Sign-up Today!

Not Over Yet

Saturday, April 19th, 2014

Read Luke 24:1-8

View the March-April, 2014 Issue

The women who had come with Jesus from Galilee . . . went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment.

- Luke 23:55-56 (NIV)

Jesus had been crucified. His life was over. Women standing nearby watched as his body was removed from the cross and taken away for burial. Then they departed for home. Resolved to honor one last time the man they had followed, they prepared embalming spices and perfumes for the Lord’s body. I try to imagine what the women were feeling. Jesus claimed to be the Christ, yet he died a criminal’s death. Hope surely gave way to confusion and disappointment as their minds cried out, It’s all over. He was not the Messiah. Many times in my life I have stopped believing just short of answered prayer. When God’s answer seemed to be “no,” my optimism would turn to defeated acceptance. But later I would rejoice to discover that what seemed the end of hope was only a delay, a difference between God’s timing and mine. The women who went home to prepare spices and perfumes teach us how to handle times when all seems lost. We can continue in prayer, do what seems right, and trust that at any moment, God may pour out rich blessings on our lives. God raised Jesus from the grave. We are God’s children too. What will God do for us?

Pat Rowland (Tennessee, USA)

Sometimes we hear “no” when God is saying, “Wait.”

How you have loved us, dear Lord! Give us faith to trust you more. Amen.

Prayer focusChurch staff preparing for Easter worship

Link to This Devotional

Good morning, everyone! Thank you, Pat, for your devotional this morning. I don’t know how many times God’s timing was not what I had wanted. Like in my life right now, I have been tempted to give up all hope. It sure looks like a giant stone has been rolled in my way. I will take a lesson from these women and continue in prayer, do what is right, and trust that God will pour out blessings in my life.
JULIA of Alexandria - It was so good to see your post yesterday! I am in continual prayer for your husband, Jeff, that the Lord will bring him healing from the cancer he has been suffering with, and that his chemo treatments are successful in destroying all the cancer. I pray that Jeff goes through these treatments easily, without a lot of the negative side effects. I am also in prayer for your son, Matt, that his fifth open heart surgery next week will be successful. I pray that the Lord will guide the doctor’s hands, and that Matt will have a quick and complete recovery, and not need additional surgeries.
FRAN of Spring, TX - I am praying for your son, Tim, who is in jail. I pray that the Lord will be speaking to his heart while there, and that Tim will turn his life over to Him, and that he will also get deliverance from his drug addictions. I am praying for your daughter, Ashley, who is struggling with her math class, which she needs to pass in order to graduate. I pray that the Lord will help her be able to learn and retain all the math principles she is learning, and do well on her tests. I pray that the Lord will speak to your son, Morgan, as he searches for the meaning of life. I pray that he will turn to God’s Word, and commit his life to Him. I am also praying for your nephew, Wyatt, who is in NICU at Texas Children’s Hospital. I pray that the Lord will bring him complete healing, and give the doctors wisdom who are caring for him.
CARMEN - I am lifting your son, Oscar Javier, in prayer as he will be having surgery on Monday on his back/vertebrae. I pray that the Lord be with him during the surgery and guide the doctors hands. I pray that this surgery is successful in repairing any damage that had been done with the accident, and that Oscar Javier will have a quick and complete recovery. I pray, also, that the Lord will give you peace, and calm all your worries.
YULIA - I am praising the Lord with you that Jesse is better, and that the Lord brought him through the crisis earlier this week safely in His Hands. I pray that He will continue to bring Jesse healing, and that He will uphold you both, giving you His peace and strength.

Posted April 19, 2014 at 12:28AM CDT
Comment by monte of laughlintown, PA

Pat, thank you for the devotional and the blog entry. May you continue to be a blessing in the lives of those girls. I especially liked your words, ‘The women who went home to prepare spices and perfumes teach us how to handle times when all seems lost. We can continue in prayer, do what seems right, and trust that at any moment, God may pour out rich blessings on our lives.’

