up by Medicare.
I want to thank you all so much for your prayers for me. I spent a good part of Tuesday in the ER at the hospital here in Berwyn. They ran all sorts of tests - heart tests, kidneys, liver, thyroid, etc. All of those tests came back fine, for which I am grateful. Just like with my family doctor, though, they were not able to determine what is causing this terrible swelling. So they sent me home, saying I will need to just go see the vascular specialist. Again, thank you for your prayers for this.
Here is the link to my blog site for any who are interested. It is at

Posted July 25, 2017 at 09:51PM CDT

Thank you Phyllis for this most astute observation and reminder that worry gets us nowhere and yet I continue. God's timing indeed! You are from KY where my daughter lives and is in the "throes" of moving. I have not heard from her today and I pray it is because she is so busy with work and relocating as I was traveling to VA. I made it about half way today. I made that car rental reservation and while I was working out my sister sent a text saying I should definitely try to come and find a flight, but the cost seemed prohibitive and "cramps my style" in the packing mode! haha. Thank you all for the travel mercies. I will continue the rest of the way early on Wednesday. Sis has a doc appointment in the a.m. with her PCP, so that is good. She is still not resting well and moving all that well, but somewhat better and that, too, is a good thing.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow~~~~

Posted July 25, 2017 at 09:53PM CDT

Thank you Sarah! Praying for you and your sweet family too.

Posted July 25, 2017 at 09:54PM CDT

Good morning UR family and thank you Phyllis for the kind reminder from the bible reading. Yes indeed worrying takes us no where, yet it is so easy to indulge in it. God help us. Thank you Sarah for your prayers and praying for you and all on your list. I am praying especially that the cause of your swollen foot will be revealed. Hi Cherie, I did see the doctor on Monday, he ordered an X-Ray and gave me a call on Tuesday with the result. I have a fracture, "don't worry, he said, it is a small fracture". I now have an appointment to see the podiatrist on thursday, God willing. Mr. Joe, you remind me of a song that rings in my mind all the time "bigger than my problems, bigger than all my fears, God is bigger than any mountain that I can or cannot see". A very blessed and lovely day everyone.😇😇😇🎆🌼🌻🌸😊

Posted July 25, 2017 at 11:01PM CDT

Good morning everyone. Thank you Phyllis for today's devotional and more from the author on trusting God and handing over our worries bug and small.
Sometimes I would like to be different. I am the type of person who continually worries usually not about major things but everything. I like to organise everything I can before going on holiday, then I read something about one of the hotels I will be going to for a few days and start to worry that it does not live up to my expectation of at a least clean and comfortable place or I worry that we will miss the plane or have other problems, it is true as Phyllis wrote worrying robs us of happiness and joy.
Why some people do this as second nature while others such as my husband expect things will be fine usually because I get stuck with organising the details and packing etc. He is too busy with work this was even the case when I was working at the same level before retiring. Why are women always expected to do miracles.
Sorry I digress what I wanted to say is praying and leaving worries before the Lord also applies to the smaller things in life as well as the greater, this is difficult to comprehend as we don't want to bother anyone never mind God with trivia.
******
Sarah of Berwyn I am praying for you and your family may God bless you with a good vascular specialist and resolve your family's problems with health and financial difficulties.
Thank you to all of the contributors this morning for their prayers and comments.
On Friday 28th July, I will be going to Scotland for about 3 weeks to visit my family in and around Glasgow and then have a holiday in Orkney. I may not be able to comment regularly if at all as only my husband will have his computer, we are flying this year and baggage is limited.
Georgine, Arqua Petrarca, Italy

Posted July 26, 2017 at 01:37AM CDT
Comment by Sharon J. of North Las Vegas, NV

CeCe Winans- He's Concerned

Posted July 26, 2017 at 02:56AM CDT
Comment by dave of Manassas, VA

Good morning UR family. Please pray for our cat. She is having kidney problems. God is certainly answering prayers! I am praying for Jim's wife who is having some medical problems. Lots going on here while Sharon is back home for the next two weeks. Praying for all here, that we may appreciate what God has been doing.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 03:45AM CDT

Phyllis, thank you for the reading, perfect timing as my wife was awake at 3:30 this morning and was worrying about her sister Annette coming this weekend because last time she was here she saw a Palmetto bug and was freaked out and spent the night at our son's house. We get them occasionally and I talked to my pest control expert and he said they are the good bug in the cockroach family, if there is such a thing lol. We are both collectors as I call it, sounds better than hoarders, so she feels very judged. She has also gained back some of the weight she lost so is really judging herself and being hard on herself. Please keep her in your prayers so she is able to enjoy the time with her sister as we don't know how long she will be around with the Multiple Myeloma cancer. Praises for all needs met, and prayers for all needs spoken or unspoken. Have a blessed day!

Posted July 26, 2017 at 03:52AM CDT

Good morning UR family and Phyllis thank you for the message. I do admit I am a worrier. Since the death of my parents I tend to worry more about my health. I know that I need to leave it up to the Lord.
Georgina praying for you and your husband as u travel to Scotland. I am in Ireland right now, we are flying back to the USA tomorrow. Europe is such a beautiful area of the world.
Sarah I am praying for you that the specialist will find out the cause of your swollen legs and feet. Keeping Albert and Lucy in my prayers.
Raynard praying for Mary as she recovers from her shoulder surgery.
Kathy keeping u and your family in my prayer.
Praying for all of the needs and thank u all who are praying for our health and safety as we travel. We got home tomorrow. Thank u all who r praying for my heartburn to go away.
Praying for all on the list spoken or not.
Have a great day UR family!

