Deep Roots

Thursday, June 22nd, 2017

Read Psalm 1:1-6

View the May-June, 2017 Issue

- Psalm 1:1, 3 (NRSV)

We recently spent some time living in the mountains of Boquete, Panama. The climate there is called Eternal Spring because there are no distinct seasons. The temperature remains virtually the same all year long. Our seasons are simply defined as dry or rainy. Though a few trees and plants do not survive the dry season in Panama, most return to their beautiful greens in the rainy season. Others, having deep roots, never change and give forth blooms of every color imaginable all year long.

So it is in our spiritual lives. Dry times may come — times when we do not feel the love and closeness of the Lord. But our faith is strengthened when we are deeply rooted in scripture and prayer. We can rest in the hope that the dry times will be followed soon by seasons of God’s overflowing abundance.

See a photo of Susana in Panama.

Read more from the author, here.

Susana M. Allen (Jalisco, Mexico)

I can deepen the roots of my faith by reading the Bible.

Dear God, thank you for scripture that reminds us of your love and deepens our faith in you. Amen.

Prayer focusSomeone experiencing a “dry season”

Susana, thanks for the church planting you folks are doing. We are all to be missionaries to the world and you folks are going beyond your circle to plant churches in more remote areas. Do believe the different seasons in our spiritual lives have a purpose of keeping us focused on our goal of winning souls regardless of immediate results. We are merely to plant the seeds of God's love for all, then He takes it from there as He sees fit.

Posted June 21, 2017 at 07:18AM CDT

Good morning, everyone! Thank you, Susana, for your devotional this morning. I thank the Lord for the good, solid Bible teaching I got from the church I was saved in many years ago, that helped me to develop good strong and deep roots. I didn’t know then, but that would be of immense help to me now, years later, with going through the trials I have. Without those good spiritual roots, I would not be able to make it now. I would have withered away spiritually.
BETH of Saucier, MS - I am praying for your church’s VBS program this week. I pray that many children will attend, hear the Word of God, and that there will be many decisions made for Christ. I am also praying for all of you folks in the Gulf coast area, that the Lord will protect you from the Tropical Storm Cindy, that there will be no major damage to property, injuries, or loss of life. * RAYNARD of Newark, DE - I am praying for your one co-worker, who told you the other day she was considering quitting her job. I pray that she might have wisdom about this decision, and if this is not where the Lord would have her, that He might lead her to another good job. I am also praying for another co-worker who needs some more motivation. I pray that the Lord might give him the encouragement he needs to continue doing well at his position.
DAVE of Manassas, VA - I am praying for your wife, Sharon, as she returns home this weekend. I pray that the Lord will give her travel mercies, and she arrives back safe and sound. * LYNNE of Havre de Grace, MD - I am praying for you as you have an open house for your residence this weekend. I pray that everything goes smoothly, and that the Lord will send a good potential buyer to your place. I pray that someone will be interested, and that they will make a very good offer, and the place sold real soon. I am also praying that He will help you as you continue to do the renovation work on your new place. I pray that the Lord gives you the strength you need, and keeps you and your husband safe while doing the work, and that everything will turn out wonderfully well.
KATHY of Canal Winchester, OH - I am praying for your son and his fiance, with their wedding this Saturday. I pray that the day goes well for them. I am also praying that the two will put the Lord Jesus first in their new life together, and that they will seek Him in all things. I am also praying that the Lord will soften his ex’s heart, and that she will not continue to be so difficult with regards to the boys. I pray that she will get the help she needs for her drinking, and most importantly that she will turn to the Lord Jesus for salvation. I continue to keep you in prayer, that the Lord will lead you to find another good and decent-paying job so that you will not have to work two jobs to make ends meet. * JUDY of Yalaha, FL - I am praying for your neighbor, who is driving to New Jersey for a wedding with her husband who has dementia. I pray that the Lord will watch over them and keep them safe on this trip. I also pray that he will travel well, be comfortable, and at peace.
MERRY of Poteau, OK - I pray that everything went well yesterday with the start of your physical therapy. I pray that this will help relieve all of the pain that you are in. I am praying that the Lord will bring you healing from the spinal stenosis you have, and that this therapy will be a big help for you. * SHEILA of Bryantsville, KY - I pray that everything went well yesterday with the meeting you and your friend, Liz, had with the congregational leader and his wife at the messianic synagogue you’ve been attending. I pray that the Lord will give you His wisdom and leading for this. I pray, too, that Daddy Paul had a good doctor visit yesterday, and that he checked out fine.
CHERIE of Inverness, FL - I am praising the Lord that your husband, Ron, got his walker on Tuesday, and seems to like it! I pray that this will help him be able to get out and about more, keeping him steady on his feet, with no more falls. I am also praying that being able to get out more safely will also help lift some of the depression he suffers from, and that the Lord will bless his days with more joy and peace. I am joining you in prayer for Julia, Matt, and their family. I pray that the Lord will uphold them through all they are going through, and that He will meet their needs during this difficult time. * JANET of Texas - I am holding your mother-in-law, Linda, in prayer, as she has a heart condition that is affecting her other organs. I pray that the Lord will give her doctors wisdom to find a treatment that will help this condition, and that He will bring her full healing. I am also praying that you all are adjusting well to her now living with you, and that the Lord blesses you, your husband, and his mother with much joy and peace in your home.
WILLIS of Jackson, TN - I am lifting your choir director, Mike, and his family in prayer with the passing of his father yesterday. I pray that the Lord will uphold them with His love, comfort, and peace at this time. I also continue to keep your wife, Jone, in prayer. I pray that the Lord will slow down her dementia and memory loss, and that she will have more better days than not so good ones. I am also praying that medical researchers will find some type of cure for this devastating condition that afflict so many families. * LEAH - I continue to pray for your friends, the Camp, Boyer, Gentile, and Sisk families, along with your brother, another friend, and a co-worker of yours. I pray that the Lord will meet each need that each one of them has, whether physical, emotional, financial, or spiritual.
JULIE of Delray Beach, FL - I am praying for you as you have your endoscopy tomorrow. I pray that the procedure goes well, and that you will get back some good results. I pray, too, that your husband, Bill, arrived home safely, and that his business meetings went well. I am lifting your son, Jon, in prayer, that the Lord will open the door up for the opportunity for him to get the job he recently interviewed for, working with college students. * DONNA of San Marcos, TX - I am keeping you in prayer as you have this work being done on your house because of the critter who took up residence in your attic. I pray that everything goes well. I am also praying that your stay in the hotel works out fine, and that this does not disturb the routine or peace of mind for your husband or mother. I am praising the Lord that you had your stitches removed from your foot! I pray that He will continue to bring you healing and full recovery.
LINDA of West Point, VA - I am praying for your granddaughter, Mackenzie, along with Pat, as they are traveling in England, Scotland, Ireland, and Paris. I pray that the Lord will watch over them, give them travel mercies, and keep them safe from all harm. I pray that they will have a wonderful trip, and enjoy all of the sites. * KIM of Locust Grove, OK - I am praying for you as you are caring for your two grandchildren right now. I pray that the Lord will give you strength for the task, and that you all will have a wonderful time together. I continue to keep your mother in prayer, as she is another one of so many mentioned on this site who suffers with dementia.
Again, here is my blog site for any interested in reading - http://www.bcplectionary.blogspot.com