Comments on “Good Friday”:
“As I thought of what Jesus said at the Last Supper, “Do this in remembrance,” I realized that we are to remember not only who Jesus was but also how and why he died.”—(Debbie—the author)
CARMEN—“Please my dear UR family, pray and pray more; I just heard that Oscar Javier will go for Surgery (vertebrae) next Monday. I'm terribly worried, please God forgive me, I know You don't forsake him.”—our prayers are with him and you
YULIA—“The crisis is over, and Jesse is better! Praise God, no hospitals, no drugs -- just good old remedies. I am also thankful for the guys whom God brought to help me when Jesse was totally unmovable. And again i greatly appreciate your prayers!”
LAUREN--“ What has always struck me more about Jesus' pain that day, and His cry of ‘My God, why have you forsaken me?’, is how alone He was.”—thanks for the first time post
JOE—“ …our Lord and Savior tortured beyond belief, hung on that the awesome cross with nails(spikes really) and then his merciful death and burial. End of story - no way.”
LEAH—“Thank you for the powerful reminder of God and Jesus Christ's AMAZING love for us ALL!”
IHUOMA—“ I THANK GOD FOR THIS DAY, I PRAY FOR ALL HE DID.”—thanks for the post from a first time poster, I believe
JOHN- “The bishop presiding at our Maundy Thursday service last night emphasized how the blood of Christ on the cross flowed on to those watching him die and those assisting in his death, and how in that era a covenant agreement with people was made final and absolute by a symbolic exchanging of blood to ‘seal the deal’."
MIKE—“ When you look around and see the cruelty-very sad. You don't have to look very far. That is so true; Jesus crucified by the cruelty of man which continues unabated.”
JULIA—“What kind of people would mock a dying man? And yet Jesus loved and prayed for them. ‘What wondrous love is this, O my soul?’ I have not been here for many months, but you have been in my thoughts. Jeff continues with his third course of chemotherapy and Matt is to have his fifth open heart surgery next week. It is expected to be a risky all-day surgery, with five different procedures they hope to accomplish.”—good to hear from you; continued prayers-I think of you often
MICHELE—“ I always try to remember that even though Jesus told them that He would rise, they did not understand what He meant, and so to them at this moment, He was gone forever.”
VALERIE—“The Pastor's sermon during the Maundy Thursday service was titled ‘What's on Your Bucket List?’ He went on to say how our bucket list is all about ourselves and what we want. Jesus' bucket list was about celebrating the Passover with the disciples and washing their feet; serving them, serving us. The Pastor's last question to us, ‘What's on your Basin and Towel List?’ "
FRED—“ The scripture you used, Mark 15: 16-37 brings the whole picture of cruelty and what he had to go through to my mind.”
JULIE—“ Aside from the horrendous physical pain , there was the emotional pain as well.”
CHRIS—“ Are you carrying your cross like an umbrella, and hating yourself and those around you? I hope not! I do not say these things to shame you, but to shock your thinking process. It is also said without parable, He spoke not, or words to that effect. I believe that nothing that Jesus spoke had only one meaning. The truth is out there and within, but you must find it and experience it yourself, not take for granted every traditional view as a matter of course. Test the spirits! Have a good Friday, Monte!”
ELIAS—“ Chris of Myerstown: I like what you wrote yesterday, and today, in response to Monte! Have a wonderful Easter!”
YULIA—“One look into Jesus’ eyes, and i was pierced with His agony, rejection and pain. I looked again -- my own anguish vanished! But when i finally gained enough courage to fix my eyes on Jesus, my trials began to look as blessings. To me, that paradox was truly wondrous! Only at His cross, i found all my comfort and peace. Only at His cross, i received fresh faith, hope and love. Only at His cross, i was revived again.”
CONNIE—“ The truth is that we have much in common with the fools and villains of Easter. The wonder is that Jesus loved them, and us, enough to submit to foolishness, injustice, and death.”
KIM—“ Father God how we grieve over the death of Your Son. Yet we rejoice in His Resurrection. We thank You for both. We feel so small, and yet You love each one of us.”
 Good Friday has come and gone. Many have experienced a time of worship and meditation. I was privileged to share the seven last words in worship with twelve residents of a personal-care home.
Prayers for those who are on the journey to Easter. Prayers for all who lead worship on Easter. May they have good news and welcoming parishioners for those who still have not come all that far on their faith journey.

Posted April 19, 2014 at 03:25AM CDT

Pat, thank you for the reading and the reminder it is not over till it is over. My SIL Annette received some discouraging news Thursday that her last results from the chemo were not good and she was having another allergic reaction, so they took her off the chemo. This may affect her stem cell harvest that was planned for the 1st week of May. Also yesterday was the 18nth Anniversary of her twin brother's death, so she has not had a good week . Praises as my SIL Nancy is recovering well from her surgery to remove part of her kidney, so my wife should be back the first of the week. My wife said it has been more work taking care of her spoiled dog lol. Prayers for all those with health issues and especially those caregivers, which can be a thankless job. Prayers for those unemployed or underemployed and those otherwise struggling financially. Prayers for those with addictions or mental health issues. Praises for all needs met, and prayers for all needs spoken or unspoken. Have a blessed day!