Posted July 26, 2017 at 04:19AM CDT
Comment by Ronnie of Virgil, NY

Good morning wonderful family. Would you all kindly pray for a friend of mine. Her husband was just diagnosed with some form of cancer of the blood. May we all call those things that are not as though they are Romans 4:17. May we call him healed together as a family? May we also have peace as we wait and watch for answers to our prayers. Love,Ronnie

Posted July 26, 2017 at 04:57AM CDT
Comment by Sabrina of Sandersville, GA

"Heavenly Father, calm our anxious hearts"......Thank you, Phyllis, for these comforting words of prayer this morning.....your entire devotional has beenEXACTLY what I needed at this moment in my life. God has spoken to me through you.....thank you for allowing Him to. ❤️✝️
Continued prayers for all in this room...spoken and unspoken requests. Love to all❤️✝️❤️✝️❤️

Posted July 26, 2017 at 05:31AM CDT
Comment by Elizabeth of Belmont, NC

Good morning UR family! Thank you Phyllis for your touching words. "Not to expect quick and easy answers" is something I struggle with. SARAH-praying for you each day.
I would humbly ask for prayers for my parents, as my dad had a fall, but is ok.
 Also, my sweet spaniel Lucy is having knee surgery this morning. I pray this is the right course of action.
Thank you Lord for your love and the peace of Christ. Amen.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 05:35AM CDT
Comment by Fernando

Good Morning Upper Room Family! Thanks Phyllis for Your Devotional. Because of rush of our lives we forgot to trust our worries to the Lord. Thanks for remember us that God is always seeing as and listen to our concerns and worries. We only need to follow Jesus words: "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

Posted July 26, 2017 at 05:35AM CDT
Comment by Victoria of San Antonio , TX

Thank you, Phyllis! I worry all the time and feel guilty about it since I know I'm not supposed to.
I am praying for you, Sarah, that the next doctor you see will find the problem that's causing you to have swollen feet, and the perfect treatment for it.
I'm also praying for a lovely vacation for you, Georgine, and for your cat, Dave. For your parents and your dog, Elizabeth, for Lucy and Albert also.
I hope Cherie, Rachel, and all our UR attendees are doing well and have a great day!

Posted July 26, 2017 at 05:48AM CDT

Good morning UR family! Thank you Phyllis for the devotional on not fearing and worrying over our problems. Sometimes easier said than done. This is exactly what has been on my mind this week as I sleep upright. Jesus has taken my burdens and I need to TRUST! Thank you for the scripture and message. Love to you, sister!
Sarah, I am glad you went to the ER but I wished they had found the problem. I always think of you and your struggles and pray. Praying for Albert and Lucy too! Love to you all, dear sister!
Julie, praying travel mercies for you and the family! Come back to us renewed and with lots of beautiful memories of Europe! Would love to walk those roads one day! Love to you, sister!
Georgine, I will pray for your safety as you travel to Scotland and the Orkney Islands Friday! I know you will have lots of fun and happiness seeing your homeland and visiting with your people! I pray it will be so! Love to you, sister!
George, praying for Bethanne and Annette as she comes for a visit. Annette would be really upset to visit Florida because those big Palmetto bugs are our state bird!! Haha! I used to be queasy about lizards and bugs but have adapted to being a true Floridian and letting it go! Love to you brother! Love to the ladies too!
Fernando, welcome, brother to our chapel. I pray you come often. Love to you!
Sabrina, praying for your sons gastrointestinal problems to be healed and he can run and play and enjoy being a little boy again! Love to you, sister!
Ronnie, praying for your dad and mom. Love to you, sister!
Yulia, enjoyed your comments on the Soul and the Spirit! I keep you and Jesse in my thoughts and prayers throughout the day. Love to you, sister!
Everyone have a beautiful day! Love and Light!

Posted July 26, 2017 at 06:03AM CDT
Comment by Kathy of Canal Winchester, OH

Good morning UR family, Phyllis, thank you for your devotional today. I worry. I know I need to trust God but I worry. I had a mini meltdown at work yesterday. Between my financial situation and my ex DIL....I am having panic attacks. Please pray for my ex DIL. Her alcohol intake is really affecting her in a negative way. I worry about the boys when she has them. Raynard, I am praying or Mary. Sarah, I am so glad you went to the ER yesterday. At least some things were ruled out. I continue to pray for your health and for Albert. Elizabeth, I am praying for Lucy and for your Dad. Joe, great opener. Missing Jena and Rachel.

Love and prayers to all. I am running late. I work both jobs today.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 06:07AM CDT
Comment by James of Fayetteville, GA

Thank you Phyllis for this most timely devotional. God always knows what we need and when we need it. He simply asks that we acknowledge Him and trust that He has it all under control. I ask that all of my Upper Room family pray for Earle and his family this morning as he undergoes serious heart surgery. Join with me in praying the prayer at the end of today's devotional for all of them. I thank God for you. The prayers of the righteous availeth much. Only trust and believe. Touch and agree. Praise God.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 06:13AM CDT

James, I am praying for Earle as he undergoes heart surgery. Lord, please hold him in Your loving arms and heal his heart. I pray all the surgical team will be surrounded with healing power. Love to you, brother!
Kathy, thinking of you as you have to work 2 jobs and still can't get above water! Keeping your ex DIL in my prayers for help with her drinking. I pray for those little grandsons because I know how that affects them. There is a lot of shame. Praying for Corey as he has moved. I pray he will be calm and be able to keep a good job. Kisses to the furry family! Love to you, sweet sister!