Posted June 21, 2017 at 09:09PM CDT

Good evening to all the UR Family, may we all grow working roots and branches for God's work. Susana, thanks for all your are doing. Agree with Joe. I do think the following part of scripture says it all, "Those who do not follow the advice of the wicked . . . are like trees planted by streams of water, which yield their fruit in its season, and their leaves do not wither. In all that they do, they prosper." These are examples of what God wants us to do as we work for the kingdom of our Lord with promises of prosperity. You see God does want us all to succeed when we work for good. God is Love for All

Posted June 21, 2017 at 09:32PM CDT

Praying for all the UR Family to have a great night sleep with restful bliss as God does His taking care of all our needs. You all have a blessed day tomorrow. Have to go for a dental cleaning early. God is Love for All!!!

Posted June 21, 2017 at 09:35PM CDT
Comment by beth of saucier, MS

Susana, thank you for your message. We are presently experiencing a very rainy summer and the vegetation is thriving. However, the rains from the our current tropical storm, caused VBS to be cancelled for the day. So even though I awoke early, I was able to enjoy my coffee and study time in a leisurely fashion. We are predicted for more rain tomorrow and Friday, some flooding is expected.
Cherie, so glad that Ron likes the walker.
Donna, praying that everyone does well with the hotel stay.
Kathy, prayers for your son's upcoming wedding and the children involved.
Praying for all of the ones on this site who have family members suffering from dementia, as well as the caregivers.
Hoping we will be able to have Bible School tomorrow.
Seeking joy in all the seasons of life.