Posted April 19, 2014 at 03:37AM CDT
Comment by connie

Dear God... Thank you for waking me up this Blessed Saturday morning to experience your everlasting love and never ending mercy and for my blessed day ahead. Connie~

Posted April 19, 2014 at 04:36AM CDT

Pat, thank you for your devotion, and for the ministry you do, and so obviously enjoy with 2nd grade girls. What a great opportunity to teach a child to read, to learn the Bible and to understand God's role in their life at an age where God's Love and Power are more mysterious than they are at any other time of their life.
I really liked the idea that often God waits until the very last minute to confirm our faith. This applies not only to us, but also for those in our prayers. I also was imagining for the first time, what it must have been like for people who knew, once Christ died, He could not possibly have been their long-awaited Messiah. This is powerful stuff. Well done.

Posted April 19, 2014 at 05:39AM CDT

Our Holy Saturday here in NC will be (supposedly) quite rainy all day (the town has delayed the children's egg hunt until tomorrow afternoon). Regardless, we will have a blessed time with our family almost all together, remembering Jesus and His great Love for us. Amen

Posted April 19, 2014 at 05:45AM CDT
Comment by Francis of Hideaway, TX

Our pastor last evening gave us something excellent to ponder. At the last supper Jesus broke bread and gave it to the two who reclined beside him, John and Judas. How will you use the bread, like John or like Judas? I surely do not believe I am Judas, but have I come as far as John? Easter blessings to all, especially those persecuted because of their love of Jesus.

Posted April 19, 2014 at 05:54AM CDT
Comment by Beth

Pat, thank you for this beautiful reminder that God does not work according to our timing nor our expectations. Ten years ago God called me to a ministry of studying, writing and teaching His Word. A lot of personal issues pulled me away from that calling, and I thought God was done with me. But now He has set my feet back on that path and I am awed that, though I thought the call was dead, God brought it back to life. I am taking seminary courses, teaching and writing now - just was He called me to do ten years ago. God is so good. Thank you.
Beth Andrews

Posted April 19, 2014 at 06:06AM CDT
Comment by Bob of New York, NY

Happy Easter weekend to all. Though I'm happy that the holiday of Easter has not been as commercialized as Christmas, I find it strange that the joy and wonder of the season is not as prevalent as in Christmas. Prayers to all who feel he joy that I do, and prayers to all others who have yet to find that joy. Praise be to God, the father, son and holy ghost, this day and every day. May all prayers, spoken and unspoken be answered in God's own time. I trust they will.

Posted April 19, 2014 at 06:06AM CDT
Comment by Kathy of Reading, PA

Good Morning UR family, I try to do what is right but I know I am not living my life that is pleasing to God. This has been a struggle for me for the last 3 months. Please pray for inner peace for me and for guidance. I am keeping all in prayer dealing with health issues, relationship issues, financial problems and the daily day to day struggles of life. May we all have a blessed Saturday.

Posted April 19, 2014 at 06:13AM CDT
Comment by Dawn

Good Morning, and thank-you Pat for your devotional. You really gave a good way to consider waiting on God's timing and feelings of all is gone. I will be reading this over and over today so that I can fully remember and use it. Feeling the love of Jesus so much!
Prayers AND blessings to all mentioned.

Posted April 19, 2014 at 06:30AM CDT
Comment by Stuart of Gulfport, MS

HAPPY EASTER everyone..........................

Posted April 19, 2014 at 06:31AM CDT

"How you have loved us, dear Lord! Give us faith to trust you more. Amen."...
Pat...good morning in Tennessee! thank you for your inspiring devotional, "Not Over Yet" and your blog update.
Oh, the pain, disappointment those women felted as they turned from the cross...not knowing that joy comes in the morning. That its "not over yet..."
UR family...good morning. Its a cool morning here in SE Oklahoma. Most families will be preparing for their family's Easter celebrations. May you enjoy your time of renewing and remembering this Holy Day.
May you enjoy a blessed Saturday.
"Father, thank You for Your marvelous grace..."

