Our Father’s Strength

Thursday, March 26th, 2015

Read Job 42:1-6

View the March-April, 2015 Issue

Job replied to the Lord: “I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted.”

- Job 42:1-2 (NIV)

From the time I was five, wrestling with my dad was our ritual. He’d pin me; sometimes he let me win. As I grew, the struggles got more intense. When I was 13 I beat him, and I could tell that he had used all of his strength. I was elated — for about 30 seconds. As Dad walked quietly away, a feeling of sadness washed over me. I’m stronger than my dad. That’s not supposed to happen. If Dad’s not stronger than me, how can he be my authority and my protector?

Since the Garden of Eden, we’ve yearned to be smarter than God. In his desperation, Job came to that point. (See Job 10.) Job didn’t want to be greater than God, any more than I wanted to actually pin my dad. If I was stronger than Dad, then it seemed to me that my 13-year-old’s strength was all I had to rely on. Job wanted God to be his ultimate resource with the assurance that he was a child of God. “Before, you were only a theory to me,” Job was saying. “Now, I know that you are my ultimate reality.”

How reassuring it is to discover that our salvation does not lie in our own cleverness and strength! God’s power is a loving power in which we, like Job, become free to experience a peace and comfort that only God can give.

George A. Nye (Oregon, USA)

Thought for the Day: When we acknowledge God’s power, we can experience peace.

Prayer focusFathers And Sons

George, thank you, and is 'our salvation does not lie in our own cleverness and strength! ' so true and most fortunate for us. Nit pickers and bean counters that we are, we would make a web of confusion for ourselves and others that know their own sinful ways. How simple God made it for us - believe in his precious son, the Lord Jesus Christ and we will be saved. Jesus paid it all for us.

Posted March 25, 2015 at 07:47AM CDT
Comment by Tommie of Dayton, TN

Being a female growing up in a family of females (one mother, five girls), wrestling wasn't something we did very often. When I DID wrestle, it with my seven-years-older-than-me sister. She was a big baby (I thought then). I remember the time I overpowered her to tie her up so tightly, she yelled for Mother. Now she's gone and I miss her terribly.

The smell of fresh paint is in the air. It's a beautiful morning in Tennessee. Donna took me out for a short walk so I could see what she's been doing when she was "piddling". The storage shed she promised me is up! And it's much bigger than I thought it would be. It will hold all sorts of trash and treasures.

When Adam wrote his prayers, it was, I believe, Easter Sunday.
Comment by adam of Dublin, OH
Good Morning God and UR family. Your was awakened by the most powerful streaming rays of sunlight that fell upon my eyes this morning. Strong You presented Yourself to me. Carrying the same message as I went to praise You. Although the sun gave way to the mist of the morning and shrouded it from sight, You lingered with me. Comforting me in times of connecting praise and prayer. Your voice clear and loving in my ears. Knowing I will be with You all day in my heart is such a comfort. So as I prepare to attend church I do so with You. Calling on all my senses to experience the beauty of You in my life. I love and need You every moment of the day. Let us connect as the day travels on to night. I love You so much words fail where my heart grows stronger. Thank You for loving me, I praise the day You came into this empty life. Renewed and refreshed by You I will reach for You all of my days.
Posted March 25, 2012 at 08:28AM CDT
Comment by adam of Dublin, OH
Good Evening God and UR family. I am Jonni powerful worship today for me. So many great and deep connections with You all day. Can't wait to see You in the stars. You gave me a preview of Your beauty already with the alignment of the smiling moon framed by the brightest planets in our western sky. I just simply had to pause and draw near. Feel Your touch on my soul and anticipate the unfolding of another beautiful walk with You. As the time draws near I can't wait to hear Your voice in my souls ears. Stirring in me such passion and love. Touch me tonight with Your love. I cannot wait for the opportunity to share all I am with You. Knowing we will walk together soon I begin to prepare myself to hear all You have to say. Anxiously listening for Your love tonight. I love You so much more than I did even the day before. Until we meet tonight, I will be incomplete.
Posted March 25, 2012 at 07:50PM CDT
Comment by adam of Dublin, OH
Good Night God and UR family drawn back to You after our walk together tonight. I so want to be near You. As we walked and talked tonight I so hoped You heard my praise and song of love to You. I so need You in my life and I know You need me. When I am apart from You it creates such a void in my life. A longing to feel You near. So that is why it is so important to communicate my need for You always. I simply cannot get enough of Your love in my life. As I return from our walk and prepare to sleep, I place myself in Your forever arms and draw You near to me. The distance is narrowed, the sense that the world is empty leaves and my world brightens with Your radiant and marvelous light. I feel You warm and wonderful on my skin. You gently touch hand and raise it to touch Your cheek. The sensation of power and love is unlike any I have known before. No longer doubting how much You love me, just longing to show You in return. Filled with Your love, I wrap it around me tonight so that I may know the security and blessings You bring in my life. My final act of devotion to You is simply to say You are everything to me. Deeply loved, filled with Your life, sensing every breath You give, I am free to love You like no other. You are love to me and I am Yours. I love You
Posted March 25, 2012 at 10:49PM CDT