Posted June 21, 2017 at 11:02PM CDT

Good morning everyone.
 I actually wrote a long post yesterday but lost it just before sending. How I don't know how. It was on the theme of " Judge not that you be not judged".
I was challenged by the devotional yesterday and had written a long personal pouring forth of why this devotional touched me. I may say I forgive but unfortunately like my grandmother used to say you can "forgive but not forget."
Although she and I are Christians (she is no longer in this World) it is not God's teachings we are to forgive and also forget. After many years the wrong my brother did still annoys me, I have one brother and four sisters, I am the oldest. He managed to get everything even our personal belongings left in the house and to this day feels he was entitled as the male and is without any remorse, this still rankles. I have contact with him and behave well but true forgiveness should mean I leave it in God's hands and don't take back the hurt and memory, the same for my cousin's behaviour with my Aunt. Please pray that in life I can truly forgive and forget the wrongs as God does for me.
Georgine, Arqua Petrarca, Italy

Posted June 22, 2017 at 12:52AM CDT

Good morning again. Thank you Susana for the devotional today and more from the author. I admire the work both you and your husband are doing to plant churches in more remote areas. The challenge in today's devotional is that although I may not be called to do the same as Joe wrote "We are merely to plant the seeds of God's love for all, then He takes it from there as He sees fit." therefore no matter where we are we are also meant to plant.
****
Rejoicing is in order today my sister Elizabeth has had her results, all the recent tissue taken from the area near the cancer site on her lower eyelid are negative so she is clear of cancer in that area at the moment and hopefully for the future. The cancer was removed by the biopsy. Thank you for all who prayed for her in this time of worry and stress especially as it took so long to get the results.
***
Thank you to all the contributors this morning for their prayers and comments.
Georgine, Arqua Petrarca, Italy

Posted June 22, 2017 at 01:03AM CDT
Comment by raynard of newark, DE

Good Morning U.R Family. Thank you Susana for your devotional/picture and" rest of the story".. Sidenote. Gerogine. After you finish writing your comments, go to bottom of the box on the left side. Click I'm not a robot and wait for it to give you the check mark. Then you hit the post button and wait for it to say your comment has been posted.. I was reading your first comment about your brother. It reminded me of my younger sister under me and a older sister, the second oldest. I do not speak to neither. Unless" Jesus tells" Popeye" to share a can of spinich with me so I have have " big forarms" like him, it's too draining, hurtful and" you feel like" you're sinking in quicksand as" hyenas are watching and cracking jokes about saving you".. I digress. Back to our devotional... I love to read Psalms one where it takes about trees and " living water".. During the day when it gets hotter, I drink more water as it reminds me of being in the desert with a thirst that won't go away. As we grow and stay connect to God and others, "Our thirst for a relationship with him and others will never go away as we stay connected thru his word . Keep me in prayer as " my mind slows down from this morning's coffee , woke up late, and " I unplugged the iron but I hope the dogs don't knock it over as it cools down rushing to go to work.. Prayers going out to each and every spoken and unspoken prayer request. Be blessed and encouraged everyone and have a great day..

Posted June 22, 2017 at 04:09AM CDT
Comment by Kathy of Canal Winchester, OH

Good morning UR family, Susana, thank you for you devotional this morning. I'll be honest. I am in a dry season with my life right now. I feel overwhelmed and hopeless. I didn't go to Church on Sunday. I am tired of my job situation. I pray and ask God for direction. I was offered my old job back with better money but I would never see my grandkids or be able to go to their sporting events. Their parents work about an hour away and I am less than a minute away.

I am keeping all in prayer today.

Love and blessings to all.

Posted June 22, 2017 at 04:30AM CDT

Susana, thank you for the reading and sharing your mission work. Please keep one of my friends Mike who lost his job yesterday in your prayers. Also my employee Kathleen who injured her knee playing in a bounce house with her children, she is a single mother of 3 with no insurance. Praying for those in the path of hurricane Cindy. Praises for all needs met, and prayers for all needs spoken or unspoken. Have a blessed day!

Posted June 22, 2017 at 04:32AM CDT

Good morning~ Thank you Susana for the message and your ministry in Panama and Mexico! Praise God from whom all blessings flow and hallelujah that you are planting seeds that are producing fruit before your very eyes. Thank you for sharing that productivity with us and all those you invite to your homes.
Praying for all requests expressed by Sarah our prayer leader! Thank you Sarah.
Praises for your sister, Georgine. It has been a long wait to hear that good news. Your lost post(I hate when that happens) is disheartening I am sure. I usually copy mine, so all I have to do is hit paste if it goes "missing" in cyber land.
Blessings to all this day. Praying for all in the path of Cindy.

Posted June 22, 2017 at 04:39AM CDT
Comment by Rob of Warner Robins, GA

The psalmist did not tell us to read the Bible; he told us to meditate on it. We are nourished as we not only read but study the Bible and have fellowship such as we have here in the Upper Room. The more we study, meditate, and place God's word in our hearts, the stronger and more fruitful we become.
Prayers for all of the needs of the UR family today. Grace and peace to all of God's children today.