Posted April 19, 2014 at 06:52AM CDT
Comment by Penny of Midland, NC

Thank you Pat, this was beautiful and gives 'food' for thought. Also, I agree with Bob of NY. I've never understood why Easter isn't the most recognized holiday, and that's not to say that Christmas shouldn't be, it's just that Easter is just so amazing. Our Savior Jesus Christ knew what he was born to do, that is take on the sin of the world. He pulled his twelve disciples aside on their way to Jerusalem and said, "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem; and the Son of Man will be delivered to the chief priests and scribes, and they will condemn Him to death, and will deliver Him to the Gentiles to mock, scourge, and crucify Him, and on the third day He will be raised up." -Matthew 20:18-19....Our Lord knew what awaited Him which makes me feel so loved by Him every time I read this verse.

Posted April 19, 2014 at 06:53AM CDT

Stuart...And to you! :)

Posted April 19, 2014 at 06:53AM CDT
Comment by chris of Myerstown, PA

Good morning to you, Pat and UR family. Pat, there is scripture that says everything with the Lord is "Yea and Amen." I believe the only time God will say no to you is if you are praying for someone, and that person's desire is different for themselves, than what you are asking. For example, someone who has put a up a long struggle with a painful illness, and they are ready to die, but because you love them you ask God to heal them.
  Like you said above, many times people give up too soon, because it's easier to believe that God is saying no, then to continue in prayer with faith. May you have a wonderful Easter, Pat.

Posted April 19, 2014 at 07:00AM CDT
Comment by Susan of Plymouth, MN

Yesterday I went to church for the Good Friday service. I knew it was to be a combined service with another church...but apparently it was being held at the other church. Being new in town, I had no idea what the other church was, or where, and I couldn't find it posted anywhere on or in my church that I could see....I felt just like one of the foolish virgins that hadn't prepared - I was out of oil, and I'd missed the service.
Thank you, Pat, for your wonderful message. No matter how we are feeling at the present moment, we can't even imagine the delights that God is preparing for us, even now!

Posted April 19, 2014 at 07:06AM CDT

Good morning ur family and Pat thank you for the devoional. Remembering that God's time is not my time. Growing up I can remember that when I asked my parents for something they would say yes,no or maybe. Maybe is the hardest one because it requires patience.
Praying for all on the list spoken or not. Have a great Saturday UR family.

Posted April 19, 2014 at 07:10AM CDT

Good morning UR Family as we come to the end of another week and an end to the journey to the Cross; but tomorrow, the best is yet to come. George, sorry to hear of the news of Annette, she has been in my prayers and I will to pray for her and her doctors; good news for Nancy, praise the Lord. Julia, what blessings it was to read your post yesterday. My continued prayers for Jeff and prayers for Matt and his team of doctors on Monday. Carmen, prayers continued for Oscar Javier's surgery on Monday. Heavenly Fathers, be with each of these dear people and their doctors that through the procedures they are going through that they will receive a blessing of healing. My prayers for all throughout this day, spoken and unspoken. "ASK"

Posted April 19, 2014 at 07:14AM CDT

Yes, Pat, God has his own schedule and it is always for his children's good. I always appreciate the Bible verses that start with: 'But God - - -'. He knows it is the time to act and now He is.

Posted April 19, 2014 at 07:15AM CDT

Good morning all great day to worship the Lord and pass His saving grace forward. Praise the Lord!!! Pat, thanks for the scripture and your devotional. As humans we often misinterpret what God is telling us and our impatience is usually the culprit. As you said when we become impatient a wait a minute becomes a no to us. I try to take a step back and say to myself do I need that right now or not. When I do that waiting becomes a viable option. Praying the entire UR Family has a great Easter and remembers that Easter is Jesus' present to us. May His healing hands and love surround us all this day. God is Love!!! Edd of Ocala, FL.

Posted April 19, 2014 at 07:21AM CDT
Comment by chris of Myerstown, PA

Kathy, praying for your peace of mind today. Kathy, why do you think your life is not pleasing to God? Think about this, God has forgiven you everything you have ever done, are doing, and will do. If you fall down (sin) get back up, God will even give you a hand. This is what Paul meant when he said, " we die daily". Put to death the sin and get thee behind me satan, don't look back but face Jesus.
 It is your own heart that is condemning you, not Jesus. When you pray ask the Lord to help you forgive yourself, as He has forgiven you. As Pat wrote today, pray and don't give up, cause God will never give up on you. Kathy, you are not alone, many of us doubt ourselves or our worthiness from time to time, but God has made you very worthy! He considers you a daughter. May God bless you with peace and lift your burdens off your shoulders. Have a great Easter.