Posted March 25, 2015 at 08:42AM CDT

Good morning, everyone! Thank you, George, for your devotional this morning. Throughout my life’s experiences, I have found, beyond any doubt, that the Lord is smarter, stronger, and more powerful than I am. I need to trust in His wisdom and strength, not my own. When I trust in my own, I only make a mess of things.
GEORGINE of Italy - I am praising the Lord that He brought you through the severe medical crisis that you have had these past several months, the aneurysm, pneumonia, and hydrocephalus, and that there is no neurological or physical damage. I pray that He will continue to uphold and strengthen you, and bring you complete healing and recovery. * JENA of Columbus, OH - I am praying for you, that the Lord will bind Satan from any and all attacks he is using on you, and that you will be set free and delivered from his bondage. I pray that the Lord will uphold you and give you His peace.
VAJ of Winona, MS - I am praising the Lord with you that you got back a good report from that second mammogram, and that there was no suspicious abnormalities found! I am praying for your husband, who has fallen twice in the last week, and will be seeing a doctor on Monday. I pray that the Lord will give that doctor wisdom to know what has been causing this, and how best to treat your husband. I pray that the Lord brings him healing and gives you both strength and peace. * DAN - I am praying for Martin, that the Lord will bring him healing from all the various problems he has. I pray that the staff would be open with him and tell him more details of his condition and problems. I’m not understanding why he couldn’t have his wheelchair, but I pray that the Lord would work that situation out, and that He would give both Martin and you peace throughout his whole ordeal.
DON - I am in fervent prayer for you, that the Lord will provide for you the needed funds to get your car repaired. The Lord knows how much this costs, and that you need a car for work and all. The Lord owns the cattle on a thousand hills. (Psalm 50:10) I pray that He will sell one or two of them, and provide for you, His dear child, the money that you need. * JULIE of Delray Beach, FL - I am praying for your mother-in-law, as she went to the hospital Tuesday evening with chest pains. I pray that the Lord brings her healing, and there is nothing seriously wrong. I pray she is feeling better and is back home soon.
JK - I am praying for you as you travel back home from a time with family and friends, that the Lord will give you travel mercies. I pray for safety on the road, and good driving weather for you. I also liked what you said yesterday - that God already knows our situations, the good and bad, and our sharing in prayer includes Him in the equation. * GEORGE of Virginia Beach - I am praising the Lord that you have the date for family week, and can go out to LA to visit with Bethanne in the middle of April! I am continuing to hold her up in prayer, that she is making good progress with the eating disorder. I am also continuing in prayer for Annette, and all that she is going through, too.
MARILYN of Yukon, OK - I am continuing in prayer for your daughter, and her whole team, including Donna Lientz, that they will all do well on their testing. I pray that the Lord will uphold them as they study, and give them good success. I am also praying for your brother-in-law, George, who has an infected toe that won’t heal, and has diabetes. I pray that the new doctor they saw yesterday, was able to properly determine what is wrong and is able to treat it effectively. * MATT - I am praying for your son in LA, who is having music being considered for publication. I pray that it might be given good consideration, and indeed, be published. I pray that the Lord will continue to bring blessings to your son and his talent.
MARSHA of Brownwood, TX - I am praying for your daughter-in-law and her family, as there was a recent death in the family. I pray that the Lord will bring them comfort and peace during this time of sorrow. I am also praying that you have a good time with your grandson, Zakk, and that He will bring you both blessings. * BARB of Crown Point, IN - I am praising the Lord that it seems your husband got the management job, and just in time as some people are starting to be let go tomorrow. I pray that he will get the final news from HR soon.
PENNY of Midland, NC - I am praying for you as you have been battling a cold or flu for the past week or so. I pray that the Lord brings you healing, and that any remedies you may be taking will be effective in knocking that bug right out of you. I continue to pray for a good outcome with the court hearing about getting your share of your ex’s pension. * LEAH - I am praying that you had a safe trip while flying yesterday. I am also praying for the little boy you saw in a wheelchair in the airport, along with his mother. I pray that the Lord will meet all of their needs each day, and if they don’t know Him as Savior, they will hear the Gospel and accept His Gift.
KATHY of Reading, PA - I am praising the Lord that you arrived safely in Ohio, ready to start your new life there. I pray that everything will fall into place with your new apartment, and that the Lord will bless you with good success at your new job, too. * JAMES of Fayetteville, GA - Thank you for sharing that touching testimony of your son, Jonathan, who never made it out of the hospital when he was born 20 years ago, your anger at God, and His acceptance, forgiveness, lifting that weight off of your shoulders. May the Lord continue to bless you and your family.
PACKIA of New York - I am lifting in prayer your former classmate, Edith, who has cancer in her facial bones, loss of eyesight in one eye, slurred speech and severe pain. I pray that the Lord will bring her healing, and that the radiation and chemo she is starting will be effective in destroying every single part of cancer in her body. I pray that she will not have any bad effects of the treatments, and that He will give her relief from all pain. I am also praying that the Lord will uphold her as she has no family, and that her church family will be there as good support.
Thank you all for your prayers for me today as I go to court for this hearing. Knowing I have your prayer support means a lot.

Posted March 25, 2015 at 09:28PM CDT

Sarah I am praying (and prayed while driving) for your court situation. I hope it is a "breeze" and that you feel God's comfort. Immanuel. Thank you for the travel mercies. Felt and delivered as I drove just a few short(5) hours today to get a "head start" for tomorrow. George thank you for sharing Job and reminding us of God's almighty power. I have stopped to enjoy so much needed restorative slumber before hitting the road yet again. Blessings to one and all.

Posted March 25, 2015 at 09:40PM CDT
Comment by Jackie of San Antonio, TX

Hello UR family. George thanks for your wonderful devotional. It makes me think of my life. I know I'm not smarter than God. Thank goodness for something.

Praising God the prodigal cat returned home. Pumpkin met me at the kitchen door this morning. Scared me to death. But he's home. He had a lot to say but so did I. LOL

Shelia thank you for the reminder.
Raynard I love jazz and blues music. I really like all music. Not to crazy about rap.
Sarah praying for your court case tomorrow.
Dan of NC I was is your shoes about a year ago. Trying to decide if I wanted to continue to be a member of the quilt guild I'd help to start. I decided to leave the group. I need a break. I haven't been sorry. I'll go back one day but not now.
Don of MO we just got our trk out of the shop and it cost almost as much as your car repairs are costing. What happened to taking the bus? I think of those days.
Kathy praying your move goes well.
Tommie glad to hear your up and moving a little.
Georgian sometimes I don't know how good I have it until I heard about someone else's problems. Bless you.

Father God Thank you for our blessings. Lord hear our cries for help. Amen.

Posted March 25, 2015 at 10:32PM CDT
Comment by monte of laughlintown, PA

George, this is a nice devotion. I'm Monte's wife Carolyn...and he is asleep already (it's 12:45 pm here). I want to thank those of you who are following my Rethink Church Lenten photos. I just posted Week 6: https://carolynsonlinemagazine.wordpress.com/2015/03/26/rethink-church-lenten-photos-week-6/#more-1024
I also posted Lithuanian Palm Sunday traditions
Will post the final Lenten photos next Thursday.
Monte will be here shortly. Carolyn Cornell Holland

Posted March 25, 2015 at 11:46PM CDT
Comment by Bruce of Holiston, MA

Ideal blog site for me! It consists of wonderful material reading and amazing insight you have on this topic.
Please Visit: http://www.desireleather.com/product/new-hugh-jackman-x-men-wolverine-jacket-2014/

Posted March 26, 2015 at 12:47AM CDT
Comment by Jimmie of Chester, VA

Good morning to all. Happy Thursday! Thank you for your devotional, George. It's always good to be reminded of God's strength. Thanks again. Happy birthday and anniversary to everyone clebrating on March 26, 2015. "Happy are those who find wisdom, and those who get understanding. . ." (Proverbs 3:13),

Posted March 26, 2015 at 02:06AM CDT
Comment by monte of laughlintown, PA

George, your words and thoughts complement the Job reading so well. I appreciate the prayer you offer: O God, help us to remember that our achievements matter only when your power resides in us. Amen.
Your story is timely for me, a former wrestler, as the NCAA Division I wrestling championships just were held last weekend. (Yes, there is more than March Madness going on at the collegiate ranks!!) Watching the skill and dedication of those athletes is uplifting, and yet your prayer applies equally well for all of those participants.
Special prayers for Sarah this day. God be with you.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 03:21AM CDT

Praises for Immanuel as I venture out onto the highways again today. Foggy conditions are forecast, but it looks clear to me. Blessings to all and Sarah I hope you feel peace today as you go to the court "proceedings".

