More from Michele M. Rizzo

by Upper Room Editorial on Friday, June 30, 2017

Adopting our beautiful “forever child” Allison is the subject of today’s meditation. Allison brings endless joy into our lives every day. We are so thankful to God for giving her to us through the gift of adoption. In fact – we never actually think about the “adoption” part of our lives, as Allison was permanently embedded into our hearts the first moment we held her in our arms. Our love has deepened and matured through the years, as all loving family relationships do—just like our own relationships with our heavenly father continue to grow as we experience God's deep love for us.

Allison spent her 22nd birthday sitting on the edge of her Dad’s hospital bed fearing he would die soon of cancer. A mere month before her dad, my beloved husband Michael of 39 years, had become mysteriously ill. We ended up in the emergency room where he was tested and diagnosed with cholangiocarcinoma, a rare and deadly cancer of the bile ducts. We were all devastated.

That night in the hospital Michael and I held one another and cried. Michael’s deepest sorrow at that moment was facing the real possibility that he would not be here to walk Allison down the aisle on her wedding day. Tears still surface today remembering that moment.

Due to God’s incredible grace, the power of prayer, and the healing benefits of healthy nutrition, Allison’s dad survived and today is 100% cancer free! This smiling photograph of Allison and her father Michael was taken one year later right about the time of Allison’s 23rd birthday (they are both pictured above).

Inspired by Michael’s recovery from a deadly cancer diagnosis through nutrition and prayer, I went back to school and received training to become an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach. Today I am helping people recover their health through prayer and nutrition.

God's amazing grace abounds for us all – his forever children. I marvel continually at God’s loving care and devotion to us.

I am an ordained minister of the gospel, and my ministry blog is http://istilllovejesus.com/. On this blog I share articles about present day Biblical fulfillment and encourage people to walk closely with our loving Savior, Jesus.

I am also a Certified Holistic Health & Nutrition Coach, and my health coach blog (http://michelemrizzo.com) holds articles about nutrition and updates for online classes I teach on health and nutrition. I am currently writing a book of our healing adventures – which I will post as soon as it is available.

- Michele M. Rizzo

What a beautiful devotional and your faith is impeccable. Would be interested in your book. Truly a beautiful blessed family. God is Love for All!!!

Posted June 30, 2017 at 04:40AM CDT
Comment by cherie of Hot Springs, AR

Michele, such a wonderful testimony from you and your family! So happy your husband fought the fight and won! Love to you, sister!

Posted June 30, 2017 at 05:26AM CDT
Comment by Cyn of Atlanta, GA

What a living testament to the love of God--through both the adoption of your daughter and the healing of your husband, as well as your work in telling the story. Bless be to God.

Posted June 30, 2017 at 05:36AM CDT

A living proof that the Lord does perform miracles daily. PTL. for Michael's full recovery!

Posted June 30, 2017 at 05:58AM CDT
Comment by Karen of Jackson, MS

Such a wonderful story of God's work. Thank you for sharing. Be Blessed!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ

Posted June 30, 2017 at 06:17AM CDT

Wow!Michele, what a beautiful and uplifting testimony. All praise and glory to God our Father, the greatest healer of all times. You are so blessed with a beautiful loving and lovely family.๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ˜Š

Posted June 30, 2017 at 06:40AM CDT
Comment by Kathy

This is a strong testament of the miraculous healing power of God. To all people who have been diagnosed, not only with cancer but, with any life-threatening disease, please remember our good doctors are not God. They are mere conduits whom God works through everyday. Thank you for this wonderful message, Michele. God bless the work you do for Him and may He also bless your husband, sons and daughter Allison.
~ Kathy in Hamilton, Ontario,Canada

Posted June 30, 2017 at 06:42AM CDT
Comment by Susan of Duncannon, PA

Wow!! What a touching story. From the adaption thru the the wonderful miracle!! God has really blessed your family. Thank you for sharing. He is so good when we believe and pray. Not just in our desperate times but all he time.๐Ÿ™
God Bless,
Susan

Posted June 30, 2017 at 06:56AM CDT
Comment by Carolyn of Austin, TX

Just like Susan, all I can say is "Wow!" Not just Wow, but "OH, WOW!" Thank you, Michele and God bless your ministry.

Posted June 30, 2017 at 07:14AM CDT
Comment by Yvonne of Grand Prairie, TX

I just wanted to comment on the pics...how beautiful to see a family that stayed together for 20 years with a gorgeous young lady. That is truly God-given! Congrats!

Posted June 30, 2017 at 08:10AM CDT
Comment by Lois of Memphis, TN

Comment by Lois of Memphis, TN
Michele, such a loving testimony. When reading today's daily devotional, I could feel the love you have for your family. Beautiful pic! May, God continue to Bless your family.
Thanks for sharing.

Posted June 30, 2017 at 08:32AM CDT
Comment by Rich of Silver Spring, MD

Thanks for sharing your miracles. We have a similar testimony. Our adopted daughter came into our lives over 30 years ago. My wife was delivered through prayer and skilled surgery the year our daughter graduated from college. Every day we share together is a miracle granted by God.

Posted June 30, 2017 at 08:38AM CDT
Comment by Michele of Lake Arrowhead, CA

Hi Dear Family of God. I am so deeply blessed with your loving comments. It brings tears to my eyes. Thank you all so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. It is very encouraging.

Posted June 30, 2017 at 08:45AM CDT
Comment by donna of windsor mills, MD

This word, this devotional is truly a blessing to my heart! I have experienced a family healing through prayer, and although my brother later succumbed to cancer, the disease we hate, God blessed us with five years that the doctors said he would not see! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Posted June 30, 2017 at 08:50AM CDT
Comment by Michele of Lake Arrowhead, CA

Donna, my heart goes out to you - so many have lost love ones to cancer. I am so blessed you had your brother for five years longer than the doctors thought. Praise God indeed!

Posted June 30, 2017 at 01:33PM CDT
Comment by Jennifer of Oregon, OH

Thank you for sharing your all inspiring journey. May God continue to give you all the tools you need to carry on His work.

Posted June 30, 2017 at 10:36PM CDT
Comment by Sandee of Sidney, MT

Michele's love and dedication to Jesus and her family is inspirational!

Posted July 01, 2017 at 06:50AM CDT