Posted April 19, 2014 at 07:31AM CDT
Comment by Lee Anne of Astatula, FL

Kathy of Reading...... My personal opinion is that God doesn't expect us to be perfect, probably the opposite. I believe that He gave us the Ten Commandments as a guide, for us to strive for "goodness" and to enrich our faith in Him. His love for us in unconditional. Prayers that He may guide you in your struggles - God bless :)

Posted April 19, 2014 at 07:34AM CDT

Father God thank You for answered prayers. Thank You that just when we think it's all over, You act in powerful ways to remind us that You are the source of our hope. Help us share the story of Your Resurrection with the children. Be with the lost, the lonely and the hurting. Be with the parents of South Korea. Bring peace to Ukraine. Be Thou our vision. IJN. Amen.

Posted April 19, 2014 at 07:46AM CDT
Comment by chris of Myerstown, PA

Elias, thank you for the compliment. Sometimes we can differ greatly in our opinions, yet at other times we could almost write each others posts. I guess all truth eventually comes together in Christ. Have a great day, and Easter!

Sheila, men have been adding to and taking away, from the scriptures right from the beginning. Praise God though that enough has been preserved to allow us to fill in some of the blanks. God died for our sins, He arose that we may have hope through salvation, that we too will arise. The rest is details. May you have a great day, and Easter!

Posted April 19, 2014 at 07:51AM CDT
Comment by Lucy of Lake Junaluska, NC

This morning at the breakfast table, my husband read the Upper Room devotion, as usual. I didn't see the author's name and did not know who wrote it until he read it at the end. Was so happy that I know Pat Rowland. She is a member of our online writers' group. We Christians are sisters in Christ and even though we don't know each other as neighbors or face to face, we are one in the Spirit of our loving Lord. So I have hurried to the computer to say a huge "thank you dear Pat for that awesome message, and I love you in our Lord !" And YES, "the women who went home to prepare spices and perfumes teach us how to handle times when all seems lost."

Posted April 19, 2014 at 07:57AM CDT
Comment by Jason

Pat, thanks for sharing. For years I have prayed that one of my brothers would change his life and come to know Christ. It always seems that my prayers fell on deaf ears. But the truth is God hears our prayers and answers them. I had given up but I know that isn't the right answer. The truth is my brother has the freedom to choose. I will continue to pray for him. I know God hears my prayers and answers. But the final choice is my brother's.

Thank you for the reminder not to give up. When it looks the darkest it is important to remember Christ HAS risen...

Thanks again & Happy Easter,
Jason

Posted April 19, 2014 at 07:59AM CDT
Comment by Janet of Johnstown, PA

Thank you, Pat for your devotional. I love the thought of the day. Sometimes the waiting period is God wanting us to accept that His will be done, not ours.
Everyone have a blessed Easter.

Posted April 19, 2014 at 08:05AM CDT
Comment by Hazel

Good morning, UR Family. Thank you, Pat for reminding us of something we should never forget!!!
I attended a powerful Good Friday service where the seven last words were lifted up. The speakers were anointed to open up the Scriptures in new and insightful ways. I was blessed by the service and better prepared to enter into the worship of Resurrection Sunday. Guy Penrose of Gaither Homecoming fame sings a song that resonates in my heart all the time: Then Came The Morning. That is the hope of everyone who believes on The Lord Jesus Christ. It is my only hope. My prayer for you is that you will always bask in the unconditional love of The Master, that you will let Him be The God of your life, and that all will be well with you in all of your circumstances. May your hearts be filled to overflowing Joy on Resurrection Sunday as you remember that He died that you may live. I love you all. Rest in The Lord!!!

Posted April 19, 2014 at 08:05AM CDT
Comment by Elizabeth of Buford, GA

What a powerful message. Happy Easter.

Posted April 19, 2014 at 08:16AM CDT

Pat thank you so much for the reminder! He's an on-time God! Happy Easter Stuart and all visiting the cyber chapel this day.