Posted March 26, 2015 at 04:41AM CDT
Comment by Ed of Carolina Beach, NC

Sarah, the Lord be with you today.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 04:43AM CDT

George, thank you for the reading and reminder that God is all powerful. Sarah, praying for you as you go to court today. Leah, travel mercies for you, and joining you in prayer for the little boy in the wheelchair and his family. Penny, praying for recovery from the cold or flu you have had, and relief from your RA. Kim, joining you in prayer for the tnbc sisters dealing with cancer. James, thanks for your testament of faith, how hard that must have been. Packia, good to see your post, and prayers for Edith. Sheila, thanks for continuing the countdown and your perspective on people throwing out trash not having self respect. I remember years ago my sponsor telling me I was not capable of loving anyone else because I did not love myself. Jena, praying for your protection and i admire you praying for others with all you have to deal with. Elias, thank you for the example of how complaining involves faith, I like how you keep things simple. JK, travel mercies for you. Jackie, glad pumpkin returned and thanks for the humor. Chris, I so agree with your thoughts on how when we hold in those feelings it makes us sick. Praises for all needs met, and prayers for all needs spoken or unspoken. Have a blessed day!

Posted March 26, 2015 at 05:04AM CDT
Comment by Louise

Prayers, please, for my husband as he has eye surgery today. May the surgeon have steady hands and a strong mind.
Prayers for all needs, spoken and unspoken.
Have a blessed day UR family.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 05:07AM CDT
Comment by panzarona of jamaica, NY

Good Morning . Gorge thank you for reminding us of just how strong and powerful God is . Sarah may God be with you today in the court room . I pray he will show himself Mighty and Strong on your behalf . Praising and thanking God for all the reports of healing . For those who are sick , in the hospital, taking chemo or radiation I pray the Healing Balms of Gilead . My heart goes out to those families who lost loved ones in the Germanwings plane crash . I have a dear friend who is seventeen hours away from home ( by plane ) right now . I pray for her , her daughters return and the whole travel group . Protection while they are abroad and praying for a safe return home . Travelling mercies to all today no matter what the mode of transport , in the name of Jesus . I pray God will come and see about all here at the Upper Room today . For all concerns prayed about , whispered with a heart breaking , called out in a loud voice to heaven and for those needs so heavy all one can do is groan and moan. I pray God will grant you peace and bless you more than you could have ever imagined . Adam I so enjoyed the nightly prayer posted by you yesterday . God's Blessing to you . I pray you are well . Blessed Safe Thursday to everyone .

Posted March 26, 2015 at 05:16AM CDT
Comment by Terry of Fredericksburg, VA

Good morning UR Family, thank you George for the wonderful devotional. Sarah I am praying for you today for your court situation. Prayers for spoken and unspoken needs today and everyday. Everyone have a blessed day.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 05:24AM CDT
Comment by raynard of newark, DE

Good Morning U.R Family. " Before I get in " Rush Mode/ Honey" I shrunk the Little Dogs of ours" Louise you are in my prayers as we speak. Jackie forgot to mention my older sister who lives where Kathy just moved from , Reading P.A is a " cat connoisseur" . When our late mom was alive, she gave 2 of her cats to her possible to replace one named" Midnight" that " exited stage left" when someone left the front door open.. Now let me get out of 'I got the'Yogi Bear theme song stuck in my head" I digress. Thank you George for your devotional. A older sister of mine now living in Florida was my " Incredible Hulk with anger management issues" wrestling partner.. I felt like" the 100 pound weakling at the beach minus " the sand " Felt the same way spiritually when I was over in Iraq singing" Nowhere to run, Nowhere to hide( Cant swim , no boat" the ocean was" too much water to drink".." So I " tried to cop a plea with God, thinking" If "Perry Mason " never lost a case and "If Matlock took his suits to" the chinese laundry to get those wrinkles out". I digress.. Today at work a few co workers of mine are having" Throwback Thursday. We are bringing in lunch in " brown paper bags and some candy from when we grew up during the 60's and 70's.. " I better " watch out for the " Cavity Creeps and 'Yuk Mouth with some Crest toothpaste or "I'll be like" That Crying Indian as people throw trash , Wait! You get tickets for that . lol Going to be 70 degrees today with some rain. Prayers going out to each and every spoken and unspoken request. Be blessed and encourage everyone and have a great day..

Posted March 26, 2015 at 05:34AM CDT
Comment by Susan of Plymouth, MN

Good morning, all! Thank you, George, for your message. It was especially timely for me today, as my friend Roy just lost his father, and I've been searching for something comforting to say. I am one of the few fortunates along my peers that still have both parents, so it was very helpful to read your perspective.
What a scary concept, thinking that our weak strength and feeble wisdom would be all that we'd have to rely on. But Glory to God, we have Him!

Posted March 26, 2015 at 05:40AM CDT
Comment by Penny of Midland, NC

George, thank you for this devotional....I needed to read this today as I seem to be losing faith that I'm worthy of His love. I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, yet I'm trying so hard to live for the Lord....but I keep getting 'curve balls' thrown at me. Due to the mistakes I've made in my life, I'm not surprised...yet when good things happen, I feel unworthy. I pray that I can overcome my guilt and let the Lord in my heart fully and completely.
SARAH....I'm praying for you and your son as well with your court situation and everything that challenges you. God Bless you SARAH....And thank you for your prayers.
Prayers for everyone here. Have a beautiful day.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 05:42AM CDT

Good morning UR Family, thank you George for the wonderful devotional. Being the only girl and having two brothers I did not get involved in wrestling. However I wrestle with the daily up and downs of life just like everyone else and I PTL that He is with me daily.
Louise-Praying for your husband's eye surgery. That all goes well and that he heals completely.
Sarah-Praying for your court appearance today that all goes well.
Kathy-Praying for travel mercies as you continue your journey to Ohio.
Thank you for keeping my mom in your prayers she is doing much better. Thank you also for praying for my MIL . She is still in the hospital ,they think it may be congestive heart failure.
Praying for all on the list spoken or not.
Today is day 2 of state testing for us. so off to work I go. Have a terrific Thursday UR family.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 05:59AM CDT