Posted June 22, 2017 at 04:40AM CDT
Comment by Charlie

Good Morning UR Family. Sorry I haven't been here for a few days. Our land line went out after a storm for a few days ago. My only access to the internet in the mornings. Requesting prayer for my attending physician who is about to retire, not of his own wishes, but due to health reasons. Also, one of our residents who's wife had a child over the weekend. Family is doing well, but quiet an adjustment for a new intern. Thanks to all who have continued to keep my wife and me in their prayers. We are getting better as each day progresses. Thank you. I continue to keep all prayer requests before our Lord and Savior and praise Him for all needs met. AMEN!!

Posted June 22, 2017 at 05:06AM CDT

"I can deepen the roots of my faith by reading the Bible."...
Susana...good morning in Mexico. Thank you for your inspiring devotional, 'Deep Roots.' And your blog. A lovely picture of you.
I admire the work you are doing in church planting and sowing seeds of God's Love.
UR Family...good morning. Thank you for your comments and prayers.
Georgine...welcome home. I just lost my post...so now for a shorter version.
PTL! for Elizabeth's good news from the doctors.
A wise pastor once told me...'Yes, forgive and forget. But...don't get AMNESIA.
Learn from the events and if needed move out of harms way.'
Sarah...good morning. Thank you for your prayers. Joining you in prayer for those listed.
Praying for you, Lucy and Albert.
Joe, my friend, Thank you for your good wishes. Blessing.
Julie...praying healing mercies for you today.

Posted June 22, 2017 at 05:21AM CDT
Comment by James of Fayetteville, GA

Thank you Susana for this devotional. We must have faith in season and out of season. There is a time for everything under the sun. Our Lord and Savior is just that always. He does not change because we do. Praise God for His wisdom and His understanding of each of us. He always knows just what we need. There is a time for work and a time for rest. In all of creation there are seasons. We must make the most of each season of our lives in preparation for the next season.
Lord, in Jesus I pray that you will keep us ever mindful of the seasons that we are moving through. Help us make the most of our time, that we will be prepared for the change that is ever present. Amen.

Posted June 22, 2017 at 05:40AM CDT

Good morning UR family! Thank you Susana for your devotional and blog. I love the idea of finding a home church. Blessings to you, sister!
Georgine, so happy Elizabeth does not have any cancer left! Praise Be To God!!! Praying you will be able to find peace with your brother. Love to you, sister!
Julie, remembering your endoscopy for tomorrow. I will be praying! Praying for you and all your family! Love to you, sister!
Edd, thank you for your prayers for Ron and I. We are headed to the doctor this morning over in Top of the World. I pray the infection is leaving!!! Love to you and Patti! Glad to hear you had a nice day on the links! Kisses to little Zeke!
Kathy, I will be thinking of you this Saturday as you attend your son's wedding. I pray it will be a positive loving time for all! I understand about the dry season. I feel like I am in one. Not having my prayer walk has affected me. I keep you and your sons and grandsons in my prayers, dear sister! Kisses to the furry family!! Love and Light to you!
Praying for all the people that have been impacted from Cindy! I pray they will be safe.
Everyone have a beautiful day! Love and Light!

Posted June 22, 2017 at 05:54AM CDT
Comment by CARMEN of Longwood, FL

PRAISE THE LORD. OH. MY GOD HOW GREAT YOU ARE!!! SIMPLY AWESOME, oh yes!
Oh, thanks so very much to all of you, my dearest UR family. You certainly make my day. I do read your comments and pray for all, though I cannot post daily. I'm horrible at typing, impossible at voicing. And now, many a times, I cannot tell a gas station from a store front as to convince Captcha that I'm not a robot.
Here I am waiting for the dentist's office to open for my regular check up.
PLEASE, I need intensive spiritual support, tonight is the second part of my Sleep Apnea Test. It gets me sooo nervous and even scared.
Thanks . Blessings with plenty of love.

Posted June 22, 2017 at 06:23AM CDT
Comment by Heidi of Woodstock, IL

Good morning UR family. Thank you Susan for your devotional. Admire your work and faith.
Joe, love your posts every day, you are so good with words.
Merry of OK, I hear you what a wise pastor told you, the forget part is sometimes hard. Enjoy your post.
Georgene, PTL on Elizabeth diagnosis.
Kathy, keeping you in prayer, I hear you so important to spend time with the boys, that's why you moved closer to them. Hoping the dry spell will end soon for a better paying job.
Cherrie, keeping you and Ron in prayer good results from your Drs appointment.
Miss my morning walks too, my neighbor stopped walking, hard to find someone very early.
PTL, seeing some progress in Brian regaining he's mobility, every little bit helps.
Praying for all your needs today.
Blessings.