Posted July 26, 2017 at 06:24AM CDT
Comment by Bonnie of Wilmington, DE

Sarah, I'm sorry they didn't find anything about the source of swelling at the ER. I'm glad that you got checked out though. Praying for an appointment with the vascular surgeon comes open sooner!

Posted July 26, 2017 at 06:30AM CDT
Comment by Louise

Good morning UR family!
Thank you Phyllis for today's devotional. Worry. I am trying to give my worries to the Lord but it is very hard right now. I knew my oldest son drank a lot but we just came back from vacationing to visit him and the situation is so much worse than I thought. I have been sick with worry since. I don't even know what, if anything, I can do besides give this worry to the Lord but it is breaking my heart to see him like this. I think his girlfriend is also a heavy drinker and not helping the situation. My son has passed the heavy drinker stage and reached the alcoholic stage. I am heartbroken and so incredibly worried and sick over this. Turning to my UR family to ask for prayers for this situation.
Praying for all needs brought here today, those spoken and those unspoken.
Praises for all needs met and blessings received. Thank you Lord!!
Have a blessed day everyone!

Posted July 26, 2017 at 06:48AM CDT
Comment by Ann of Columbia, SC

Philippians 4:8 is one of my favorite verses. Instructions to think about what is good and true etc.. especially now when we are surrounded by so much negative noise .

*SARAH- continued prayers for you and yours. Suggest you have the results of the many medical tests sent to the specialist. Then he/she won't have to re-do them. You are very gracious to listen to all of us tending your business.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 06:52AM CDT
Comment by Paulette of Miami, OK

Phyllis, your prayer focus is what I needed this morning, and especially 'more from the author'. Thank you.

Yulia, I appreciate your post yesterday so very much! Thank you for enlightening me with your explanation of the soul and spirit and body, and for the scriptures to further explain.

Raynard, prayers for your co-worker that lost his wife, and for the family of the person that fell in the creek and hasn't been found. Prayers that Mary's arm continues to heal properly.

Sweet Sarah, echoing your prayer list for our UR family. It's a relief you went to the ER and that all checked out well. Now for the vascular specialist to find the cause so a solution is found to stop the swelling.

Georgine, prayers for safe travel. Will miss your posts, but hope you have a very enjoyable time.

JK, prayers for your sister, and safe travels for you.

Dave, prayers your cat gets better.

Sharon, thank you for sharing the link to such a beautiful song, God does care, doesn't He?

George, prayers for your wife and sister-in-law, for hope and peace.

Ronnie, praying for your friend whose husband was diagnosed with some sort of cancer, for hope and healing.

Elizabeth, prayers for your parents, and that your dog's knee surgery goes well.

Sabrina, praying for your son, that his gastrointestinal problem will heal, and he can be an active young boy.
Cherie, thank you for your ray of sunshine today! Love you, sweet sister!!

Kathy, prayers for your ex-daughter-in-law, that she will follow the Lord instead of alcohol. Continued prayers for your financial situation to ease up and get better fast!

James, praying for Earle's heart surgery to go smoothly, and that the result is very healthy for him. Echoing your prayer.

Louise, prayers for your son and his girlfriend, that they will get help to overcome the alcohol addiction. Prayers for you, that our Lord gives you peace of mind knowing your son and his girlfriend are in His hands.

Love to all here, and God bless all here today!

Posted July 26, 2017 at 07:06AM CDT

Louise, adding my prayers for you son. How frightening. Also praying for you as you deal with the situation. Sometimes people have to bottom out before they see that they have a problem. He can get better. Keep praying.
Sarah, we have been praying for you for so long. What a strong loving woman you are. In the midst of all you strife, you just seem to get stronger. Amazing. Know you are loved.
Praying for all the requests above. Many of our "regulars" are struggling. Lord, hear our prayers.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 07:09AM CDT
Comment by Matt

Phyllis Stone Church, I can relate to, ", I try to give my troubles to God ......." (second paragraph). I try to remember not to forget that The Father is trustworthy. Also love the prayer.
Prayers & Blessings all UR family (you know our God is an awesome God)

Posted July 26, 2017 at 07:12AM CDT

Good morning, my friends. Phyllis, we welcome you to the UR family and thank you for your devotional contribution and additional comments. Trust in the Lord, He will carry you through both the good and the not-so-good times in your life. Never forget that he loves you. Sarah, I continue to pray for you and your children. As for the swelling that you are experiencing, a vascular specialist can probably explain what the cause is and the best treatment for it. The Lord will provide the healing touch. Raynard, glad to hear that Mary is doing better. I am praying for her. I am also praying for the man who was caught in the flooding and also for his family. I pray that all of our needs are met and praise the Lord for meeting those needs. Everyone have a great day in the Lord.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 07:17AM CDT
Comment by Donna of San Marcos, TX

Good morning dear UR family! Thank you, Phyllis, as you have brought my favorite scripture to us today. And, I also read Psalm 37 as was suggested by JOE. As so many here do, I look to scripture for answers and comfort. Here it is. Here is the answer to worry and that brings comfort. The problem is our habit of thinking, and not making it a priority to change it. Of this I am as guilty as anyone.***Georgine, I hear you about being the one who takes care of the details. My husband is a lovely example of the "laid back" person. When his mind was still healthy, he not only could take care of details, but not worry a smidgen about them. Now that I am taking care of all the details, there is worry and the exhaustion that comes with it. ***I am praying for Ronnie's friend's husband, the Lord knows who he is, and the blood disorder her has. Lord, we just claim healing for him now. That a treatment will be found to remove this illness from him.***And I am praying for all those who are experiencing health problems. They can be such an interruption of life.***I am off to work. Blessings!