George, thank you for this devotion, and for reminding us of the reality: Unless God is far bigger and more powerful than we are, He will not be much help to us in our times of trouble. Doubts related to the Power and nature of God are common in mankind, from the time they are children in early elementary school, until they are old. Our culture is in a place, where people like to believe, through science we can understand everything we experience in life. If we can't explain something, like a 'God' who can create a Universe from nothing with a single Word, or can bring people back to life, or make a donkey talk, it didn't REALLY happen. To become a person of faith, I had to be struck by the immensity of God's Power and mystery. If the God of scripture, as you read about all His elements, is not much bigger than your imagination, you are in serious trouble. SELAH; think about this.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 06:04AM CDT

Martin is now in the ICU in restraints, and we (he and I) still don't know where this is headed or what information has caused them to keep him this long. He has been sleepless and in pain for years, so this is not necessarily a bad thing, but from the standpoint of hope and helping create a positive attitude in the patient, this secrecy isn't helping. Prayers for his health, and for my attempts to find communication.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 06:08AM CDT
Comment by Jo of Pensacola, FL

Good morning to all here in the UR chapel. I visit daily but rarely post anything. I do pray for each of you and today want to let Sarah know that I am praying for her as she goes to court. Never a fun thing. God is with you Sarah! Love and peace to all.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 06:15AM CDT
Comment by Laura

George - your devotional is most powerful and compelling - thank you for this!
Safety and blessings on Sarah's day! All is well!
Blessings!!!

Posted March 26, 2015 at 06:21AM CDT
Comment by Francis of Hideaway, TX

Since retirement, my wife, Jeanine, has taken up several hobbies. One of those is painting on canvas. She had several free hours late yesterday afternoon and I was pleased to see her working on a picture of the crosses on Calvary. It will be great to have the picture, but the real joy for me is her desire to paint her interpretation of this scene. It shows to me her personal relationship with our Lord and her desire to proclaim in paint, God's love, grace, and mercy. PTL!
Sarah. Continuing prayers for you, Sarah, and Albert.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 06:30AM CDT

Good morning, my friends, George, welcome to the UR family. thank you for your devotional contribution. Although there are times when we think that we can do everything ourselves, we should know better. Our successes are due to the help of the Lord and we have ourseves to blame for our failures. Tommie, sounds like you are doing better every day now. I praise the Lord for that and pray that He will continue your healing. Sarah, I pray that your day in court is a success. I also praise the Lord that I have a friend who is going to help me to pay for my car repairs. We have been friends for over 50 years and I thank the Lord for that friendship. All that I have to do is to get the costs to her and she will take care of them. I intend to see the people at the repair shop today to be sure that there is nothing further amiss with my car. I hope to have it back before Easter. May the Lord bless my friend in all that she does. I offer my prayers for all of the needs of others, whether spoken or unspoken today. May the Good Lord bless and keep each of us safe in His arms today and forevermore. Praise the Lord!!

Posted March 26, 2015 at 06:39AM CDT
Comment by Dawn of Rogers, AR

George, thank you for your insightful devotion. We all need God's strength and wisdom. I request prayers for my family as Mom decides where to live as she ages. JACKIE, so glad Pimpkin came home😻
SARAH, I am praying for you as you go to court today. May God be with you and Jesus be your advocate. May God give you the words to say and may His Holy Spirit strengthen and encourage you..

Posted March 26, 2015 at 06:47AM CDT
Comment by Nell

George, thank you for your devotional today. It reminds me of the Gaither song "without Him I could do nothing" SARAH, praying for you today - I'm wearing blue

George, thank you for your devotional today. Reminds me of the song that says "Without Him I could do nothing". SARAH, thank you for your prayers and support to our UR family. Many are supporting you this day! I'm wearing my blue already! Blessings to everyone on this UR site and to others, especially those who stand up for our country - serving in the military, firefighters, medical people , those who make sacrifices every day.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 06:56AM CDT
Comment by Nell

My computer seems to be unhappy today and is misbehaving = I have those days too!

Posted March 26, 2015 at 06:58AM CDT
Comment by Carolyn of H, WI

UR Family, May peace be with all today. Prayers for all spoken and unspoken joys and concerns. O Lord, especially bless and comfort Sarah, Lucy and Albert today. Amen.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 07:04AM CDT

Good morning all keep the faith and may the Lord bless all of you. Sarah we are all praying for you today keep your chin up. Praise the Lord!!! George, thanks for the scripture and your devotional. This verse "I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted." made me stop fighting becoming a Christian way back a few years ago. (becoming 70 April 3) When I realized God had a purpose for my life as the verse says I accepted Jesus Christ and my life changed forever. When that moment happens you change inside and a lot of things become more relaxing as you accomplish them with the power of God helping out. The way I always keep God's power foremost in my mind is this sentence could end before I want it to because God could pluck me out of this chair if He desired without hurting me for whatever purpose He desired. Now that's power! Praying all the UR Family has a blessed day with the healing hands and love of God touching all who are in need. God is Love!!! Edd of Ocala, FL.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 07:10AM CDT
Comment by Brian of Amarillo, TX

George thank you for the devotional reading. It is comforting to know I worship a God whose strength is immeasurable; yet, loves us so much. SARAH lifting you in prayer today. Have a blessed day UR Family.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 07:23AM CDT
Comment by Allison of San Antonio, TX

Sarah, my prayers are with you today as well as all in the Upper Room family. May all needs be met and God receive the glory. This is the day hat the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 07:29AM CDT
Comment by Sandra of Summerville, SC

Good morning everyone! Thank you George for your devotional. It is so good to know that God is wiser and stronger than us. I will always depend and rely on him for guidance and to give me the strength to go on in my struggles and shortcomings.. He brings me peace and joy everyday and I thank him for it. Sarah, I am praying for you as you go to court today. Praying that the outcome will be in your favor. Prayers and blessings to everyone today!!!