Posted June 22, 2017 at 06:23AM CDT
Comment by monte of laughlintown, PA

Happy are those whose ‘delight is in the law of the LORD’. –The question becomes, ‘How does that delight play out in our lives?’
Thank you, Susana, for sharing your ministry with us.
I was out on the PA Hero Walk yesterday, walking my miles to raise funds to help care for needs of our veterans, and not here. My absence was not important as there were a number of good comments:
Matthew of PA, “It is indeed a difficult test not to judge others. I think about our country and the poverty of our brothers and sisters here and need that goes unmet. Then I pray for those who hold positions of power in our state and federal governments and even in our local communities. I pray for leadership that truly employs the love commanded in the Bible --- leadership that considers Matthew 25:40---”—Matthew and I share the same state where they cobble together a budget by cutting services and increasing revenue by increasing nuisance taxes and gambling schemes and not facing up to the fact that they need to ask all residents to pay a little more to keep things going.
James, “I am assailed daily with telemarketing phone calls, Internet offers and junk mail trying to sell me stuff. I feel so bombarded that recently when approached at a gas station by someone asking for help in the purchase of power stirring fluid, I simply blew them off , as I mentally lumped them into the box that I place all of my nuisance requests.”—Thanks for that reminder about the bigger picture.
Sharon, “We frequently suspect that beggars or homeless people will use money handed to them for drugs or alcohol rather than things we believe are more appropriate. It occurred to me that God gives us money that we often use for things He may see as inappropriate.”—this one hit me right between the eyes—I have met the enemy and it is I!!
Gerald, “ Many times I find myself judging the person, especially if he/she is smoking and then wonder should I give money to someone to buy cigarettes. I don't know the answer to this.”—We kept Carolyn’s deceased sister in housing for years, and she smoked. It often pained me that some of our money was buying her cigarettes, but somehow we kept our eye on the bigger picture.
Kim, “Send your peace in these trying times ... Soften the hearts of those who hate.’—Kim lifts a full-time prayer task.
Karen, “We don't know their situation.”
Jill, “Yesterday a man who always stood asking for money on the median of a busy crossroad nearby was killed and the article posted on Facebook. Some of comments made have been disappointingly cruel.”—death often isn’t enough judgment to satisfy us.
As for Yulia, read her whole comment.
Mike, “This may not have happened in my neighborhood where there is a growing resentment against the homeless and the'"terrible burden," the city must carry- cleaning up after them.”
Chris, “ Those asking you for help may not know God, and their Faith that anyone will help them may be little or nonexistent, but because they're desperate, ask anyway. By helping them you've imparted a little of your Faith to them.”—good point!!
This issue is very hard for me to come to grips with. Actually all about being Christian in this world is hard to come to grips with (at least for me).
Praying for all experiencing a ‘dry season’. Special prayer for Kathy. The names of those who post their concerns give me cause to mention their names to God.

Posted June 22, 2017 at 06:43AM CDT
Comment by Karen of Jackson, MS

Good morning UR family. Thank you Susana for the devotional, picture and more from the author. I too, feel like I'm in a dry period and can't get it together. I'm getting ready for two big events at my church family day, this week from Friday-Sunday and VBS 2 weeks away. This week in the midst of tropical storm Cindy, we have family day planned. Our alternative will to take the activities inside. Praying that the weather holds up from 10-2pm on Saturday. Up early I have the grands. Prayerfully we will make it to the gym this morning. It's not raining right now. Scheduled to get more rain today. EDD glad you got to play golf yesterday. CHERIE hope your feeling better and RON has good visit with his doctor. GEORGINE was missing your comments have you returned from Paris? Hope you had a good trip. Prayers to all those needs spoken and unspoken. Be Blessed!🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Posted June 22, 2017 at 06:44AM CDT
Comment by Marsha of Bangs, TX

Praise God for a new day!
May we be deeply rooted in God's Love and plant seeds from our abundance of blessings!
Thank you for your prayers URF! My grandson Zakk is doing well on his own so far this week. I check on him frequently and he knows he can call me for help. I am so proud of him! He is being very responsible.
I am praying for you.
Have a blessed day!

Posted June 22, 2017 at 06:49AM CDT

Goodmorning UR family and thank you Susana for this morning's devotion. It is always my prayer to have deeper roots and be a better person, whose actions and words would draw others to God and the salvation He freely offers. Georgine am rejoicing with you as your sister, Elizabeth(my first name) is free from cancer. Our God is a great healer, praise be to His name. I continue to pray for Annette, that one day we will hear she is all healed too. Praying for all those on Sarah's list. And praying for you Sarah, for Albert and Lucy. I hope she had a wonderful birthday. A blessed and lovely day everyone. 😇😇🎆🌞🌼🌻😊

Posted June 22, 2017 at 06:56AM CDT
Comment by Paulette of Miami, OK

Thank you, Susana, for your devotional and sharing in 'more from the author'. As today's prayer focus states, I am grateful for His Word, and learning that my prayers and daily talks to our Lord have helped me so much.

