More from Connie L. Miller

by Upper Room Editorial on Friday, December 23, 2016

When I prayed for God to help me become a friend to my ex-husband, I had no idea that God would change me in these ways:

- Even when I may be praying for God to change someone else, prayer changes me.

- God’s still teaching me about trusting another to the hands of God and his plans for that person.

- Even when my prayer is directed toward what I want in this life, God answers with eternal perspective.

- It’s amazing how God sorts it all out and helps me want what I need and let go of thinking I need what I want.

I can see how God has been preparing me for the latest work he has given me to do--having my teenage grandson live with me. I will be writing on my blog, sharingmyhopeinchrist.com, about this adventure of reaching Medicare age one month and the next month having a teenager live with me.

- Connie L. Miller

Comment by Laurie

Beautiful! I am praying for you, that you receive joy, peace and good health.

Posted December 23, 2016 at 05:20AM CST
Comment by marian of OGLESBY, TX

Thank you Connie! I liked " God sorts it all out and helps me want what I need and let go of thinking I need what I want." That was for me this morning. Prayed that God will help you in the challenges ahead of raising your grandson. May you be blessed Connie!

Posted December 23, 2016 at 06:00AM CST

Had a scare last night my son went to the emergency room, he was totally dehydrated and we had to wait to go until Zeke had my wife to sit him. It's things like that which will change your life completely as you raise your grandson. God bless you for stepping up to the challenge. God is Love 4 all!!!

Posted December 23, 2016 at 07:05AM CST
Comment by Hoyte of Plano, TX

Whew, Connie,
Just be thankful it's not a teenage granddaughter!
God bless and thank you for your devotional.

Posted December 23, 2016 at 07:23AM CST
Comment by Jay of Clearwater, FL

Wow, Connie,
May the Holy Spirit guide, direct, focus and provide
you with His/Her Blessings and Wisdom. May your new adventure bring new purpose and the Fruit of the Spirit
be with you. Call for Jesus often. Among these things, Love, Faith and Hope............. you know !
Jay, String Cross maker in Florida

Posted December 23, 2016 at 08:37AM CST
Comment by Wendell of Piney Flats, TN

Thanks for the reminder! We should be vessels for the Holy Spirit - willing to open ourselves to what we need and let go of the things we want when not part of His plan. God bless you as you open yourself and your home to your grandson!

Posted December 23, 2016 at 01:39PM CST
Comment by Rev.Rajn of trivandrum, KY

Somethings wonderful.

Posted December 25, 2016 at 11:59PM CST
Comment by Rev.Rajn of trivandrum, KY

Please pray for my mission to old age home and orphan children, I will pray for you also.
if you would like to know more about my mission to these unfortunates, please mail me to
agapelove_love@yahoo.com