Posted March 26, 2015 at 07:30AM CDT
Comment by Kathy of Reading, PA

Good Morning UR family, George, thank you for the devotional today. I know I need to go to God first. Why do I think I can handle things on my own? Sarah, I am praying for you today. I wish I could be there in person for you. Tommie, I am glad you were outside yesterday. It was beautiful here in Ohio. The sun was shining and the boys and I were outside a good part of the day. Don, praises for you that a friend is going to help you. Dan, I am praying for Martin. Julie, I liked the first part of your comment. I, too, had two brothers. My life has been ups and downs too. Penny, I agree with you too. I would have thought by now I would have learned my lesson. George, I am praying for Bethanne. She will be home soon:) Jackie, I am so glad Pumpkin is home. I love cats and can't wait to see mine tomorrow. So, the rest of my stuff arrives tomorrow. I am signing my new lease today. The job I came out here for fell through yesterday. I was in a panic. I had a phone interview on Tuesday with Buckeye Health working in Customer service. This job is being offered through another temp agency. I found out yesterday that I did get that job:) PTL. I was so relieved but I don't start there until April 6th. Please pray that my funds stretch.........Thank you all for praying for the move. My grandkids are so happy to have Grams back. Praying for all unspoken and spoken needs this beautiful, rainy day in Ohio.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 07:32AM CDT

Goodmorning UR family. Thank you George for your devotion. The story of Job is always good to hear. Sarah, Albert and Lucy may the peace of God which transcends all human understandings enshroud you especially today. Go in His might. Prayers and praises to our God. Amen. Have a blessed and lovely day everyone.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 07:40AM CDT

Posted March 26, 2015 at 07:40AM CDT
Comment by Lily of Palmyra, NJ

Good morning UR family! Thank you George for your devotion. I especially liked your prayer, I really need to claim the power that God provides and experience the peace that can only come from Him.
I was offered the job at the car dealership before I left for my trip to NC. I returned home last evening, so I've had several days to decide if this job is for me. Im very fearful of failing and feeling somewhat inadequate, in a field I know little about - "cars" - I will have to study the product line extra hard to even come close to knowing what most of my coworkers already know. I was actually trying to get out of sales, but the other places I applied, did not offer me a job. I haven't been still enough to hear from God about this position, so today I will be in prayer waiting to hear from God. Tomorrow I'm suppose to go for all the pre job screening. I know it sounds crazy...I should be estatic & I'm not :(
My trip went well, thanks for all your prayers. It was wonderful being with my family.
My prayers are with you Sarah, as you go to court today concerning your ex, I pray the Lord will have you benefit just for showing. My continued prayers for all. ♡

Posted March 26, 2015 at 07:50AM CDT
Comment by Mary of Cape canaveral, FL

Sarah, many prayers headed your way today.
Many thanks to all who are praying for my son Brian. Today he meets with the man whose house he entered hopefully the man (justin) will have good news from the police to share with Brian. If not I prayer we have the strength to deal with the consequences
I'm praying for everyone's requests

Posted March 26, 2015 at 07:55AM CDT
Comment by Mary of Cape canaveral, FL

Sarah, many prayers headed your way today.
I'm praying for everyone's requests

Posted March 26, 2015 at 08:01AM CDT
Comment by Sharon J. of North Las Vegas, NV

His Strength Is Perfect CeCe Winans

Posted March 26, 2015 at 08:07AM CDT

Good morning UR Family and George thank you for the devotion this morning. I know when I ask God to take my needs and take care of me and then I turn around and take them back only to make a bigger wreck of my life. There was a Wonderful prayer from Adam last night, I only wished I had read it before going to bed last night. Adam's prayers are so vivid and I can feel the touch of my God right beside me. Sarah, I have been praying for your this morning and will continue to pray through the day, let the love and peace of God be with you through this ordeal. JK, safe travels for the last leg of your trip home. Jackie, happy to know that your 'Pumpkin' returned home. Prayers and praise of joy for all answered prayers and for needs we bring here for prayer. Praise Be To God. "ASK"

Posted March 26, 2015 at 08:08AM CDT
Comment by Debra of Augusta, KY

I thought your reflections were spot on. However, I would have liked to see an acknowledgment that despite their fact your brute force was stronger than your dad's, you knew he was still your protector and your biggest earthly defender and would be until the day he died. I guess I am always looking for happy endings. I guess I wanted to see the smile come back on your dad's heart.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 08:10AM CDT

I'm praying for your decision Lily. Go to the pre job screening and see how you feel. God will guide you. Maybe it's all the stress you have had that is giving you this mood. You do sound emotionally worn out. Take comfort that we are praying for you.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 08:10AM CDT
Comment by Donna of Seguin, TX

George - wonderful devotional. When I think of God's strength & my own weaknesses, I think of His powerful, loving & supportive arms wrapping around me with His love. God is all powerful - He can do all things. What is so wonderful though is that He does all these wonderful things & shows His power only through His deep love for us. How blessed I feel each minute whenI think about God's love, patience with me and His strength. He is the only one we all can count on & have assurances that He will be here for us no matter what. God is good all of the time.....All of the time God is good!!! Sarah - praying for your day in Court-may the Lord give you His strength and also show you His love while you are going through this-He knows how you feel and knows that whatever the results, it is for the best. Just remember that our Father is with you through the entire procedure & that He will help it come to the best conclusion; Tommie - I am thankful to the Lord that you had a good day & were able to get outside. His world is a beautiful place to be; Jackie - so glad your kitty came home; Louise - I am praying for your husband's eye surgery. May the Lord be with him & the surgeons performing the surgery & help them to do best they can; Penny - just trust in the Lord and remember that you are worthy in His eyes all of the time; Dan - I am praying for Martin and that the doctors will at least be honest enough to explain what is going on; Kathy of Reading - Congratulations on getting the job; Lily - praying for the Lord to guide you to the best job for you. And lastly - praying for everyone in the UR family: May the Lord bless you & keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you & be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, And bring you Peace. In the name of the Father, the Son & the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 08:15AM CDT
Comment by Catherine of Midlothian , TX

Good morning, UR family,
I am praying for all prayer requests as I drive around in my car.
Sarah, I am especially praying for you today with your court hearing.
Our son was suddenly layed off yesterday, so he is in need of a job in food service,he is a chef. I think the company is not doing too well.
 He and my DIL are expecting #2 baby on April 30th, so he really needs a job.
Thanks for your prayers for my husband, still waiting for a call back from the company he applied to.
Have a blessed day.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 08:19AM CDT
Comment by Linda of Madison, AL

Sarah, we're all praying for you today.
Also prayers for anyone who is dealing with a court situation. It is both overwhelming and frightening.
Georgine, so good to see your post yesterday. After riding the roller coaster of life and death, it is very normal to feel depression at the end of the tunnel. When you're in the middle of a crisis, you are focused on the now and coping with every day. When the worst is over is when the reaction sets in.
I've had a bit of an allergy/cold, praises that it's not been too bad. Maybe rain today will help. It may be the weed and feed everyone is dumping on their lawns. When I take the dog for a walk, all I smell is chemicals.
Praises that my brother's cataract surgery went well. He is back on the road today with his wife driving. His work territory covers 2 states. Prayers for all with eye problems.
Good Bless everyone today.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 08:22AM CDT
Comment by Earl of Paducah, KY

George, that was the greatest incite about God and our relationship with God that I've heard in a very long time. Thank you!