Good morning, Joe, Edd, JK, Merry, James, and sweet Cherie, Heidi, Karen, Marsha, Beth, and all in this sweet UR family!
Sarah, I am so grateful for the Bible teaching you received when you were saved. It certainly is a blessing now to me, for your faithfulness in your prayers for us, and for your blog that teaches me. God bless you, sweet sister, as we all continue praying for you, Albert and Lucy.

Such good news, Georgine, about Elizabeth…Praise God!

Raynard, I missed you yesterday. Good to see your post this morning. Praying your day is a good one.

Prayers, Kathy, for this dry season to end for you, and for you to have relief from being overwhelmed.

George, praying for your friend Mike, that a good job opportunity is just around the corner, and for your employee that hurt her knee, that it's not a serious injury and will heal quickly.

Rob, I agree with you about meditating on God's word. I understand now why some call His word the Living word, as I truly believe there's been a change in my attitude (mostly)!

Charlie, continued prayers for you and your wife, that things continue to get better in your marriage. Prayers also for your doctor that's retiring, that this step helps improve his health.

Carmen, praying for you to have peace of mind for the sleep apnea test tonight.

Prayers for safety in the path of hurricane Cindy, for our President and decision makers, for our military and all those who protect us.

God bless all here today!

Posted June 22, 2017 at 06:58AM CDT
Comment by Hoyte of Plano, TX

Goord morning wonderful friends! I can't imagine starting my day out without each and everyone of you.
Thank you Susana for your devotional, scripture and more from the author but mostly thank you for taking the Word worldwide.
I would like to request prayers for my best friend, Dave. While helping a friend with a construction project, a nail broke off and landed in his eye.He has no vision in the eye,
and no light. The doctors are waiting for the swelling to go down so that they can remove
a cataract caused by the trauma. After that, we will have see what to do next. Your prayers
will be greatly appreciated. Prayers for all in need, every day.

Posted June 22, 2017 at 07:13AM CDT

Good morning, my fiends. Susana, welcome to the UR family. Thank you for your devotional contribution, additional comments, and the picture of yourself. I pray for all of you who are experiencing the storm Cindy, that all of you are safe and sound. Likewise I pray for all who are experiencing the extremely hot temperatures, that you are safe as well. I also pray for those who are caught up in the continuing violence in our world, that those who insist on killing will be stopped and those who are involved in the disagreements in our world will sit down and bring peace to all of us. Everyone have a nice day.

Posted June 22, 2017 at 07:44AM CDT
Comment by Mike of Seattle, WA

Thankyou Susana for sharing from one on my favorite Psalms -1- the gardeners's psalm. Que Dios te bendiga. Mi querida hermana de la fe.

Posted June 22, 2017 at 07:54AM CDT
Comment by coni

Good morning, everyone! Thank you, Susana, for your devotional and sharing your mission work.
 😇God sez, ''Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters;and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! 🥗 Come, buy wine 🍷 and milk 🥛 without money 💲 and without cost”👛 (Isaiah 55). time spent with the Lord is a feast in which we can delight our souls in the richest of food 🍲 …🕆Jesus told us that abiding in Him was more necessary than food or water. Apart from Him, we can do nothing (John 15). However, in Christ we can do all things (Phil 4:13). The most important 🎁 gift you can give to yourself is time with 🕆Jesus. (Psalm 92:12-15) - 12 The righteous will 👫 will flourish like a 🌴 palm tree, they will grow like a 🌲 cedar of Lebanon;13 planted in the house of the LORD, they will flourish in the courts of our God.14 They will still bear fruit in old age, 👵 👴 they will stay fresh and green, 🙌 🙌🙌proclaiming, “The LORD is upright;he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him.” Without deep roots, when afflictions arise and pressure comes, you will fall away. (Matthew 13:21) 👎