Posted July 26, 2017 at 07:26AM CDT
Comment by Mike of Independence, KY

Good Morning all.... well the move to Independence, KY is mostly complete and all went as well as a move can go :-). I have been reading and praying for all and praises for answered prayers. Sarah I know that God has you and his timing is perfect. We are so blessed by our loving God.
May we all find time to commune with Him today.
Have a wonderful day and take care of each other.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 07:38AM CDT
Comment by Marsha of Bangs, TX

Praise God for a new day!
Let go and let GOD! He has plans for us, plans to prosper us and not to harm us.
Thank you for your prayers URF! I praise God for this chapel. Thank you UR Staff for your diligence!
I am praying for each of you.
Dear LOUISE, I was married to an alcoholic for over 16 years, I received much support from Alanon, the AA group for family and friends of alcoholics. I hope this helps!
Have a blessed day secure in the Love of Jesus Christ.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 07:40AM CDT
Comment by Barb

Phyllis, your devotional is right on time for me. Thank you for reminding me to trust our Lord and to know where our hope comes from.

I echo Paulette's prayers.

Patricia's comments in mfta / if you want to pray, don't worry and if you want to worry, don't pray struck a chord with me.

Sarah, so glad you went to the ER. I pray you will get an answer to your swelling feet soon and that an earlier appointment will open up. Someone said to make sure your new doctor receives your previous test results. I know I had to initiate the transfer of records from the hospital to the doctor for my son. It doesn't always happen automatically.

Blessings to all!

Posted July 26, 2017 at 08:01AM CDT
Comment by Leah

Phyllis, thank you for the comforting devotional full of hope that I needed to read today. I am praying for all of you (us) that we find our hope, peace and comfort in God Our Father! Please continue praying for the Camp family, the Boyer family, Gentile family and another family friend. I also ask for prayers for God's Wisdom, Guidance and Direction in my life and for my family. I am praying for all prayer requests both spoken requests and all requests kept in the heart. I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday and a blessed day and rest of the week. Thank you, UR Family and THANK YOU, God for always being here! Praising Our Mighty God for all answered prayers and blessings that happen in His Timing! Love to all!

Posted July 26, 2017 at 08:01AM CDT
Comment by Vaj of Winona, MS

Today's scripture is among my favorites! It is so easy to pray for others and offer them advice when they are facing issues, however, when it becomes personal and they are my issues following my own advice and suggestions becomes a task. Presently I am dealing with several issues, health and PT are among them. My advice to others would be "stay focus and pray for acceptance of God's will and Grace", good advice but difficult to practice presently. Please lift me in prayer. Also I asked for pray for Tela and HMUMC in the past. Please place them on you prayer list again. Tela is having surgery this a m to replace what was done in heart surgery 3 years ago. My prayer is for the many who have unanswered requests and thanksgiving for praise reports. Peace and blessings UR family. TGWSIA!

Posted July 26, 2017 at 08:02AM CDT
Comment by Avon of Madison, TN

Phyllis: Thank you for these inspiring words. I am currently in another transition and your words and the selected scriptures are much needed reminders that God has it all under control. I am personally trying to force myself to "rest" in God's promises when I become anxious. Sometimes that's easier said than done. Be blessed!

Posted July 26, 2017 at 08:05AM CDT
Comment by Teresa of Brigham City, UT

We live in a small town in northern Utah. There are very few Christian churches here. I often struggle wondering why God doesn't seem to open the door for us to relocate like we want to do. This has caused me alot of anxiety over the years. It's very difficult living in an area with few Christians. And who would have thought we'd find that right here in the USA?!
I still struggle sometimes with living here and pray God will give me his peace until he opens the door for us to move out of the area. Thanks for the good reminder that God is faithful and has given me his peace.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 08:15AM CDT

Sarah, praying you have the right physician for your swelling feet. May the Lord not only guide you in your search but His healing touch be on your feet.
Patricia, great thought in that song, God is greater than all our problems and fears. That is what our message today is saying.
Georgine, you and your husband are indictative of most folks, one content as a gopher in soft dirt or one that worries there will be no dirt to dig into. Remember that silly cartoon saying of several years ago - 'What me worry?'. God made us all unique so that must include our worry quotient.
George, really, 'the good bug in the cockroach family'? Our 'Oh, a bug' folks won't buy that. Praying for you and yours.
Yes, Julie, 'I need to leave it up to the Lord.'. Those are the marching orders for all of us that call Him Lord and Savior.
cherie, 'Sometimes easier said than done.', is so true.
Thank you, Kathy, you are so gracious. In the name of Jesus I come against those 'panic attacks'. You are a beloved and cared about child of our loving God.
Paulette, you are right, Yulie does such a good job of discerning scripture. And lots of others on this cyber chapel.
Donna, we do know where to find 'answers and comfort', don't we? The Lord's word was relevant yesterday, is today and will always be.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 08:18AM CDT
Comment by Gerald of Carlisle, PA

Phyllis, Your devotional today is a great reminder for us not to worry, it steals the quality time in our lives. It robs each of us some percent of our happiness. Wishing for everyone a blessed Wednesday. Amen.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 08:28AM CDT
Comment by Mike of Seattle, WA

Phyllis thanks for your devotional. Some people are prone to worry. My mother who was an artist worried a lot. Me not so much, but creative types with active imaginations can conjur up all kinds of calamities, catastrophies and conundrums. Worry is not a sin- just a sign of a creative mind. And the Lord loves creative minds. 38