Posted March 26, 2015 at 08:35AM CDT
Comment by Earl of Paducah, KY

p.s. My dentist woke me this morning by texting me about this devotion. He called it a "God-moment."

Posted March 26, 2015 at 08:36AM CDT
Comment by Karin

The realization your parent(s) are only human and do age with time, sometimes it seems right before your eyes, is very overwhelming. Yet, there is comfort in knowing Jesus never changes.
Keep the Faith!

Posted March 26, 2015 at 08:40AM CDT
Comment by Brent of West Monroe, LA

Good morning everyone and thank you George for the wonderful devotional today. Thank the Lord for being with us at all times, good or bad. His strength will carry us through the storms of life. Sarah praying that everything will be favorable for you in court today. Have a wonderful and blessed day everyone. Be Safe and God Bless!

Posted March 26, 2015 at 08:47AM CDT
Comment by Matt

George A. Nye, Oh my gosh does this sound familiar. I have a bunch of brothers & no sisters. My dad used to clear back the living room furniture & let us wrestle, we loved it. We were all scrappers but praise God, we are all best friends. Mom ruled the roost including Dad. I never challenged him in wrestling but at about 12 or 13 I could out run him. I remember looking at my dad differently but gave him the respect he demanded & deserved. I praise God for my Christian parents, Thank You Jesus

Posted March 26, 2015 at 08:54AM CDT
Comment by Donna of San Marcos, TX

Good morning dear UR family! George, thank you for the devotion and the scripture from Job. It is so comforting that we have a God, Creator and Savior that is all powerful and LOVES us! And, he has given us life that we may live it with uniqueness. Each of us is different and alike at the same time, just one of the wonderful mysteries from our Lord. This morning I ask prayer for my prayer partner's mom, Wava. She was taken to the hospital in congestive heart failure yesterday. Wava, Wilma and my Mom are all in their mid 90's and my two prayer partners and I take our mothers out for lunch every Mother's Day since they all moved in with us. The point is that we are all close because not everyone has this precious situation of having our mothers this long, and when one of them gets sick we all "circle up" and pray for them. I also ask prayer for an acquaintance who killed herself on Monday. It hurts my heart that so much pain is in this world, and often just down the street. Dear Lord, please bring comfort to your people who are hurting and sick, in need, and especially those you have sent for us to comfort. Give us wisdom to know how to minister to them. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 08:55AM CDT
Comment by Matt

Also when my two boys were young they loved to wrestle with me & I would let them, it was great fun. My little girl thought she needed to get into the action too, I let her but had to be much more gentle with her. I was teaching them to defend themselves and that they were stronger than they thought they were. I am still trying to teach them how to wrestle with the devil & win through Christ Jesus.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 09:01AM CDT
Comment by Willis of Jackson, TN

Good Morning UR Family: GEORGE NYE--thanks for the great devotional, my son's best friend in high school had a last name of NYE. My step-father who was a bully was always showing my younger brother and I how strong he was by wrestling with us. He was an iron worker on oil drilling rigs. We never bested him, but we also never felt like he was protecting us. When I came back to the LORD I found that peace and understanding of what it felt like to be able to rely on some one stronger than me. HE has given me strength to rely on HIM and accept HIS love and forgiveness.
TOMMIE--the date of ADAM's post was not Easter, in 2012 it was on April 8.
GEORGINE--it is so good to see you back, I know you have been back for a couple of weeks, but my first acknowledgement of it. Praise the LORD that HE saw you through all your physical problems and your faith is still very strong.
SARAH and PENNY--praying for the best outcome of your court date today. May JESUS walk beside you and let the HOLY SPIRIT guide your words and take the anger and hurt from your heart as you face your exes.
MARY of Cape Canaveral--praying for Brian, my best friend before he moved here lived in NC, he woke up in the middle of the night and there was a young man in his kitchen that had broken in. My friend had a shot gun and almost shot him. Come to find out one of the young mans friends had slipped him a drug and he thought he was at a friends home and needed to go to the bathroom. My friend dropped the charges, police did not charge him since there was no complaint and the young man went on to become very productive in life and helped the less fortunate, when he could have been dead. Praying Brian does the same, and his life is turned around.
PRAYING for all needs on this loving UR site.
GOD IS LOVE!!!

Posted March 26, 2015 at 09:08AM CDT
Comment by Michele of Grove City, PA

George, Amen! Thank you for sharing your story. Praise the Lord for His strength! I know that I will be drawing on it today as I move through this busy day.

God bless.

Michele

Posted March 26, 2015 at 09:10AM CDT
Comment by cherie of perryville, AR

Thank you George for reminding me of just how mighty is our Lord!!! I fail often when I go it alone. Sarah, you are in my prayers for court today. I have all the prayer requests in my heart. Everyone have a beautiful day!! Love and Light

Posted March 26, 2015 at 09:10AM CDT
Comment by Matt

Penny of Midland, NC, we put the limits on God in our minds, His' love is unconditional. If we as flawed beings can love & forgive, How much more can our Heavenly Father do this & much, much more? Your sins are removed from Him as far as the East ids from the West. He promised this, He has written your name on His hand. The Bible is His love story to you

Posted March 26, 2015 at 09:14AM CDT
Comment by Lily of Palmyra, NJ

Posted March 26, 2015 at 09:17AM CDT
Comment by Elias of La Palma, CA

George A. Nye: Thank you for your devotional today. While I agree with you in principle, I have a slightly different point of view. As young teenagers, our thinking is generally shallow because we base our conclusions on that which is physical. I'm not sure, however, that many of us yearn to be smarter than God. Quite a few people, don't KNOW God or care about Him. They just want to do things their own way for the sake of self worth.
KNOWING God's LOVE is what gives us the ultimate POWER that we need to succeed in life. It is WHEN WE Give To Those Around Us Without Requiring In Return that we begin to understand God's LOVE.
I agree that doing things God's way is our best chance for success, but our achievements matter only IF they are coupled with LOVE.
In regards to your Thought For The Day, I say that TRUSTING in the Lord is what gives us peace, because even the demons know God's power, but they tremble.(James 2:19)
***
Jena of Columbus: Thank you for your comment to me yesterday, and for your wonderful prayer! May God bless you with ever increasing LOVE!