Posted June 22, 2017 at 07:55AM CDT

Blessings In The Name Of Yeshua! A cloudy day with threats of severe thunderstorms later... I'm going for lunch with the ladies and then to Richmond to visit my kids... I love Thursdays, stormy or not. Daddy's out checking his cows and meandering around the farm.. 242 acres that he knows by heart as he's lived on it all of his life... except the time he was in the army during WWII.
Yesterday's meeting with the Congregational Leader, George and his wife Karen went well... they explained their position on some things and Liz and I explained ours... I think there are a thing or 2 we just agree to disagree on and let it go... it really is a personal thing between God and each person.
Susana M. Allen (Jalisco, Mexico), thank you for your scripture choice and the devotional for today. Without roots that run deep in Yehovah's Love we risk loosing hold of our Source of Strength... the best way for roots to grow deeper into the Soil of His Love is to 'feed' on the food of His Word... 'taste and see that The Lord is good', and drink deeply from the guiding stream of the Holy Spirit.
We are all blessed to BE a blessing to those God directs us to for the purpose of sharing His Good News.
We are all blessed to know we are only successful in sharing His Love, when we ourselves are steeped in it.
We are all blessed to know that anywhere we are is a mission field.
Cyber hugs {{{ :-) }}} to all who enter. We are each and every single one loved with a love that is individual, meeting each need as we come to in, yet so collective as to include all of us in the same armful of love, where He is holding each of us.

Posted June 22, 2017 at 07:55AM CDT
Comment by Gerald of Carlisle, PA

Susana, thank you so much for your devotional. Your love of Jesus Christ is manifested in your actions. Your group is commended for spreading the word of God.

Posted June 22, 2017 at 08:27AM CDT

Good Morning UR family and Susana thank you for the message and for your missionary work. Whether I am in a wet or dry season or somewhere in between I have to keep my eyes on Jesus knowing that he is walking and talking to me daily.
Kathy- Praying that the wedding is beautiful and all goes well without a hitch.
Sarah-Praying that you hear back soon form the state, keeping Albert and Lucy in my prayers.
Raynard- Praying for your exam and for Mary's shoulder.
Edd- Praying all goes well at the DDS.
Georgine-PTL that your sister 's results were negative. Praying for your relationship with your your brother and cousin.
Hoyte- Praying for Dave that he will make a full vision recovery.
Thank you for praying for my endoscopy tomorrow. Praying that I get an early appointment so that I can get it done since I can't eat or drink until after the procedure. Thank you for praying for Bill for travel mercies and for Jonathan, he called yesterday and they told him that there were no openings in the position that he had applied for , they said they were just collecting resumes. They did say that there may be a lower level position of working with addicts as a Behavior Health Technician which is is over qualified for , the lady said she will call him back . Please pray that they have something, this company, the company is awesome it not only does the drug counseling but it does college/ vocational education.
Praying for all of those in the wake of Cindy. Have a great day UR family!! and Thank your again for your prayers and support.

Posted June 22, 2017 at 08:43AM CDT

Sarah, beautiful description, 'spiritual roots', for what has been planted in we ones who call Jesus, Lord.
Amen, Edd, they are great examples of Kingdom work for the Lord.
Blessings, Beth, it is the caregivers of folks 'suffering from dementia' that have a almost impossible job at times. They always need our prayers and if possible, our encouragement.
Georgine, understand losing a ready post, I call it fingeritis, most common ailment. And your right, we plant the seeds the best we can possibly, lovingly do and the Lord takes over.
Kathy, you are in my prayers. Understand NOT wanting to get further away from your gkids. Pray your son's wedding will be a spiritual blessing to all.
George, lifting your prayers up. No job and or hurt knees require the Lord's attention for sure.
Rob, right, we need to meditate on His word. Dictionary say it well - 'meditate - verb reflect deeply on a subject; think intently and at length, as for spiritual purposes'.
merry, thank you and blessings.
Thank you for your seet words, Heidi, I always pray over my words that I say that they are what is 'good and acceptable to the Lord'.
monte, another insightful question - '‘How does that delight play out in our lives?’ '.
patricia, your prayer should be part of our prayers. We want to draw 'others' as the Lord would have us to do.
Sheila, ' between God and each person.' is where a great deal of life is.

Posted June 22, 2017 at 08:58AM CDT

Carmen, sweet Island sister, I am praying for you as you go for the second night of testing for sleep apnea. I pray your fears will be washed away with the loving comfort of Jesus. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as well as all of your family! Love to you!
Karen, I pray you will have good weather Saturday and all will be blessed! I pray our feelings of dry spells will end with a mighty flood of the spiritual River of Life! I love you, dear sister!
Joe, always look forward to seeing you open the chapel each morning! I pray all is good and loving in your life. You make me smile first thing in the morning! Love you, brother!
Sheila, enjoy your Thursday with friends and family! Glad to hear Daddy Paul is up and about on his farm. He was truly blessed to have it in the family for so long. Lots of rural small farmers have lost their farms. Blessings to you all! Love to you, dear sister! I remember you being here every day a few years ago when I needed spiritual healing. I thank you for helping me!
Heidi, dear one, I am praying for you and Brian as he makes it back to walking well again. I pray for you to have strength and courage for caregiving each day. Today is turning out to be a hard one. It just takes everything out of Ron to get dressed and drive 40 miles to the dr. He is sleeping now. Please know I think of you daily, sister!
Monte, I loved your comments today. I always like it when you go back and remind us of what golden nuggets of truth our community of believers has about the devotional. I feel like I get several devotionals a day here. Love to you and Carolyn, dear brother!