Posted July 26, 2017 at 08:32AM CDT

Blessings In The Name Of Yeshua! Another beautiful, partly cloudy day to rejoice and be glad in. Daddy Paul needs to get a prescription filled this morning for a tooth that broke off on Sunday evening. He'll go back to the dentist sometime to get it capped. Anyway, I need to get on the ball so I can get ready to take him to town.... (Lancaster).
Phyllis Stone Church (Kentucky, USA), thank you for the scripture and devotional for today. It does make life so much simpler when we learn to finally put our complete trust in our Heavenly Father and give our worries to Him.
We are so blessed already, just BEING IN relationship with The Triune God.
We are so blessed already, having scripture to help us grow in that relationship.
We are so blessed to know we can look back and see how far we have grown and how God has answered prayers.
Cyber hugs {{{ :-) }}} to all who enter here. We are all loved so completely and without abandon by The One Who Created each one of us to be unique. I love how He loves us so well.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 08:49AM CDT
Comment by Rob of Warner Robins, GA

In today's world of "I want it now", it is hard to see what God has done for us. We do need to step back and see what He has done for us. When we take the "30,000-foot view" we begin to see that God has done so much for us, if we let Him. Prayers for all of the needs of the UR family today. Grace and peace to all of God's children today.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 08:58AM CDT
Comment by Ross of Beloit , WI

Phyllis my Bible has the same markings and right now am going through a potentially life changing decision. I daily try to put my trust in God and look back over the dates and remember the times when our finances were low or family troubles seem to be overwhelming and remember God's work in our lives. Thank you for your words of comfort. The timing of them was meant for me to see.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 09:03AM CDT

Father God thank You for taking our hand and leading us through the storms of life. Calm our fears and ease our anxieties. Give us the assurance that You and You alone have everything under control. Like Peter when we take our eyes off of you, we start to sink, but when we concentrate on you we can walk on water. Be with each need lifted here ... friends and family with cancer, with alcohol and drug problems, with pain of all types. Bring your healing to each. Lord we pray for our Senators this day as they consider healthcare. We place their decisions in your hands . Speak to their hearts. We pray for our country and our world. Bring peace to our world. Pour out your grace and healing. Give our President wisdom and compassion. Strengthen Your church. Be Thou our vision. IJN Amen.

And from 1970 Put You Hand in the Hand

Posted July 26, 2017 at 09:17AM CDT
Comment by Rene of Moreno Valley, CA

Good morning Teresa of Utah!
When we moved to the town we now live on, my family made the round of churches looking for our new home. One of the churches had a sign at the end of its driveway; it said: "You are now entering the mission field." I'm sure most of us don't feel equipped to be missionaries; yet missionaries we are and we never know when the seeds we plant will bloom. I can attest that the seeds planted when my neighborhood playmate's mom invited me to VBS didn't fully bloom for decades. Your presence in a seemingly non-Christian town can serve a dual purpose: supporting other Christians and showing the love of Jesus to those who don't know him. Be encouraged!

Posted July 26, 2017 at 09:34AM CDT
Comment by Rene of Moreno Valley, CA

And now, I would like to ask for prayer. My husband has been working in the same profession throughout our 33year marriage. He has survived many layoffs a buyouts over the years; but after his company announced that it had met all of it's goals and there was a possibility of raises, some executive left a memo announcing buyouts on the copier where it was found and disseminated. I was scared and worried for about 10 minutes because 1) I'm new & insecure in my profession; and 2) I had (selfish) plans for the extra income. Even though I'm over it now, the damage was done. My husband should accept the buyout if it's offered; but that's a month away, there's no guarantee he'll be offered one, and I was not a calming, supportive presence when he was telling me about it. It is such a small thing compared to the many problems in the world but it is going to prey on our minds for the next few weeks. Please keep us in prayer. Thank you all!

Posted July 26, 2017 at 09:57AM CDT
Comment by beth of saucier, MS

Phyllis, thank you for today's message. Learning not to worry and lean fully on God this year was my New Year's resolution. Seeking the joy in each day amid all of the craziness of life can be hard. Today many in our family spoke of needing prayer for their children. Nothing worries a parent more than when their children are hurting. The scripture today was a wonderful reminder to leave your worries with God and trust in him.
Today I will pray for all of the children mentioned and ask God to meet their needs.
Kathy and Sarah, praying for your financial issues.
May we all find joy today as we leave our worries with God.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 10:14AM CDT
Comment by Bruce M. of Diagonal, IA

I appreciate this devotion very much. For me much of God's response to my prayers is not just between God and me. Be it a pastor's pastor, my wife or others part of God's response comes through my prayerfully sharing with others. When I keep it to myself, the burden is often carried longer.
Pastor Bruce

Posted July 26, 2017 at 10:58AM CDT
Comment by guada

Thank you for reminder Phyllis. I needed the reminder to not be afraid. Got a 911 text on Friday that I needed to meet my sister in the hospital where she had to rush my 53 year old brother. Saturday, I had to call emergency services because my 20 year-old wanted to kill herself. As of today, we are still waiting to see if he needs a heart transplant while still trying to convince my daughter to get help. JOE, I will write your statement "God is bigger than all problems and worries and He will vanish them all."
Sarah, it's been a little crazy, but I will talk to my soon and see if he can make you one of those shoes in your size. I pray for you all even when you don't see me. Be blessed...Guada