Posted March 26, 2015 at 09:27AM CDT

Thank you good for being bigger than all our problems. Thank you for the reminders that we cannot go through this life without you. We look to your strength daily. Even when we think we can do it on our own, we still need you. Thank you that when we fall, you pick us up (without that "told you so" attitude. Lord be with Sarah today as she goes to court. Calm her fears. Be with Martin. Give his doctors wisdom ... and compassion. Lord, we missed Jena today. Hide her under your wings of protection. Bring her to a safe place where she can get some help. Be with me today as I continue to heal. Thank you for protection from the storms last night. Comfort those who lost their homes or loved ones. Use me for your glory. IJN Amen.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 09:34AM CDT
Comment by Mike of Jamestown, KY

George Thank You.

Sarah the Holy Spirit will be with you! PTL for all answered prayers.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 09:58AM CDT
Comment by Mike of Seattle, WA

Thankyou George for your devotional. Strength is one thing, there is also the love of the mother, gentle in nature like a summer rain.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 11:15AM CDT
Comment by Brenda of Newport News, VA

Thank you Geroge for your devotional ! When I feel that everything is out of control I realize that the great I AM is but a prayer away and can't do nothing without him ! Believing that the Lord has his angels camp aroun Sarah !!! Praying for all spoke and unspoken prayers ! For all who have lost family members in plane crashes , tornadoes , floods , nature disasters and all needs , healing , jobs , housing , and deliverance from unclean spirits ! In the name of Jesus ! God blessing to all !

Posted March 26, 2015 at 11:25AM CDT
Comment by packia of New York, NY

There are many things in life I do not understand. Wrestling of father with son or sons. I see that more often than I like to by my son and the grandsons. I like the way today's devotion is linked to that. I wish and pray that the essence of this devotion is realized by all specially sons and fathers. Thank you George.
    Another thing that I do not understand is the behavior of cats. How they come back like the prodigal son did. I am happy for you Jackie that Pumpkin returned. When I was growing up our family's beloved cat behaved the same way more than once and always had a pleasant welcome.
     Those who praying for Edith my friend, Thanks. My attempts By phone calls to get information on her condition was futile. We will continue to uphold her in-prayers.
      May our Lord be with each one and hear all our prayers.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 11:32AM CDT

32 days... almost down to one month till Bethanne gets to come home to George.
Sarah, I'm in my blue today. Praises are going up for what Papa is going to do in the courtroom today! Whoohoo, I can hardly wait to find out what it is!
George A. Nye (Oregon, USA), thank you for your devotional and scriptures. The struggle for 'power' between teens and parents has been around since Adam and Eve... it's sometimes a very difficult struggle, sometimes just a minor struggle... but it's set up that way, in our being... to help bring about the 'wings' by which the young ones fly the nest. It's hard on parents to realize their 'child' doesn't need them anymore, is 'stronger' than they are, is becoming more and more independent. It is as it should be, for the earthly walk. But there are times when in our spiritual walk we get that 'I do it myself, Daddy.' attitude and He stands back and lets us 'do it our selves', but He doesn't abandon us... He's always just in the background waiting for us to turn and see Him, and walk back to Him with His arms stretched out wide to take us in His embrace and just love us. That's a parents role... to let go, realize our 'child' isn't a child any more and let them go and live their lives, trusting that we've raised them well enough to make it on their own... with God. And trust that they have learned through watching our lives that God IS there for them when they need a little more than they've got on their own, whatever the 'more' might be... wisdom, patience, God focused love for the 'neighbor' who's obnoxious or who might try to take advantage of said 'child'... etc. It's a bit hard, this letting go. I have spent a lot of years taking care of Rick, and gradually letting go of the 'parental' role and let him be the adult he is. But knowing the world has people in it who take advantage of some who appear weaker... children, elderly, wheelchair bound/disabled, has made it a little harder for me and I'm sure other parents like me who have grown children with challenges. We just have to trust God and let go and be there to emotionally support them as they venture into unknown territory where they may be hurt and manipulated by others. It boils down to just trusting God and the 'child'.
Jackie of San Antonio, TX, Whoohoo! Pumpkin's home! So happy for both of you.
Louise, praises going up for the surgery going well, as God already sees it!
Susan of Plymouth, MN, prayers are lifted for your friend Roy and his family in the loss of his dad, and for you as you help him through his grief.
Penny of Midland, NC, sweetie, of course you are 'worthy' of God's love.... He loves us no matter what we have done in life... He loves us when we mess up, He loves us when we do good, He loves us ALL the time... it is up to us to RECEIVE His love. When Christ hung on that cross, He thought of YOU, even though you, your parents, grandparents, great-grandparents and so on were not even born yet... He thought of you and chose to die for you... HE though you were worth dying for... since you've received Him as Savior and Lord of your heart... God sees you as washed in the blood of His Son, and therefore deemed 'worthy' in His eyes... all you have to do is love yourself enough to receive it.
Holy and Loving Father, we come to you on behalf of Penny right now. Papa, you know what it is that has occurred in her life that has her feeling she is not 'worthy' of Your love and You know how to help her see those occurrences in the Light of Your Truth and You know how to bring healing to her wounded heart. Help her learn to love herself the way You want her to. Guide her and give her wisdom and courage. Help her to know that spiritual growth only comes through dealing with life. But help her also know that You are WITH her, You LOVE her, and You will get her through whatever hardships she may be going through. Help her to dig into Your Word and find the wisdom and peace she needs. IJNA And NOW, Penny, begins the praise for how Papa will answer! He LOVES you so very much.... and so do we!
Julie of Delray Beach, FL, LOL... thanks for the ear-worm song.... now I've got the Dwarfs singing "Hi ho, Hi ho.... running through my brain! Praises lifted for a successful 2nd day of testing, knowing God already sees what we do not yet see... but believe!
Dan of Summerfield, NC, AMEN to your comment... and the SELAH... think about this.... or as I've read it... 'think on these things'. I'm so sorry Martin is in restraints.... Papa God, please shine Your Light of Truth on this situation and help Dan be able to be an advocate for Martin so the 'patient privacy' laws are in compliance.
Linda of Madison, AL, Whoohoo for your brother's eye surgery going well and that his wife can be available to drive him around for his job.
Don of Ozark, MO, praises going up for your friend and her generosity in helping get your car fixed! Whoohoo for good friends and Whoohoo for how God works out the details of our needs.
Dawn of Rogers, AR, prayers for family wisdom as decisions for your Mom living arrangements as she ages are being made. And NOW begins the praise for how God directs the right solution!
Lily of Palmyra, NJ, Whoohoo for safe return and Whoohoo for your new job possibility... God will help you in your decision.... just seek wisdom from Him. Sometimes we are called to do something that is so totally outside our comfort zone... but that might be just where God wants us so that we have to rely on Him to guide and help us accomplish the task at hand. If it's something He wants you to do, He will help you learn what you need to for the job.
Mary of Cape Canaveral, FL prayers for Brian have been lifted... believing in what we can't see just yet but trusting in God for what He knows is best, we NOW lift praises!
Sharon J. of North Las Vegas, NV, thank you for the beautiful song.
Linda of West Point, VA, we all struggle at times with giving things to God then taking it back... it's that 'I do it myself, Daddy' thing I mentioned earlier. Thankfully the older we get the fewer times those happen because we learn and grow in the spiritual understanding that we can't do it as good as He can.
Earl of Paducah, KY, hello 'fellow Kentuckian'... that's some dentist you've got there... texting you with a devotional!
Karin, I went to the web link and all that showed up was a blog for WordPress 2015 and another blog site about plants but no hymns.
Donna of San Marcos, TX, prayers for Wava are lifted and now Praises for God's answer... and prayers for the family of the acquaintance who committed suicide Monday. So much sadness and hopelessness in this world today... heartbreaking when it doesn't have to be this way because God is all around us... if we CHOOSE to see and hear Him... He gives hope, peace, love... all the things the hopeless are searching for.
Matt, what a blessing to have had God loving parents who passed down that teaching and that you have passed it down to your children. So blessed. :-)
Willis of Jackson, TN, praises to God for the turnout of the situation your friend Brian got into years ago... and that he used that experience to better himself and help others. In agreement with you for Mary's Brian.
Cherie of Perryville, AR, praying you and Ron are doing well... I know sometimes life becomes so overwhelming there just isn't energy to 'communicate' much. Miss your updates on you and Ron. We love you both.
We are so blessed we can't get our brains wrapped around how blessed we are.
We are blessed by a 'Daddy' Who knows what is best, sometimes lets us 'wrestle' with Him and then helps us find peace when He wins... which means we win too.
We are so blessed with the love and prayers and praises shared on the UR site.
Cyber hugs ((( :-) ))) and warm mugs... or tall glasses of iced drinks, according to the need. You are loved with the kind of Love only the One True God, The Father, can love... so deep, so unconditional, so pure we can't wrap our brains around it.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 01:05PM CDT
Comment by Heidi of Woodstock, IL

