More from Tyrel Williams

by Upper Room Administrator on Monday, September 04, 2017

Hello Upper Room readers!  I am so blessed and honored to have the opportunity to share my message with you all!  I have been blessed beyond anything I could possibly imagine.  I have a wonderful wife and 2 beautiful children that I love with every inch of my soul, and a wonderful family and friends.  There are so many ways that the Lord has blessed me far beyond anything I deserve.  With that being said, I wanted to share with you something that is very special in my life.

Some of my favorite memories growing up have been doing things outdoors.  Whether it was going fishing with my Dad and Uncle Robin, playing baseball, going boating with my family, or sitting around the campfire with my dearest friends, I always look back and remember how much joy that brought me.  Doing things outdoors has taught me patience, how to adapt, how to be competitive, how to learn from my mistakes, and how to enjoy the gifts and opportunities the Lord has given me. I think the thing I enjoy the most about being in the outdoors is just how simple, yet strangely complicated things are.  Just sitting there thinking about God's creation and how complicated and special it really is puts everything into perspective for me.

Another aspect I love about being outdoors is that it is a special, personal time that I can spend with the people I love.  If I'm alone, I can spend my time praying, listening and enjoying God's creation.  If I'm with a friend or loved one, I can use that time to talk, listen, and enjoy their company.

I do however regret some of the time I've spent outdoors, because I've missed opportunities to say things that needed to be said.  I focused too much on what we were doing and missed critical opportunities.  There are many things that I really wish I would have shared when I had the opportunity.  I have a loved one in particular where I had so many opportunities to talk to him about the Lord; but I just didn't.  I never got up enough courage to have that conversation.  I really regret that now because that loved one has since passed away.

My message today focused on using the spiritual gifts that God has given you.  You may not think that you have a certain spiritual gift, but do not let that stop you from trying.  The world needs Jesus Christ more than ever.  The Gospel will never reach those who need it if we stay silent.  If there is anything that I hope you take away from this post, it is to be courageous and take a chance to share the message of Jesus Christ with a friend or loved one.  It will be the most important conversation you have with those that you love.  Take the chance, take advantage of the opportunity.

Your Brother in Christ,

Tyrel Williams

Thank you Tyrel I know your dilemma I often wish that I had spoken better or more often with loved ones about the Lord but then I did not and do not want to be pushing them. I asked God to give me the opportunity when it arises and to work through the Holy Spirit in their lives.
Georgine, Arqua Petrarca, Italy

Posted September 04, 2017 at 01:20AM CDT
Comment by J of Washington, DC

Our daughter loved the sunrise, the sunset, nature, weather, living (flowers, etc.) and non-living (rocks, etc.), and so many questions and wisdom.
----
 When the Holy Spirit it usually nags constantly until you obey, "Pop, pop oh what a relief it is."
------
We need to learn how to be still, "empty our brain", medicate, be quite, stay awhile, sit in our favorite place (rocking chair, under the tree) and let God minister, converse with each other.
-----
"Who will go?"
"Send me."
Isaiah 6:8
Ce Ce Winans
Instead of saying,
"Something told me ____."
Say instead, "The Holy Spirit _____ (Led me, Guide me)

Posted September 04, 2017 at 02:15AM CDT

Tyrell, you wait it all when you said (be courageous and take a chance to share the message of Jesus Christ with a friend or loved one. It will be the most important conversation you have with those that you love. Take the chance, take advantage of the opportunity.). You never know what one word or sentence will start that process in that individual. God is Love for All!!!

Posted September 04, 2017 at 04:22AM CDT
Comment by Carol of Wheeler, TX

Thank you so much for sharing your experience while shopping. I too have had those moments when after a happening I reflect back, "That was you, God! Thank you Father!" And it's usually not "big stuff" when that happens. God is so good.

Posted September 04, 2017 at 06:58AM CDT
Comment by Jay of Clearwater, FL

Tyrel, you have the hands of love. You articulate it well.
The gift of helping hands is a true blessing. Love is conducted with touch. Holy hands are a true gift. Use them for witnessing HIS Love.
Agape Tyrel,
O'Jay..... aka "Mr. Fix-It" in Clearwater

Posted September 04, 2017 at 06:59AM CDT
Comment by Vanessa of Columbus, GA

Thanks for putting in writing your gift of helping in small ways....it's the same gift that I have....blessings to you and your family!

Posted September 04, 2017 at 07:30AM CDT
Comment by Rosita of Weatherbylake, MO

Tyrel, our lives are the best witness to the peace, love and commitment that comes from our daily walk. I'm sure over the years your witness did make a difference, many will be drawn to the bible to see what makes you who you are, you may never know how many you have already told about Christ by your life. They will know the Father by knowing you if you are his child and reflect Christ.

Posted September 04, 2017 at 09:17AM CDT
Comment by Kathy

Tyrell, thank you for your message today. Sometimes it is the smallest thing that helps someone else in an enormous way. God uses ordinary people to do extraordinary things! Bless you.
~ Kathy in Canada, Ontario, Hamilton

Posted September 04, 2017 at 10:50AM CDT
Comment by Marilyn of Grantsburg, WI

Thank you, Tyrell, for sharing you helping experience. I am reminded of a time when grocery shopping with my husband and a little elderly lady was wistfully looking up at a top shelf, then turned to me and asked if she could borrow my husband to get an item that was out of her reach. I thought what a proper lady she was to ask me for permission for him to help her. Also reminds me of so many times my beloved husband was "on loan" by our Lord to help others. Blessings to you.

Posted September 04, 2017 at 12:15PM CDT