Posted July 26, 2017 at 11:09AM CDT
Comment by Bette of Westfield, IL

Thanks Phyllis for the devotion.
SARAH, you are in such a difficult situation. May the Lord bring healing and comfort to you and your family. Prayers for you and your family.
Things here are about the same. Ron is still unable to rise from a chair or couch without assistance most of the time. I feel I'm on call 24/7. Very tiring for both of us. Getting lift chair today which will help. May the Lord bless each one.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 11:24AM CDT
Comment by Elias of La Palma, CA

Phyllis Stone Church: Thank you for your devotional today. Here’s a thought that might help you when you are TRYING to GIVE your troubles to God. Jesus tells us, “Do not let your hearts be troubled.” The word that is crucial here is ‘LET’. This tells us that it is OUR responsibility to NOT let it happen. If we try to GIVE our troubles to God, then we are, in effect, saying, “God, you deal with them.”, but the responsibility is OURS. God will EMPOWER US to deal with our problems, and He will WORK things out for our GOOD. BUT, God will NOT LIVE our lives for us! God Does NOT want us to shift our responsibility to Him.
In essence, God is saying to us, “Take the bull by the horns, and deal with it. As you continue to TRUST ME, I will work out the miracles that are necessary in your life.”
When God says “NO”, as in the case of when someone has died, then that’s when WE should THANK God and PRAISE Him for His decision! It is our way of saying to God that His DECISION was the best even though we don’t understand it. It is our FAITH in ACTION.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 12:02PM CDT
Comment by Terry of Dublin, OH

Thanks Phyliss for your message and reminding us to better trust Go, especially in our times of troubles and worries. There are many gems in your message and scriptures. Better trusting God and having th faith to know he WILL NEVER LET US DOWN. The other gem is we are all flawed and are impacted by earthly burdens as mentioned in many of the above messages. So many talked about be big worriers or allowing worries in their lives to impact at times. I feel worry and other earthly burdens (doubt, fear, uncertainty, etc.) are just being human. If we can use them in a positive way by to strengthen our relationship with God, then they can be viewed as being a positive influence in our lives. It is only when we allow them to bury us or we try to settle them on our own without God’s help that they become a negative influence. I pray for all those who are in a position where their earthly burdens are forcing them further away from God for added strength and faith/patience to allow God to help them. I also pray for all in need this day as requested by prayer

Posted July 26, 2017 at 01:13PM CDT
Comment by Karen of Jackson, MS

Good afternoon UR family. Thank you Phyllis for the devotional and more. As one petso cpmmented if your going to pray don't worry and if your going to worry don't pray. That's my mantra. Still don't have my phone.
One is supposed to come today. Will not let it kill the joy of my vacation. Having a wonderful time with my family. I try not to worry because I know who is in charge of my life. Prayers to all the needs spoken and unspoken. Be Blessed!

Posted July 26, 2017 at 01:40PM CDT

' God's timing is always right.'...
PTL!
Phyllis...hello in Kentucky. Thank you for your timely devotional. And more from the author.
Just the reassurance I need awaiting for my daughter's colonoscopy results. She only tell me if it's good news. ~:}¡
UR Family...Thank you for your interesting comments. Chris, Elias, and Yulia thanks for your interesting comments last night.
Dave...hello to you and Sharon. Praying healing mercies for your precious cat.
Today's FBC Clothes Closet. I've not been able to really help...today I'm trying.
Time to go...
Blessings.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 01:55PM CDT
Comment by Margaret of randallstown, MD

Phyllis, THANK YOU!!! I need this right, Victory Victory is Mine, Victory Victory is mine, when I hold my peace let the Lord fight my battles Victory Victory is MINE THANK YOU JESUS. Lord thank you for fighting my battles. Dear God you come right on time in, no matter what we need if you hold out or or if you come at that moment, you are always right on time. Lord you no my situation on my job, please allow your spirit to flow as I am dealing with people who are not honest and who are trying to come up against me. God you know our hearts and you know the truth. This is not my battle Lord it is yours. Bless my family today, protected he one of my loves ones, children, family and friends. IN JESUS NAME AMEN

Posted July 26, 2017 at 02:53PM CDT

Teresa of Brigham City, UT,I'm sorry you are not happy where you live....maybe God has not opened the door for you to move because He has a purpose for you where you are. Live your life as an example of Jesus so that it causes those who are not Christian to ask... what is different about you? How or why do you believe what you believe? and then use that open door to share the Love of Jesus with them. Not to get into disagreements... but just to love them. It's all in the perspective of how we look at things... not many Christians around you....is it really not a place to live.... OR is it a wonderful ministry opportunity! When talking to anyone about my faith, I always lift silent prayers because The Father knows what that person needs to hear. Just make your mouth His tool to help them hear it.
Just a suggestion.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 02:55PM CDT
Comment by J of Washington, DC

Good morning,
________________________________________________________

All of us has have normal fears and worries, which is our normal human defense system at work, but the red flag is when fears and worries become all consuming (24/7/365(6)) then you need to get profession help ASAP:
a) sickness (real or imaginary);
b) yes, I know these can be a hereditary trait, family/friend/work related, environment, but worries and fears can also bring on anxiety, panic attacks, crying, sadness, depressions, negative feelings, words, actions, no-get-up-and-go, etc.;
c) solitary, loneness;
d) no social life (and no work or necessary appointments is not a social life);
e) physical or mental abuse(s) situations .
_______________________________________________________________
And finally worries and fears closed you off from new experiences and the joy of life; everyday that you wake up give God's thanks for a new day full of His mercies and graces presents----closed fist/minded nothing can go in or out; open fist/mind blessings flowing.
________________________________________________________________
 “Don’t worry, Don’t stress, count your many blesses and name them one by one” (Oatman Johnson, Jr.),
His eyes are on the sparrow, Mahilia Jackson
Jeremiah 29:11
Mercy and Grace, Mississippi Mass Choir
________________________________________________________________