Good afternoon, thank you George for your devotional.
Been visiting the grandkids and no internet connection this last week.
Trying to catch up on everyone.
Kathy, happy you made it back "home" KIM continuing prayers for perfect healing.
SARAH thinking and praying for you today.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 02:51PM CDT
Comment by Phiba

Sarah praying for you.
May God's grace rest with you.
What a wonderful reminder for us in trusting God. Have a blessed day everyone. Tc

Posted March 26, 2015 at 03:56PM CDT
Comment by Marilyn of Yukon, OK

Thank you George for your insightful devotion albeit sad. I'm glad you brought the emotion to the fore as I remember with sadness when I realized both my Dad's and Mom's overall strength was gone and the roles had switched....we all pretty much want to stay a child but know it can't happen. Jackie so glad Pumpkin showed up! Sarah thank you for the prayers for my daughter and team...she did have a successful mock interview that she was actually graded on and passed so her confidence was considerably boosted. I pray your court appearance is concluded and God's will is in motion for all affected parties.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 04:39PM CDT
Comment by Margaret of randallstown, MD

GEORGE I love reading the story of JOB, God was in this trial and JOB passed even though it was devastating, but it just shows us that when GOD allows us to go thru a trial he is with us in it. The Blessing that Job got was well deserved. Thank you LORD for being with us during times when we are going thru and dont understand why. We know that nothing is impossible for you LORD and that you areour creator. Bless everyone here on the UR today gives us all what we stand in need of and that you for reminding us inyour word that you will never leave or forsake us AMEN

Posted March 26, 2015 at 04:40PM CDT

Heidi of Woodstock, IL, THERE you are... so glad you made it back!
Marilyn of Yukon, OK, Whoohoo for your daughter having a successful mock interview that boosted her confidence.
Prayers please for two different friends who have had hard things in life and they can't seem to move past blaming God for them. One is Danny, the other is John. And NOW let us lift praises for how God will work to help them move past their anger at Him.... He better than anyone knows how to help them... if they will let Him.

Posted March 26, 2015 at 07:19PM CDT
Comment by cherie of perryville, AR

Thought I would drop a few more lines to keep my family up to date. We had a wonderful day today. Ron was feeling like walking more and eating us out of house and home. I have cooked 3 full meals today!!!!! Our pastor here in the park came and visited with us and I have a praise report!!!!!! Ron will be baptized in the lake as soon as the lake warms. There is going to be several people baptized here at that time!!! God is so Good!!!

The people living here in the park are good people and want to help us all that they can. We drove down to Little Rock on Lake Maumelle and did some shopping at Goodwill and Ron shopped til he nearly dropped. He is doing so much better. Thank you for all your prayers!!!!

Shelia, thank you for remembering us and I love you. I wore blue today and pray Sarah did well in court. Everyone have a beautiful night!!

Posted March 26, 2015 at 08:31PM CDT

George A. Nye...good evening in Oregon. Welcome back to the UR Family. Thank you for your touching devotional, Our Father's Strength.
Its sad for us to realize our parents aren't as strong as we remember. It's even sadder to be the parents...to know your strength is fading.
UR Family...good evening. At last count we had over 70 comments on today's devotional. Wow!! A touching subject...And new posts praying for Our Sarah.
Welcome to each...
Sarah...thank you for your faithful prayers. This was a "Blue Day" as we wore blue for you! Me too!
Praying for you, Lucy and Albert.
Edd...good evening in Florida. We share the same birthday :) and I'll be welcoming you to the 70's club!
Kathy...good evening in Ohio. Glad you're safely back with your family. Blessings in your new apartment and job.
Cherie...hello neighbor! A warm sunny day in our neck of the woods. The storms by passed us. Hope you're warm and safe...
Don...hello in Missouri. I'm pleased you're getting your car repaired... PTL for good friends.
A blessing for you and a blessing for her to help you.
"The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord."...Psalm 33:5

Posted March 26, 2015 at 08:42PM CDT

Cherie...PTL!! for Ron's gaining strength and more important being baptized! Oh, Wow, a great day for you, dear one!

Posted March 26, 2015 at 08:47PM CDT