Posted April 19, 2014 at 08:22AM CDT

Good morning my friends. Pat, welcome to the UR family and thank you for your devotional contribution. Patience is indeed the name of the game. The Lord hears our prayers as we pray to Him but does not always answer them right away, as far as we can discern. His answer may well be yes to our request, or yes, but not immediately, or it may be no. Whatever His answer is, it is for our own good. I pray each and every day for better times for all of us, healing from sickness, employment opportunities for those seeking a way to make a living and ways that I can better serve Him through providing comfort and aid for those in distress. I also pray that we can be a better witnesses of His love for mankind. I am sure that there are those who do not have great material resources sometimes wonder if He cares about them but His love for each of us does not depend on how much we have in the way of financial resources. Jesus gave His life on the cross to show his love for each and every one of us, even for those who crucified Him. How more selfless can one be than that? Prayers today for all of us that we will find healing through Our Lord Jesus Christ. Keep your hopes high and your faith in Him strong, and be patient. He will take care of you. Praise the Lord!!

Posted April 19, 2014 at 08:25AM CDT

Pat, thank you for todays words to ponder. As I was reading the scripture I thought about the strong possibility that one of the women would have been Mary, the mother of The Christ. As a mother, there are things we absorb about our children as they grow and become adults, and when a mother is spiritually connected to The Creator of life and The One of Great Purpose IN our lives, we just KNOW stuff in our hearts about our children. I am sure that Mary knew in her heart it wasn't over yet. She had seen her Son bring people back from death, she had seen Him perform miracles no one else had performed before. She would have remembered the Shepherds, the Wise Men who came and saw, the words of Simeon and Anna in The Temple, and all of them spoke words that she pondered in her heart. And she would feel in her spirit THAT SABBATH DAY, as they rested, that something wondrous was about to happen. Her mind may not have been prepared for it, but her spirit was, and she was probably a bit excited to get to the tomb the next morning to see what it was. Yes, she helped prepare spices for His body, yes, she helped carry them to the tomb. (I remember reading once that in the preparing of bodies for burial back then it would have been close to a 100 lbs. of spices to wrap in layers and layers of cloth, so carrying that kind of load would not be easy. They each, however many women there were, would have divided the load and walked the whole way.) But, Mary, the Mother, was most likely the elder of the group and would have been setting the example of obedience and of hope. She was mentoring the younger ladies. Isn't that what we are to do? Learn, absorb, ponder, grow, be obedient to His guidance through The Holy Spirit, and pass it on...

We are so VERY BLESSED to have RELATIONSHIP WITH, BE LOVED BY, LOVE BACK to the best of our human capabilities, and SERVE, THE CHRIST WHO DIED FOR OUR SINS ON THE SACRIFICIAL ALTAR OF THE CROSS, and Who 'rested' and 'rejuvenated' on the SABBATH, continuing even in death to set the example of keeping the Sabbath HOLY. (Sabbath was created for man to rest and rejuvenate, not man for the Sabbath to run around 'doing holy things'. We should do the Holy things all week long, what I call getting 'rung out', and then spend one day 'soaking up the rest, rejuvenation and Spirit', like a sponge, in preparation for the new week ahead of getting 'rung out' again. In my humble opinion.)

Cyber hugs, ponderings in our hearts, and rejuvenation in our spirits as we prepare for THE 1ST DAY OF THE WEEK, THE EASTER MORNING. Friday has past, but SUNDAY'S A COMIN'!

Posted April 19, 2014 at 08:43AM CDT
Comment by packia of New York, NY

Good Morning and a blessed spiritual renewal week end for each one.
 Thank you Pat. I feel that the topic "Not over yet" is a blessed thought, I need at this time. Gives me hope to trust for some thing better to come.
  Thanks to all who contribute and pray coming to this site. JULIA, may God strengthen you each day and give healing to your husband and son as they are going through treatment and forthcoming surgery for Matt. FRAN, upholding you, your sons, daughter Ashley and nephew Wyatt in prayers that god's mighty presence and guidance be with each to bring about good result. CARMEN, may God take away the anxiety and bring healing to your son Oscar, providing compassion and wisdom to all who care for him and treat him. YULIA, I see that your comments are a great witness to God mostly. God is great and He has brought your husband Jessie out of the Crisis amazingly. Thanking God with you and praying that He uses you mightily giving wisdom and strength. Continued healing be there Lord. Keeping your family in Ukraine also in prayers. A joyous and blessed EASTER to all.

Posted April 19, 2014 at 08:56AM CDT
Comment by Felecia of Pearland, TX

I can 't imagine the pain Jesus must have felt the day he died, or visulize the cruelty man placed on him. I am thankful God loved me enough to let his son, Jesus die for my sins. Lord, help us to remember how important Easter really is. I pray everyone have a blessed day.

Posted April 19, 2014 at 09:06AM CDT
Comment by Laura

Pat - much needed! Thank you!!!
Blessings!!!