More from Scoie Green

by Upper Room Administrator on Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Dear Readers:
It is such a pleasure to read your comments on how my story has touched your life. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a happy ending. However, I can rejoice in knowing that I was obedient to God and honored his word.

Here is my response:

I was shocked by the outcome of my story. How could a father betray
his own daughter?

When I submitted this article, things were going so well. It was like
a dream come true. For several months, we talked on a daily basis and
prepared for the future.

Then, on the spur of the moment, things began to turn for the worse.
The nights became longer and the days more dreadful. I suffered in
silence at the pain of being molested by my father.

I would often ask myself “Why must I bare this burden alone?” No, it’s
true- we’re never alone with God. But keeping a secret and being
trapped in a body of disbelief is a slow death.

After 15 months, I finally gained the strength to leave. I realized he
needed help that I couldn’t provide. We never spoke again.

Comment by Richard

Wow Scoie, I don't know what to say! The first time I pulled up today's devotional I did not see "More from the Author." "More" can be very revealing, due to the time lapse of submitting and publishing. This is the worst turn for the bad I've seen. It is easy for one to say we all must constantly renew and maintain GOD as our Anchor, but can be much harder to do. I applaud your Faith and Courage to share these painful comments. Your trials seem to be a heavy dose of Satan attempting to test your Faith. Stay strong, we are praying for you, you are not alone in this! In CHRIST, Richard, Marietta, GA

Posted September 13, 2017 at 11:09AM CDT
Comment by Donnie of Royston, GA

Scoie, I am so sorry to hear that this situation did not turn out well. But you are absolutely right in being able to feel good about having done your best. Thank you for the encouraging devotion, and I will say special prayer for you.

Posted September 13, 2017 at 11:12AM CDT
Comment by Nolan

I don't understand the details of God's plans for us. I couldn't help but wonder if part of the reason for your delay in contacting your father was to let you mature to the person who could better handle the ordeal you faced.

Posted September 13, 2017 at 12:31PM CDT
Comment by Debra of Maricopa, AZ

Scoie, remember that especially as a child, the burden you felt to contact your father should not have been yours alone to bear. Your father had a greater responsibility than you but he disregarded it for all those years. You loved as Christ would love. And did as Christ would do. I'm so sorry this turned out badly but God knows your heart and loves you for it. God bless.

Posted September 13, 2017 at 12:37PM CDT
Comment by Debra of Maricopa, AZ

As an added thought, I usually don't look at "more by the author" (and it's interesting that your story prompted me to look this time). But I will check them out from now on. You've shown me there is always more to our stories. God always has more to say.

Posted September 13, 2017 at 12:44PM CDT
Comment by Bruce M. of West Des Moines, IA

I think you did well in sharing both stories, the person seeking reconciliation, and later finding important things had not changed. I hope you realize there are many who will find both stories important. Most of all, it is good that your stepped away that second time. Sometimes the best one can do is to put the other person in God hands.
Your telling of your strength and wisdom in doing so, can be of greater help that someone hearing a counselor or friends to do so.
May God heal your own hurt as well.

Posted September 13, 2017 at 12:56PM CDT
Comment by James

Scoie, what a tragic ending to the story! As we grow older we will go thru good times and bad times. But at 70 I have learned that God does not waste what has happened to us in our past, if we stick with Him. Please do not let what your earthly father did, cause confusion about your relationship with your heavenly Father. I know two people who are unable to have a close relationship with God because of what their fathers did to them when young.
God will use your past to help others who have been down similar roads. Satan tries to "sift as wheat (Luke 22:31), but if we keep with God he can't get very far, or like Peter we come back. I know as I am being "sifted" as I write. It isn't (or has been) easy. I pray for you and your walk with God. Jim

Posted September 13, 2017 at 06:00PM CDT
Comment by Lyana

I am so sorry that this suffering and pain happened to you. I pray that you will gather more strength in God and yourself and find solace and peace soon.

Posted September 13, 2017 at 06:08PM CDT
Comment by Matt

Dear Scoie Green, so sorry for you. This is an horrid sin which was inflicted upon you. You are in my prayers, prayers for strength, fortitude & healing ...... Please Jesus

Posted September 14, 2017 at 08:08AM CDT