PRAYER plus FAITH plus ACTION(S) equals ACTIVATION (Hebrews 11:1-40; 2 Corinthians 5:7)
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Matthew 6:1-8, 14-15 (16-34)
Matthew 6: (9) 10-13
(1 Corinthians 12-14:40)
________________________________________________________________

http://foundationsforfreedom.net/References/NT/Johanine/1John4.1-5.21/1John5.14_Ask-Prayer.html ________________________________________________________________

The Lord’s Prayer, Yolanda Adams
Yes Lord Yes, Shirley Caesar
I say a little pray for you, Aretha Franklin
Lord I need you, Matt Maherk
Someone prayed for me, Dorothy Norwood
He’s an on time God, Dottie Peoples
Spirit break out, Kim Walker-Smith
________________________________________________________________

We expected God to answer our prayers in a microwave second. But God knows what prayers are microwave answer prayers; what prayers are crock pot answer prayers; what prayers are no, not now, yes, wait prayers; He never needs your help in the spiritual realm, but occasionally he needs your help in the physical realm, e.g., buying a home: steady job and income, getting your finances and credit in A-1 range, no co-signers, after researching and getting qualified active looking for a home---below your price range, etc. If God doesn’t answer your prayers accept it; God rarely answer your prayer the way you think it should be answer, accept it; learned to be patiently---“He’s blessing everyone else, when its my turned”; God is the pilot and Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the co-pilot/intercessors and if you get ahead of them, doing things your way---you are slowing, stopping, starting over/delaying your blessings. Even Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane was told by his Father/God “No”, “Ignored” Jesus’ tormented requests (Matthew 26:36-46). We think God has forsaken us but he hasn’t, e.g., when Jesus was on the cross he thought his God/Father had forsaken him, but in reality God/Father did not forsaken him---His Father/God could not look at the televised sins of the world. (Matthew 27:46; Psalm 22:1; Isaiah 53:4-5)
(http://www.baptiststart.com/print/forsaken_me.html; https://bible.org/seriespage/70-garden-gethsemane-luke-2239-46)
________________________________________________________________
I have learned to put my prayers up on a shelf and with the attitude “I Won't Be Back, Shirley Caesar and if they are answered I may or may know when they were answered or how. From Exodus 3:5; 33:11; 19-23 I learned how to communicate with God. From Samuel 2:1-26 I learned how to pray in earnest. From Isaiah 38:1-6 I learned to be specific in my requests. (People always told me that you do not tell God when you want something, you just tell Him what your petition is, but I never make promises, bargaining, negativity actions/words with God, it is His will not your will as my mother always told us.) From Matthew 7:7 and John 14:14 I learned to pray in His name. From Deuteronomy 4:2, 12:3; Habakkuk 2:20 I learned not to be in a hurry when I am praying and when finishing praying…stay awhile…be still…
quietness…God (and I) communing. Finally, I learned from Joshua 1:7-8; Proverbs 30:5-6 how to know and listen to God and the Holy Spirit.
________________________________________________________________

God gives us all a prayer life, but some of us have a gifted prayer life: some of us can pray at a drop of a hat (pastors, prayer warriors); others are intercessors; others are Holy Spirit intercessors; others pray in tongues, but it doesn’t matter how you pray as long as you commune with God on a daily basis (Daniel 6:10; Thessalonians 5:16-18)---silent/out-loud; emotional/non-emotional.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 03:06PM CDT
Comment by J of Washington, DC

Good morning,
________________________________________________________________

Sarah, I am so proud of you---you are “shaking every medical profession tree” looking for answers regarding why your legs and feet are causing you extreme discomfort and the answer(s) will come to past in an unexpected way. Yes, “There's a storm out on your ocean” (Bishop Ronald E. Brown), but regardless of your trials and tribulations you “Praise him in your storm” (Casting Crowns) and keep Philippians 4:1-20 close by you as you do the work God has assigned you. We don’t know why God gives us thorns but God is *“Standing by you” so *“Take your burdens to the Lord and leave them there” because *“One day you will understand it by and by” (*Reverend Doctor Charles Albert Tindley) and “You will have a testimony” (Reverend Ray Clark).
Majority of us understand how frustrated it is when we have a medical condition that no medical profession can diagnosed, understand, knowledgeable, treat. Some undiagnosed medical conditions are not a hindrance why others intrude on our lifestyle/nagging-tolerable level/independence/finances as /family-friends/etc. and your core-value beliefs are put to a test.
Regardless if you are a Christian or non-Christians we all have trials and tribulations that are tailored only for you (Matthew 5:45)---your circle of life journey shoes are molded and sized only for you and no one else can fit/wear/use/non-recyclable/no trade-in/personalized version (Ecclesiastes+1:9).
________________________________________________________________

http://biblereasons.com/reasons-for-trials/ http://findingtruthtoday.org/who-do-you-blame-god-or-satan/
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground (Oatman Johnson, Jr.),
________________________________________________________________
Be blessed UR’s prayer warrior because (Everybody is praying for you and your family.)