Posted June 22, 2017 at 10:47AM CDT
Comment by Elias of La Palma, CA

Susana M. Allen: Thank you for your devotional today. As I read the Scripture verses that you used for today’s devotional, I thought about how wonderful it is that God “HEMS” us in as BELIEVERS (Psalm 139:5) since we each come short of the Glory of God (Romans 3:23), and since the “RAIN” falls on the JUST and the unjust. (Matthew 5:45) I must admit, however, that your devotional left me with the feeling that your group is a self-preservation one; one that seeks to maintain itself spiritually fit, but in seclusion. At the risk of completely misunderstanding your mission from God, here’s why I see it this way.
I once belonged to a mens prayer group as a teenager, and I know how wonderful it is to assemble and gain strength, as Believers, in meetings such as yours. Having said that, Jesus did tell us that one of the two greatest Commandments is to LOVE our neighbor as our self. While it is great to understand that God LOVES us, it is also very important to understand that, unless we are PARTICIPATING in His LOVE with those around us, our Christian living won’t be worth much.
I mention this because I didn’t read anything that included the word LOVE for others. LOVE was merely used in one direction; that is, receiving it from God. Now, I understand that your prayers will be for others in the community and around the world, but what I am referring to is PARTICIPATING in God’s LOVE by GIVING To Others Without REQUIRING In Return. Our FAITH will be strengthen when we are deeply rooted in our LOVE for others.

Posted June 22, 2017 at 12:48PM CDT
Comment by Mike of Seattle, WA

Susanna such an apt message for today with terrible droughts and "burning," in the Southwest.
Also prayers for police /public relations in Seattle, where yesterday a young African American mother of three with mental issues was shot and killed here. I don't know how else to say it. Lots of marches scheduled today and tensions are rising. Please Lord help us make some sense out of this.

Posted June 22, 2017 at 01:08PM CDT
Comment by Terry of Dublin, OH

Thanks Suzanne for your message and reminding us our roots will never run dry as long as we nourish them with God’s love and presence each day. And yes, was stated by others it is a daily process, However, it is a process that yields a very high return rate, both here on earth and eternity. The more we allow God’s presence to come into our lives the deeper our roots. The deeper our roots, then better prepared we will be when the high winds blow during the stormy times in our lives. I pray each of us can work hard each day to bring more of God’s presence into our lives driving deeper our roots and holding us tight and secure during those tough times. I pray for all in need this day as requested by prayer

Posted June 22, 2017 at 02:01PM CDT
Comment by Willis of Jackson, TN

Good Afternoon UR Family: SUSANA--thanks for your work planting the seed, your work will bear fruit in the future. I am in a good season right now and just praise the LORD for all that HE has done for me.
We had another death in our congregation, keep the Baxter family in your prayers as ELEANOR died yesterday morning. Also asking prayers for TINA that went thru brain surgery and now has to have another surgery on her throat.
Praying for all needs that have been requested for and those that have been kept silent.
Praying for our Gov't. leaders that they make GODLY decisions.
Praying for all our Military and first responders that the LORD would keep them safe from harm.
I continue to ask for prayers for my wife JONE, she is having a bad day.
GOD IS LOVE!!!

Posted June 22, 2017 at 02:55PM CDT
Comment by Margaret of randallstown, MD

Susanna. Thank You God for your love!!!

Posted June 22, 2017 at 04:14PM CDT

cherie, what a sweet comment/compliment. We all make one another smile and shed a tear occasionally. Yes, I am doing fine, the Lord does so much for me. Love you sister.

Posted June 22, 2017 at 05:21PM CDT

Just got home. Praying for Kathy to make the correct job decision. Lord help Mike find new employment. Lord help Kathleen find a way the fix her hurt knee without insurance. PTL Elizabeth has no cancer. Praying Ron's appointment shows he has no infection, love you both Cherie. Lord help Dave with his eye that was injured by a nail. Traveling mercies for Shelia. Lord help Julie's endoscopy go quickly and be clear. Praying that Jonathan can find the employment he is seeking. Lord help Brian's walking improve and give Heidi strength to assist him. Lord give the Baxter family and friends peace and comfort in the loss of Elizabeth. Lord help Tina with her throat surgery so early after brain surgery. God is Love for All.

Posted June 22, 2017 at 08:03PM CDT