Posted July 26, 2017 at 03:09PM CDT
Comment by J of Washington, DC

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Matthew 6:1-8, 14-15 (16-34)
Matthew 6: (9) 10-13
(1 Corinthians 12-14:40)
________________________________________________________________

Prayers for all written and unwritten request.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 03:12PM CDT

guada, yes that is a statement we can stand on, "God is bigger than all problems and worries and He will vanish them all.". Praying for your brother and for your 20 year-old. God touch guada's brother with your healing touch. And touch her 20 year-old with your loving touch so that she will love life and all that you have provided her with.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 04:13PM CDT
Comment by chris of Myerstown, PA

Yulia thanks for your scripture lesson last night, but I have to say that your take on the Spirit is a bit off the mark. You claim there are people with no " Spirit" walking around. If someone has no Spirit, you'll find them in the funeral home being prepared for the cemetery.
   Are we not told that we are created in the image and likeness of God?
    John 4:24New International Version (NIV)

24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

The woman at the well and Nicodemus, both mistook what Jesus was saying as literal, which is exactly what your doing. The water that Christ gives is an awakening, or understanding of the Life you already have. This understanding gives a quickening of the Spirit. There are many instances where Jesus called people dead that were still living, such as "Let the dead bury the dead".
  Most people myself included live with only a physical awareness, ignorant or ignoring the Spirit and Soul. Jesus was teaching that we are not separated from God, except through belief. Therefore, He used the I AM, or God as a way to identify Himself with God. The point being you can do nothing of yourselves, but with God all things are possible. The believer must be one With God, if any works are to be done. I could go on but I'm out of time. God bless you and Jesse.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 09:29PM CDT
Comment by Kathy of Canal Winchester, OH

There was a ride malfunction at The Ohio State Fair this evening. One person lost their life and 7 others were injured. Please pray for all involved.

Posted July 26, 2017 at 10:12PM CDT
Comment by Yulia

PHYLLIS, thank you for your devotional! I praise God for your spiritual journey with Him and for your spiritual growth in Christ through the Holy Spirit! One thing that I didn't like (with all my respect for you!) in your sharing is you saying, "Now when I am tempted to worry, I try to give my troubles to God completely and not expect quick and easy answers." I know my illustration, probably, is going to be too extreme for you, but I only hope you will better understand why I didn't like that sentence; and, most importantly, I hope it will help you change your perspective. So...
     When you say you "try to give" your troubles to God, immediately I think about my husband who is severely disabled and yet who tries to be independent as much as he can (for example, trying to reach something on the floor only to end up falling out of the wheelchair).
     When you say you "try to give" your troubles to God, at the very same moment I also think about my naturalized status in your country where sometimes I feel so uncomfortable, where I have no family of origin, and where I have to go to strangers for help as I take care of my husband.
     It is challenging, especially for someone like my husband or myself as we are quite independent people by nature! And yet now sometimes our daily needs are beyond our physical or emotional abilities. And that's where and when God and our faith in Him, and our moment-by-moment trust in Christ and His power come in and liberate us from this humiliating, stressful, discouraging, draining bondage of severe dependence on people. Praise God!
     I believe my husband especially is so good about that! He is so independent in his spirit, independent from people but confidently and peacefully dependent on God! I tell you: I have seen it for years and I admire it, and I even learn from him!
     But I also learn when Adam and Eve were still in the Garden, they were never designed to live independently from God; they were created for the close, intimate, powerful union with God, their Creator and Provider. But when they disobeyed, when they chose to be independent from Him, that's when all the trouble came into action (Gen. 1-3). And by the time when we get to Genesis 6, people became so independent from God, that violence began to reign in the world that God once created and called it: "good." But when we get to Genesis 11, we learn that people wanted to build a name to themselves and have absolutely nothing to do with God.
     I guess that's why sometimes God allows trouble and hardship come people's way, so that they learn to depend on Him again, depend on God and not on people or on their own resources.
     And you see if/when God allows severe circumstances in your life, you don't want just to "try to give" your troubles to God − you give them to Him as soon as they arrive! And the more you get them, the sooner you learn to give them and everything else that comes your way every day to Him.
     Worries? If/when they begin to bombard you mercilessly, you don't entertain them − they will eat up your stomach if you hold on to them!
     Worries? If/when they begin to bombard you mercilessly, you don't even try to give them to God − you throw them unto Him, just as the Bible says, "Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken" (Ps. 55:22, NIV); or "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you" (1 Pet. 5:7, NIV).
     I like this verb "cast." But I think the other Greek meaning of it is more graphic: "throw" (Mounce, p.208). Throw! It's like what the two disciples did in Lk.19:28-36 when they threw their cloaks on the colt that Jesus had asked for.
     And that's what you do with worries: You do not try them on − you throw them away unto God! The sooner the better. And that's how you learn the power of God in your life of today!
     "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own," Jesus said in Matt. 6:34.
     Blessings!

Posted July 26, 2017 at 10:42PM CDT
Comment by Thelma of Albany, NY

"He may not come when you want Him but He"s right on time. Phyliss, that is what the old folks use to say when I was young. I find it to be true. Before I say any more, I want to apologize for being unChristlike in my words , CARMEN.
  As I sat at the computer the other day, I came across a video by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir. One of the women sang a song called "He's So Faithful to Me". The song mentioned that even when we move away from God, have problems with our sisters in Christ or brothers. In every situation, God is Faithful . He tells us what to do but we want to use permissive will and not His divine will . We get impatient and goof upStill He is so faithful. I'm trying to practice what I preach and hold on.
   SARAH, I'm sure you are feeling like the commercial "Can you hear me now?" But He does. I pray for Him to come through. e's gonna. That goes for all. Be blessed

Posted July 26, 2017 at 10:44PM CDT